---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

soooo this is another --- story again lol i’m sorry but i at giving titles, i really do. ;A;

anw keziaaaa this one is for you sissy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! stay healthy and keep shipping baekyeol! i love you! /hugs/ everyone please wish kez a wonderfully amazing year ahead~~~~ <3

 

p.s: i finally wrote again after so long and i’m not gonna convince you all (including you kez huhuhu i’m sorry) that this one is good or what but please just prepare your pillow because this consists of 5000ish words of bulls and boring plot. if you need brick to throw at me then feel free to ask for three.

 

 

Chanyeol hisses as he glances down at the black watch lingering around his left wrist and notices it is five minutes to midnight already. He snaps his head to the left when he hears a sound of door opening, but then he sees that it is just Baekhyun’s roommate, Jongin, coming back to their shared room with a pile of history books in his slightly muscled arms.

“Waiting for Baekhyun hyung, still?” Jongin asks, although he clearly knows what the answer will be. After putting down the thick books on his study desk, he jumps on his own bed and sighs tiredly. He then turns his body to the lanky boy who is still sitting on his roommate’s bed with a look that reminds him of his crush’s, Kyungsoo, upset beagle. “Have you two not talked about it, hyung?”

“Talked about what?” Chanyeol narrows his eyes. “There is nothing to be talked about between us.”

A moment of silence envelopes them and, just like that, Jongin knows he has just slipped something he should not have. He visibly gulps. “Umm…”

God must have heard the tan skinned boy’s silent plea for Baekhyun to quickly come back as the beautiful boy suddenly steps in to the room with a weak Jongin, I am back, looking tired as ever, but it quickly turns into something unreadable when his eyes meet Chanyeol’s and the white plastic bag sitting on his bed. Without saying any greeting to the giant, Baekhyun just heads straight to the bathroom, not even dropping his postman bag on his desk.

As soon as Chanyeol hears the sound of the shower running, he puts the Chinese take-out he has bought for Baekhyun on the latter’s desk and leaves like nothing has happened.

Jongin pulls at his midnight black hair in frustration. This is the fourth time this week.

 

ᴥᴥᴥ

 

“Man, I say you fix things with your little puppy as soon as possible,” Yifan suggests after taking a sip of his Iced Cappuccino, eyes set on a laughing Baekhyun sitting a few tables away from Chanyeol and him in the campus’ cafeteria. There, Baekhyun appears to be having the best time in his life with Junmyeon, Luhan, and Minseok, the seniors from his major, while Yifan notices that Baekhyun mostly has a frown etched on his face if he is near Chanyeol recently. What the fricking hell is happening with them? “In case you did not know, Baekhyun often spends his time with Yixing, too.”

“So?”

“You know Yixing likes Baekhyun.”

“Mmhm. So?”

“Holymo— Are you okay with that?” When Yifan does not hear any response from the boy sitting across him, he immediately rolls his eyes and lifts his hands up in defeat. “Dude, fine. I am staying out of this, then.”

“There is nothing to be fixed, hyung,” Chanyeol says with his usual wide smile before finishing his banana milk and leaving his Chinese buddy alone at their table with the excuse of I need to find some books in the library first before I walk Baekhyun back to the dorm today.

Yifan, forgetting about his cool image as the leader of Seoul National University’s basketball team, can only stare at Chanyeol’s retreating back with his mouth wide agape. No, Chanyeol did not just say there was nothing to be fixed between Baekhyun and him when he, in all honesty, thinks that whatever it is that his best friend has with Baekhyun is already on the edge of a hill.

Getting back to his senses, Yifan then darts his eyes back to Baekhyun’s table only to witness how Luhan casually ruffles Baekhyun’s slightly wavy soft brown locks, getting a very adorable eye-smile (although something about it seems off) from the latter in return. He chokes on empty air at the action because no one other than Chanyeol has ever touched Baekhyun’s hair, simply because the smaller boy never allows anyone other than Chanyeol to do so (that is what he remembers, though). In short, it is either Baekhyun has erased that rule or— No, Baekhyun is not one to easily change his mind like that.

The Chinese boy is still very much at his shocked (and utterly confused) state that he misses Baekhyun’s quick glance at his table and the bitter smile lingering on his thin lips for two seconds after that.

 

ᴥᴥᴥ

 

“Baekhyun hyung, are you sure you do not want to talk—”

“No.”

“Hyung—”

“Jongin, can you please just stop bringing that top—”

“Okay, fine. But how far do you want to—HYUNG! OH GOD!” Jongin crouches down in panic and carefully helps Baekhyun to sit up. A soccer ball just fled out of nowhere (they just did not realize they were innocently walking past a group of Fine Arts seniors playing soccer) and hit the side of his roommate’s head hard, to the point that Baekhyun fell down to the damp grass in a heartbeat. “Are you okay?”

“Do I look goddamn okay to you?!” Baekhyun barks, eyes shutting close due to the throbbing pain and dizziness as the impact of the hit. He hears the seniors coming up to him, asking if he wants to be brought to the health center, and he quickly shakes his head no in pretense. Stupid move, though; the pain comes back twice worse and Baekhyun grunts with his eyes still closed. “Damn, this hurts so much.”

A continuous I think you should go to the health center is heard but then there is a particular I am taking you back to your room that instantly gets Baekhyun’s attention. It was spoken in such authoritative voice yet still sounded genuinely worried, and just in a split of second Baekhyun knows who that velvety deep voice belongs to.

He does not know—not like he wants to—where Chanyeol came from. The giant does not play soccer so he surely is not the one in responsibility for the hit.

He suddenly feels himself being picked up bridal style, so without thinking (he just does not want to fall) he curls his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and buries his face there, both to hide his reddening cheeks (he mentally screams I am not a princess) and his pained expression. He is sure that Jongin will interrogate him later tonight but right now his main concern is to not let Chanyeol hear or feel how hard his heart is pounding against his chest with him clinging onto the taller boy like this. His brain wants him to let go of Chanyeol and just run away, but his heart, mind, and soul miss having Chanyeol’s warmth and affection very much, so he opts to block whatever it is that his brain is commanding instead.

Once they reach Baekhyun’s room (the petite boy’s nose catches the usual sweet smell of his mango scented perfume mixed with the tangy smell of Jongin’s sweat, so he is sure he really is in his room and not Chanyeol’s), Chanyeol gently lays the boy in his arms down on his bed and pulls the covers up to the latter’s chest. He then bends his upper body and leans down to place a warm, lingering kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead, one that makes all the butterflies in the smaller boy’s stomach pregnant and give birth in a millisecond. Baekhyun does not want to overthink, but he can tell that the kiss holds so many meanings behind it.

Thinking that Baekhyun still closing his eyes is a sign of him holding back the pain, Chanyeol sits down on the cold wooden floor and reaches out to softly caress Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb. He notices that Baekhyun is getting thinner, and it actually upsets him that he does not really know the reasons because the older boy has never told him anything anymore nowadays. “Do you need painkillers, Baek?”

It takes about six seconds for the boy in bed to mutter a small no.

“Okay, then. You should rest,” Chanyeol gives another affectionate kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead and flashes a warm smile although he knows the latter still has his eyes closed. “I will check up on you later.”

The boy lying on the bed waits until he hears the sound of the door opening and closing before finally letting the hot tears escape his tightly shut eyes. It just hurts so much, not his head but his heart.

Why are you being like this, Yeol?

 

ᴥᴥᴥ

 

When Yifan shouts we are done for the day as the clock finally strikes four in the afternoon, Chanyeol lets out a tired sigh and jogs up to his backpack in the corner of the sports gym, taking out his water bottle and emptying the liquid there in record time. His muscles ache, courtesy for the non-stop basketball practices his team has been doing since the start of the week (they have tournament in two weeks), and his head feels so heavy because of the papers he has been working on, seeing that the end of the semester is nearing fast. So right now, what he wants the most is to take a long rest on his bed, preferably for more than half a day or so.

“Your little puppy is coming,” Yifan informs as he takes a seat next to a sweating Chanyeol on the floor. His eyes follow Baekhyun’s every moment, and they get bigger when he sees that Baekhyun is walking up to Sehun instead, the campus’ best point guard. He feels like his eyes are going to jump out of their sockets when Baekhyun wipes the sweat on Sehun’s forehead with the towel he has brought. “What the—Hey! Chan—Where are you going?”

But Chanyeol hears none of it. There are just so many things running in his head, and he does not like the idea of getting something added into the little space his head has. He has seen what Baekhyun did earlier, and something inside him has finally snapped.

He has had enough. Everyone has their limits.

Fuming in anger, he throws his empty water bottle on the wall hard, the sound resonating through the gym, and just walks straight to the gym’s huge door, not even sparing a quick glance at Baekhyun who is excusing himself to Sehun and getting up to his feet.

By the time Baekhyun fully turns around, though, Chanyeol is nowhere to be seen.

“I have no clue what is going on between you two,” Yifan is suddenly standing beside the beautiful boy, eyes filled with clear disappointment and disbelieve. He shakes his head. “but whatever game you are playing, I think you have gone too far, Baekhyun.”

And with every step Yifan takes to leave the gym, Baekhyun feels thousand needles prick his heart. Emotions wash over him like a pouring rain and he also feels suffocated, but he is just standing there, frozen.

Yeol, I am sorry.

He realizes he should be the one fixing things between them.

 

ᴥᴥᴥ

 

Baekhyun rubs a hand over his face and wearily sighs. It has been three days and he is yet to talk to Chanyeol properly. They often pass by each other in the hallway, but the taller boy always seems to ignore Baekhyun’s presence. It feels like Chanyeol no longer wants anything to do with the smaller boy, like the latter is some kind of disgusting plague.

Like what they have, or had—maybe, does not exist anymore.

He wants to talk to Chanyeol, to explain things to the smallest details, but from what has been happening he thinks the giant is so fed up already. And this hurts Baekhyun’s heart, oh so very much, because his plan has backfired on him.

A sharp nudge on his ribs snaps him aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter