I Can't Avoid You

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

I was shocked with what he said. I didn't know what to do with him anymore. I felt his hands slipped away from mine, and it felt empty. He looked at the ground while I continued to stare at him. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you. I know it must have been hard for you to live alone without having someone to lean on. Mianhae, Jieun. Excuse me, but I'll be going now." He said and left me.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I tried to avoid Lee sunsaengnim as much as I can. But why am I hurt everytime we avoid each other? A week has passed and it's killing me. When I went for jogging, I took a different route just so I could avoid him. I never thought that missing someone could be more tiring than jogging. When I went to Church, I saw him, sitting very far away from me. I wanted to ignore him, but it hurts to be like this.

 

When we see each other in the hallways, we just bowed at each other as if we're just acquaintances and that what we have is nothing but just a simple teacher-student relationship just like everyone else. Once we've passed each other's paths, I can't help but look back at him, wishing he'd look back. I'd seen him hesitate to look back at me, and it's hurting my heart.

 

When I'd go to the library, I'd leave until the library closes because I'm always waiting for him. I feel so foolish into thinking that he'll come to at least see me. I lost interest in reading books again, and I've never felt more lonely than before he arrived my life.

 

But when English class comes in, it was the most painful time. He'd avoid my eyes and he never calls me. Why is he avoiding me? Was it because I couldn't tell him what I feel? If only I could say anything to him right now, it's that I'm suffering without him. He's so near me, but I can't even get a hold of him.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

When the classes ended, I fixed my things. I was about to talk with Lee sunsaengnim, but Minyoung suddenly grabbed me. "Hey, there's a party at Suzy's house!" She told me. I looked at Lee sunsaengnim, and he seems to be listening. "Really? When? What time? Who's coming?" I asked. "Tonight. It's a Friday anyway. She said gates are open from 6 p.m. Everyone is coming. Since Suzy is such a friendly person, she invited a lot of people. She even invited her friends from other boys schools like JYP, CUBE, YG & SM! I heard Kyuhyun is coming." She teased me. "What about that guy that you like... What's his name again?" I joked. "His name is Jungsu, but he likes to be called Leeteuk." She stuck her tongue out. "Whatever." I said.

 

"So, are you going?" She asked me. I looked at Lee sunsaengnim and saw that he was leaving already. "Sure. I need to try something new." I answered. "Better than to be at the library." She added and pulled me away.

 

When we were passing the hallway, I looked back at Lee sunsaengnim, and for the first time in the week, our eyes met. My heart suddenly beat faster. He was all I can see. He was all my heart could beat for. I was about to smile, but he turned back away from me. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Jieun-ah, you look so beautiful!" She said as she my hair. We were at her house and she told me that she would dress me up. I was wearing a black dress with blue accents that was up to my mid thigh. Black and blue. I chose this colors because I know that these are Lee sunsaengnim's favorite colors. Even at these things, he's the only one I keep thinking.

 

We looked at the clock and saw that it was already 6:30. We did our last minute retouch and left the house immediately. We took a cab and instructed him to go to Suzy's house. Knowing that when a high school party happens, it usually gets crazy. I'm not the type to go into these kinds of parties. This was the first time. But what did trigger me to go here? Because I wanted to forget the pain in my heart that I've kept. 

 

When we arrived, our outfits just fit the event. Some were more revealing, but others have the same less revealing like us. 

 

"Minyoung! Jieun!" We heard Suzy called for us and we waved to her. She went to us and hugged both of us. "I'm glad you came. I never expected you to be here, especially you, Jieun." She said and we both chuckled. "Come, let's get you some drinks." She escorted us and we saw a variety of drinks from water to juice to soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.

 

"Some here are cocktails. You can tell the waiter to not give you alcoholic drinks if you want." She said. "Suzy!" We both heard a male voice and she looked back. "In a minute. Please enjoy yourselves. Soohyun is calling me." She excused herself and left us.

 

We were sitting on our own when two guys came to us. "Annyeong." I saw Minyoung blushed as her crush greeted us. "Annyeong Leeteuk-sshi." The guy named Leeteuk smiled, showing his dimples. "Drop the formalities. Remember my friend, Kyuhyun." He said and he bowed at us. The two sat beside us. Leeteuk beside Minyoung and Kyuhyun beside me.

 

We talked about school, hobbies and about how we all got to know Suzy. After hours of interaction, dancing and drinking, I noticed that Minyoung is already drunk. "Minyoung..." I shook her, but she was just laughing crazily. Leeteuk was trying to shake her too, but she was too red from all the alcohol. I stood up and tried to hold her. "Mianhae, Leeteuk-sshi, Kyuhyun-sshi, but I need to take Minyoung home. Let's see again soon." I told them and we left.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

It was already late in the night and the main road is far from Suzy's house. Minyoung has one of her arms on my neck, and I'm dragging her like this. I was struggling because I also drank a lot, but the effects hasn't gotten in me. 

 

I was feeling kinda dizzy already, and someone spoke. "Hey y, do you want me to help your friend?" He said. I tried to run away, but he held my hair. "Please let us go." I told him. The guy hissed and laughed. "I'm certain you don't have money. And even if you do, I'd rather want something else." He said as he eyed me from head to toe. "Go away!" I pushed him and tried to run away. But my vision was starting to get blurry any second. 

 

I then felt that guy hold my arm again. I dropped Minyoung,  but she was still unconcious. I can smell the foul scent of the alcohol of the man. He held my arm and tried to held my thigh. I punched him, but he still didn't let go of me. He just slapped me and I felt so scared and weak.

 

A sudden rush of memories came in my mind. I clutched my hair and tears were flowing from my face. That certain night came coming back in my mind. I was shaking my head, but nothing was changing. I saw the guy still coming towards me. I can't do anything now. I'm hopeless.

 

Suddenly, a car passed by. I know that car. I know that shiny black car and the owner of the plate number. He went out of the car and punched the guy. The drunkard immediately fell. Just then, he left me to get Minyoung. He opened the back of his car and placed Minyoung inside. He then returned back to me and hugged me immediately. 

 

"I'm so scared. I was so scared, Donghae-sshi." I cried on his chest. I hugged him and I held tightly unto him. "Sshh. I'm here. Remember that I'll be here for you. I'm sorry for avoiding and ignoring you. Now I realize that I can't do that. I always want to be beside you now."

 


 

And this is the start of the two.