You Are The Only Exception

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

His words of assurance made me trust him. I felt so safe and comfortable with him. He took his jacket and he made me wear it. He stood up and held his hand out. I took it and he pulled me up. He helped me walk to his car and he let me sit in the passenger's seat. I wore the seat belt and looked at Minyoung.

 

"We'll take her home. Don't worry. I'm here, remember? I won't let you get hurt again." He held my hand. I tightened the grip and we both smiled at each other. I loosened my grip and let him drive us to Minyoung's house first. 

 

The ride home felt so cold for me. It must have been that cold tonight. I was trying not to shiver. "Are you okay?" Donghae stopped the car and I looked at him. I nodded and he hugged me. I felt so warm that I don't want him to pull away. But sadly, he has to. "Do you feel better?" He asked and I nodded. 

 

His gaze went back at the road while I kept my gaze on him. I used to have a hard time trusting other males, but when Donghae entered my life, trusting him was least of my concerns. I feel like I can tell him anything and I can trust him.

 

"Which one is Minyoung's house?" He asked me. "Huh? Oh, that one." I pointed. He parked the car in front and we both got out of the car. He got Minyoung while I unlocked their house with the spare key she had given me way back. Luckily that her parents went to the province and won't be back in two days. We were able to brought her to her room. I set my bag at her nightstand and left her to get a towel and dipped it in water. I wiped Minyoung's forehead and yawned.

 

"It's already late. Why don't I take you home already?" Donghae asked me and I nodded. We returned back to the car and he drove us to my house. We both stepped out, about to enter my house. But I realized my bag wasn't with me. "Is something wrong?" He asked me. "I left my bag at Minyoung's house. My keys were there." I told him. "We can just go there." He said. "But that's a long way."I told him and I sighed. "Well, do you want to stay at my house?" He asked me. I gulped and looked at him. "Only if it's okay with you." I told him. "Well, I insist. So, let's go to my house now." He held my hand and we jumped in his car once again.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

When we arrived at his house, I was surprised that he owned a flat on his own. "My family lives in Mokpo. I'll take you there one day." I blushed at his words. Lucky that he didn't see my face. He then guided me to sit down on his couch. "Tea?" He asked and I smiled at him. I looked around and it looks new and expensive.

 

He set our tea and sat beside me. "Don't you feel so scared anymore?" He asked me and I shook my head. He smiled and I smiled back at him. All the tension and awkwardness within us between before was gone now. We were back to how we talked to each other. "You know, I really don't easily trust people, especially guys. But I only trust two people in the world besides my mom and aunt, Minyoung... And you." I looked at him and he looked at me too. 

 

"I don't really like talking and being with people from the opposite gender. But what kind of power do you have on me? I was scared and attacked by a drunkard earlier, making me remember my past, but you came and made me all feel better. No one can ever give me that feeling of assurance, comfort and security." I told him, trying not to cry. "I don't know. But I really want to be the one who'll comfort you and keep you safe." He said and hugged me.

 

"Donghae sshi..." I called for his name. "Hm?" He asked me still hugging me. "I'm scared of other guys because my dad beat up my mom. I was so scared of my dad, and to the rest of the male population ever since. I'm scared that I'll end up like my mom, alone and hurt." My hug to him tightened and he held me tighter too. "I won't hurt you. I promised you." He whispered to me.

 

"Donghae sshi..." I called again while he was still holding me. "Are you gonna leave me? What do you feel for me? If I tell you what I feel for you, will you leave me?" I asked him these questions. "I already said, I will never leave you. And I'm really scared to tell you what I feel for you because honestly..." He pulled away from the hug and looked at me in the eyes. I saw him leaning in and I closed my eyes, hoping that he'd do what I expect him to do. 

 

And in a quick second, his lips landed softly met mine. It was soft and sweet. I kissed him back and I don't want this moment to end. When he pulled away, he finished his sentence. "I love you."