Sunday 'Date'

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

I dressed up in my white dress and looked at the mirror as I fix myself. Attending Church was never a problem to me. Now, I feel excited to go. Was it because I know Lee sunsaengnim was there? I wanted to shake that thought off.

 

"Jieun-ah!" I heard Minyoung's voice from outside my house. "Just a minute!" I yelled and went out. I saw Minyoung standing beside my door, wearing her yellow dress. "Let's go before we get late!" I pulled her and we went our way to the Church.

 

When we arrived at the Church, the Mass hasn't started yet. I pulled Minyoung seats near the front, where we always sit. I kept looking for him, but I can't seem to find him. "What are you looking for?" Minyoung tapped my shoulder. "Huh? Ugh, no one. I was just looking if the mass is about to begin."

 

I wanted to give up on looking anyway, so I just focused on what the pastor would say. During the opening, someone took the space beside me. I looked at the person beside me and I was surprised to see him. "Donghae-sshi." I whispered. "Ssh. The mass has begun. Let's just talk later." He whispered back to me. 

 

With him by my side, I can't seem to focus on what the pastor is trying to say. It became even harder for me to concentrate, when we were forced to compress, making me closer to Lee sunsaengnim. I can smell his cologne and I can feel his hand.

 

"Jieun-ah, isn't that Lee sunsaengnim?!" Minyoung nudged me and I nodded. "Oh, Lee sunsaengnim!" Minyoung waved. "Oh, hi there Minyoung, Jieun." He nodded at us and we nodded back. I was disturbed by the fact that Minyoung said hi to him. She's my best friend, why would I feel insecure?

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Yah! Jieun-ah, it's Sunday and I'm bored. I want to go somewhere!" Minyoung complained. I couldn't say no to her even I really wanted to say no. I saw Lee sunsaengnim leaning on the tree outside of the Church. 

 

"Well..." I was about to answer her when her phone rang. "Hold on a sec," she placed her hand on my face. "Ne. Ne. Omma! But.. Aish!" She hung up on her phone and frowned. "Omma called. She told me to come home immediately to do some house chores and homework because we have some relatives going to our house today. This ! I really want to go malling with you, but I can't." MInyoung held my hands as she tells me her frustrations. "I guess you will enjoy your Sunday without me. Anyway, I have to go now. Bye Jieun." She said and went away.

 

I watched her until her figure disappears before I walk towards where Lee sunsaengnim is. "Minyoung had to go." I told him wih my head looking at the ground. "Do you want to go somewhere?" He asked me. "Sure. Anywhere would be nice."

 

He drove us to a nearby mall. I took my hat and sunglasses with me. "You came prepared." He teased me. "Well, I don't want others to see us together." I looked through his eyes. "I understand what you mean. I just didn't think about that." He said. "It's okay Donghae-sshi." I said and stepped out of the car. 

 

"So, what do you want? Do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked him and he laughed at me. "Let's go." He said and pulled my hand with him. "What do you want?" He asked me. "Romantic Comedy?" I asked and he agreed. He agreed on watching a chick flick? This type of guy exists?

 

"What are you looking at? Is there something on my face?" He asked me as he tries to wipe his face. We were alraedy sitting inside the movie house and we were just waiting for the movie to begin. I laughed at him and shook my head. "You look so beautiful when you laugh." He said and faced the movie screen. I stopped laughing and I looked at him. The lights inside the movie house was gone, but I was still looking at him. 

 

He was the first person to tell me I was impressive. He was the first person to tell me I look cute. He was the first person to tell me I'm beautiful. My mom never told me that. She was always busy. I shook my head and focused on the screen instead.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

When the movie finished, we walked out and were thinking of restaurants where we would eat. "Here, they serve wonderful food!" He held my hand. For some reason, I intertwined our fingers. He didn't seem to mind and asked the waiter a table for two.

 

"Here you are, sir, ma'am, a table for two. Enjoy your meal." The waiter said. We were seated far from the door and window. We were also surrounded by plants, especially my side, so that when someone who knows us enter, they won't recognize me.

 

I took of my hat and sunglasses and looked at him. "I'm glad you removed it. You removed it when we enter the movie house, but I only saw your face for a short time." He said. I saw that he was about to hold my hand, but the waiter came, asking for our orders.

 

"Steak for me." Donghae said. "Same. Please add some red wine too." I answered and when I looked at him, he was wearing that amused smile again. "What now?" I asked him playfully. "Wine? Are you legal enough to drink?" He teased. "First of all, I am of legal age, which is 18 in Western age and 19 in our country. Second, I'm only a social drinker. And lastly, I'm with an adult supervision." I backfired. "You never fail to amuse me, Jieun. I really had a good time with you." He told me. I smiled and looked away, trying to hide my blush.

 


 

Sorry for updating slowly. I can only update from Fridays-Mondays. Besides this story, I also have my other story, Love Has No Limits.