Rumors

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

The following day, students were all grouped up with their friends. It seems like a rumor is spreading. 

 

"I wanna cry!"

"This is heart breaking!"

"This must be a lie!"

"I can't believe this!"

 

Students were mumbling these. Some were crying and some were spcaed out.

 

"This is unacceptable! How can he get a girlfriend that is not me!" Jiyeon ruined her hair. "Jiyeon, your hair!" Seungyeon and Minji catered to her.

 

Girlfriend? "Jieun-ah!" I saw Minyoung walking towards me with a frown. "Why is everyone like this?" I asked her. "L-lee suns-saengnim..." She sniffed. "Minyoung, what's with Lee sunsaengnim?" I held her arms. "He has a girlfriend already!" She frowned. "What?!" I asked. I was a bit perplexed at her statement. He has a girlfriend?

 

My heart crushed at her statement. He's just like any other man. He just plays with other girls. Then again, I can't say he played with me because we weren't anything more than just a student and teacher. Why do I even think of these things?!

 

"I can't explain it to you, so I'll just show you." Minyoung said and pulled me towards our freedom wall. It was where anyone can put up anything, as long as it's not vulgar, on the wall. Students were all huddled up. I tried my best to see the picture, and when we did, it surprised me.

 

The picture was when I and Lee sunsaengnim were at the mall. I don't know if I should feel happy that she doesn't have a girlfriend, or scared because that girl was me. "The girl looks younger than him." Someone pointed out. "It might just be his younger sister." I said and walked away. 

 

"You're just walking away like you have no interest at him." I heard Jiyeon say. I stopped and face her. "He's just a teacher to me. Why would I be interested in him?" I answered her. "Because he's gorgeous! Then again, why would he be interested in you? I think if he had a list of student's he'd date, I'd say your the last on his list." She snickered. I was about to charge her but Minyoung stopped me. "She's not worth it." She whispered to me. "I know." I said and blew my bangs off. I turned around when I heard Jiyeon's gasp, "Lee sunsaengnim."

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I was spacing out again, thinking about what Jiyeon had told me. 'Then again, why would he be interested in you? I think if he had a list of student's he'd date, I'd say your the last on his list.'

 

"Ms. Park!" I looked up to see Kim sunsaengnim, my Math teacher, with angry eyes. "Answer the problem on the board." She said. "This is what you get for not listening to me." She added and the other students laughed at me. 

 

"This problem needs critical analization. I know that most of you, or I'll be honest, all of you won't understand this." She told everyone. "I'm done." I said and placed the chalk down. "Well, let's see about that." Kim sunsaegnim said. She looked at my problem and smiled. "What do you know, she got it right." She smiled. My classmates were surprised, but I wasn't. The problem wasn't too hard. It was a little challenging, but still solvable if you're just patient.

 

"Try to be like Ms. Park here. She doesn't listen, but she still excels in the class." I just looked away, while some students still look at me. I don't want to think about anything anymore.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I slump my head on the table again, sighing off my worries. "Hey, what's with the face?" The voice that I don't want to hear, yet still melts my heart, spoke. I stood up without a word and grabbed my bag. I was about to leave, when he held my arm. "I know we need to talk. Please. Let's talk outside." He said. I couldn't say no, so I agreed.

 

We were at the park near our homes. No one knew where I live, except for Minyoung, but she rarely comes to my house without permission. We sat at the bench, and the atmosphere was awkward.

 

"I saw the picture." He said. "Apparently, I didn't hid well." I tried to joke. "Were you affected when they said I had a girlfriend?" He asked. I just looked down. I don't want to answer his question. What will he think of me when I answer?

 

"Are you really not interested in me?" He confidently asked. "Aren't you full of yourself?" I joked. "I'm not joking. I'm serious." He seriously said and looked at me. "I can't answer that." I told him. "I'm sorry Lee sunsaengnim, I mean Donghae sshi. I gotta go now." I said and took my bag with me.

 

I can't answer his questions. I'm not ready. What if I was just assuming his feelings? That would just hurt me. I don't want to risk it. But if someone else would ask me, what I feel for him isn't a joke.