When I Said You're Mine, You're Mine

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

The following day was never better. I woke up with my eyes swollen from crying, and my eyebags made it even worst. I looked at the mirror and slapped my face. How could I look this bad?! Oh yeah, Donghae. I hissed and just took a piece of bread as I walk my way to school. I don't even want to go to school. It would only make me see the person I loathed, and at the same time, loved more. Love was even heavier than the hate I feel for him. Honestly, I just need him back by my side. I don't want anyone else, but him.

 

I was already in front of my locker when I next check. My feet dragged me here, but my mind was somewhere else, or on someone else to be more appropriate. I saw him pass by, and I didn't look at him. But it would be a total lie when I'd say I wasn't bothered by that. I just sighed and opened my locker.

 

To my surprise, there was a letter. I took the it and read it. 'Please go to the library. I miss you. Saranghaeyo~ ^^' I rolled my eyes and knew who this came from. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

It was lunch time when I arrived there. I looked around and he wasn't even there. I was annoyed when I saw that he wasn't even around. What a waste of time. I just sat down and pouted. I thought he wanted to reconcile with me, but where is he?!

 

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered my eyes. I know by my heart whose soft and smooth hands those belong to. "I know you'd come." His words pierced through my heart, making me realize how I miss him. "What do you want?" I asked with a hint of hate. "You. Follow me." He removed his hands and offered his hand. I didn't took it, and just passed by him. Instead of frowning, he just followed me like a little child.

 

He lead me towards the book shelf, and pretended to read some books. I know something was up, so I eyed him suspiciously. While walking, something caught my eye. There was a small, cute, white teddy bear in the shelf, holding the sign 'I love you'. 

 

I held it and the bear. It was soft and cute, just like Donghae. "Do you like it?" He asked and I nodded. "I just want to say sorry. I know what I did was wrong, and I was hoping you'd forgive me. You know that I just couldn't leave you. I couldn't stand being away from you. It killed me during those hours that I know we weren't together. Please, forgive me." He said and closed his eyes.

 

The corner of my lips curved and I instantly jumped unto him. I encircled my arms on his neck and he wrapped his arms on my waist. "Saranghaeyo, Donghae oppa." I whispered and gave him a sweet kiss.

 

I just couldn't live another day without you. You were stupid enough to do this to me, but you ask for forgiveness. Others may call me a fool for coming back to you, but I just love you so much and I know you love me too that we can't be apart. I love you, Donghae.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I straightened my skirt as I got my bag. I looked at Donghae whose hair was messy and eyeglasses was out of place. I went to him and fixed his hair as he cleans his eyeglasses and correctly positioning them. 

 

"Lunch time is over." He pouted. "But there's still class after this," I reminded him and he smiled. "Anyway, I'll get going now. I don't want Ms. Kwon to get angry at me." I said and waved good bye to him.

 

I went to my class, and luckily, I arrived just in time. I placed my bag on the floor and began listening to the lesson.

 

When English class came, I was wearing a big smile on my face. "Someone's happy." Minyoung said. "Can't I be happy?" I answered. "Earlier, you look like the world was about to end. Now you're smiling like there's no tomorrow." Minyoung teased. Well, it's English time, which means, I get to see Donghae.

 

"Hey, I noticed that every time it's English class, you're always smiling." Minyoung said. I felt nervous, and I was sure that my cheeks were burning. "You're blushing~!" she pointed. I pushed her finger away and rubbed my cheeks. "It's nothing." I answered as we took our seat. My bag accidentally fell and the teddy bear Donghae gave me fell out.

 

"Oh look, what a cutie~" Jiyeon picked up the teddy bear. "Give it to me back!" I stood up and tried to get it away from her. "Seungyeon, catch!" She threw the bear to Seungyeon, and I had to run back and forth from her, to Jiyeon and to Minji. "I love you? Why do you have this?" Jiyeon snickered. "Look, why do you care so much who gave me that bear!?" I yelled. "Oh my God. This was given to you by someone?! You have a boyfriend?!" Her voice echoed across the room, and everyone's attention shifted to me.

 

And just like a lifesaver, Donghae entered. "What's with the noise?" He asked the class. "Lee sunsaengnim! Jieun's lying, and is telling us she has a boyfriend!" Jiyeon yelled. I saw the fear in Donghae's eyes. "YAH! I never said those words!" I yelled at her. "Really? Then who gave you this bear?!" She snickered again. "Enough." Donghae stopped us.

 

"Give me the bear, then the two of you, sit down. And Jieun, I need to talk with you after class." He said as he rummages something in his papers. The whole class went 'ooh~ She's in trouble'. I rolled my eyes and slump my head down the table.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

After class, I stayed behind. Am I really gonna be punished by my own boyfriend now? I looked at him and he wore a disappointed look. When the last student left, he spoke up.

 

"Why does she have that bear? You should know that I'm doing my best to hide about us." He said. "But I also am. Jiyeon was sneaky enough to get the bear." I pouted. "Hey, stop pouting. Here, teddy bear will cheer you up.” He got the teddy bear and gave it to me. He pulled my chair, and made me faced the window. He made sure that both doors were locked before taking the seat next to me and making me lean on his shoulder.

 

We were having a peaceful time when my phone rang. I saw the caller ID read, Minyoung. I was hesitant to answer, but Donghae took it so that it would be sure she’ll never bother us again after.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” He said. “Who’s this?” I could hear Minyoung’s voice. “This is Lee sunsaengnim speaking. Do you need anything to say to Jieun?” He said as I playfully hit him. “Oh, how long will she be staying there?” She asked. “For about an hour.” He answered and I ruffled his hair. “Could you please tell her that Kyuhyun is waiting and he said that he will wait for her until she comes out.” Minyoung hung up. I looked at Donghae who was just staring at my phone. “Oppa, you do know that I’ll be with you even after the promised one hour.” I assured him. “Yeah, but others will find it suspicious if you stay here any longer.” He said and I understand what he wants to say.

 

We just sat there, holding unto each other. No words, just loving stares, simple kisses and sweet hugs. After the said hour, we stood up and fixed the chair. He fixed each other and pretended as if we worked on the essay. “Remember, it’s due next week.” He said as he opened the door and I waved my hand goodbye.

 

I went to the gate, and to my surprise, Kyuhyun was still there. He was leaning on the wall with a bouquet of roses in his hand. “Kyuhyun…” I whispered. He pushed himself of the wall and walked towards me. “I thought you’ll come out a little later.” He said and rubbed the back of his neck. “Here are some roses.” He gave to me. “Oh.” I said. “Don’t you like it?! Oh wait, of course you don’t. These aren’t your favorite flowers. You like carnations, right? Why did I forget what Minyoung told me!?” He said to himself. “And what did she say?” I asked. “She told me you think red roses are overrated, so you prefer white, and that your favorite flowers are carnations.” He explained. “It’s okay, really.” I told him and he looked at me. “Jieun, I—“

 

“Oh, Jieun!” I looked behind Kyuhyun and saw her. “Oh, Yoona sshi.” I greeted her. “Drop the formalities. Call me unni.” She smiled.

 

“Okay, so what brings you here?” I asked. “I just wanted to see if Donghae’s here.” She said as she looks to see if Donghae’s coming out any moment. “Why do you need him?” I asked again. “I just wanted to ask him for dinner.” She said without looking at us.

 

“Donghae!” She finally saw him and his face frowned. I don’t know if it was because Yoona was here, or was it the fact that Kyuhyun is here and I am holding a bouquet of flowers. “Yoona, what brings you here?” He asked the beautiful girl. “I was just here to ask you if you’re free.” She flashed her beautiful smile.

 

“So, Kyuhyun, were you trying to say something earlier?” I tried diverting my attention to Kyuhyun. “Oh right. Do you want to eat dinner with me and walk around the park?” He smiled. “I’m sorry, but school works are all piled up. You do understand that, right? The SATS are near, and I know you know how much education means to me, right?” I explained to him and he nodded, with a smile? “This is one of the reasons why I like you, Jieun. You know how to prioritize. You put studies first, unlike others who’d want me to date them.” He explained and smirked. “Anyway, this doesn’t mean I’ll stop to try to get your heart. I know it doesn’t belong to someone else anyway.” He said to me with eyes filled with hope. If only he knows that my heart is already occupied by the man that is with us. “Is it okay if I take you home?” He asked, but I shook my head. “I’d rather go home on my own. Please understand.” I said and he nodded in approval.

 

“Wow, Jieun. I never knew girls like you still exist.” Yoona commented. I don’t know if that was a compliment or insult, but I’m going with my second guess, since it has a hint of sarcasm with it. “What do you mean?” I raised my eyebrow at her. “Well, usually girls, nowadays, would prefer to date guys than study at home.” She said. “I never thought some old-fashioned girls exist. I thought they are now extinct.” She said, still wearing that big fake smile. “Well, girls like me still do exist. Now if you don’t mind, I’ll be leaving now to study, something you probably didn’t do well back then.” I whispered the last part and left.

 

“Jieun—“ “Oh, Donghae, he’s just your student. Why do you even care for her? Let’s just go get dinner.” I heard Yoona say. “I’m sorry, but I have to go.” I heard Donghae say. I hid in a corner and saw him run past me. I know it would be safe if he doesn’t see me. He will just hug or kiss me when he sees me, and I don’t want others to see that.

 

When he was gone, I went home on my own. When I reached home, I saw his black car parked a block away from my house. I immediately ran to my house and saw him standing in front of my door. “Donghae oppa…” I whispered. Slowly, he turned to me, ran to me and hugged me. “Oppa,” I was surprised with his actions, but I just hugged him back. “I’m sorry for Yoona’s words. You know that I only love you,” he said and caressed my cheek. “I know. When I said you’re mine, you’re mine. And I know that.” I teased. “Yes. I’m only yours, and you’re only mine. No sharing.” He chuckled.

 


 

As promised, I updated, and they're back together! Now that they're back, I hope you like the next chapters that will surely bring them home, especially Hae. ^^ Just guess if you want. :>