Donghae's Birthday

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

It was the birthday of the most important man in my life, Donghae. I’ve prepared everything I want for his birthday since last week. I bought him a gift that I hope he’ll use too. I also prepared his favorite food at our usual restaurant. Of course, I kept everything as a surprise.

 

When I arrived at school, almost all the girls were holding a gift. “Uhm, excuse me, but what’s with the line?” I asked one of my classmates. “It’s Lee sunsaengnim’s birthday! We are lining up to give him his gifts!” She squealed. I nodded at her, but deep inside, I wanted to laugh. I know that I’ll still give him the best present ever. I hope he likes it too.

 

“Jieun!” I saw Minyoung ran towards me with a gift on her hand. “Don’t tell me you’re gonna give Lee sunsaengnim a gift too?” I asked her and she nodded. I rolled my eyes and left her in the line.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

With today’s event, some students have no class. I stayed at the library as always. Most of everyone went home or at the mall. I was waiting for Donghae. It was already lunch time, and I want to give him the gift I’ve slaved for.

 

I sat at our usual table and held the gift with my hands.  After ten minutes, he still hasn’t arrived. I grabbed a book and read it. I was so immense in reading that when I finished reading it, lunch time already ended. I checked my phone and saw that he sent me a message.

 

‘Sorry that oppa couldn’t come at the library. There are many students, and meetings came in the way. You know that I really want to be with you. Let’s just see each other later. Saranghae~’

 

I smiled knowing that he didn’t forget that we’re supposed to meet. I placed the gift back in my bag and took my earphones. I played music and fell asleep.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

“Jieun!” I was awakened by Minyoung’s shaking. “What?” I asked her. “The event’s over. We have a last class.” She said. Lucky for us, it’s English.

 

We went to the classroom, just to arrive when they were singing Happy Birthday to Donghae. While I was walking towards my seat, our eyes met, and I smiled at him. My heart never gets tired of him. I just want to run to him to just kiss and hug him.

 

“Okay class, thank you for all your greetings and presents.” He said. “Lee sunsaengnim, are you gonna have a date with your girlfriend?” One of my classmates asked. He just shrugged playfully. I just want to tell them that yes, his girlfriend had prepared something special for his special day.

 

“Lee sunsaengnim, maybe Yoona unni has a surprise for you!” One of my classmates had to ruin the mood. I hung my head low and looked outside. They’re bringing up that topic again. “I don’t know. Yoona and I are just acquaintances. We aren’t dating. And if I am dating someone, I’d protect that person with all my heart. Sadly, that’s not Yoona.” He said. I slowly turned my head towards him and saw him smiling towards me. I just smiled back and he began the lessons.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

When the lessons were over, I waited for them to leave, so that I could finally have alone time with the birthday boy. As soon as the last student left and closed the door. I giggled at Donghae. “Should I sing Happy Birthday to you then?” I and stood up. I went to him and hugged him tightly. “Happy birthday, Donghae oppa!” I said and gave him a quick peck.

 

“I wanna have dinner with you. You are free, right?” And he nodded. “Well then, meet me at our usual restaurant.”  I was about to lean again to give him a kiss when someone knocked on the door. Donghae sighed and opened the door. “Lee sunsaengnim…” A student said.  “What do you need Sunyoung?” He asked nicely. “Someone’s looking for you.”

 

Before he could say anything, the big-eyed girl came in. “Oh, Donghae! I finally saw you!” She said. “Oh, Yoona!” He was surprised too. She was smiling, but it slowly faded away when she saw me. “Oh, Jieun, you’re here.” She said somewhat sarcastically. “I am his student. Anyway, I’ll be going now.” I said and left.

 

I went home and got ready with my hair and makeup. I wore a short length dress and heels. My makeup was lighter than usual, and wore my favorite sunglasses and hat. I know it would be weird walking in sunglasses during the night, but I feel like a celebrity even when I'm not. 

 

I looked at the clock and sent Donghae a message. 'Oppa, go to our favorite restaurant at 7:30 p.m. It's my treat. ^^' I looked at the clock and saw that it's almost 7. Gotta start walking now.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Annyeong haseyo." I bowed. "Annyeong haseyo. Do you have any reservations?" The waitress said. "Yes. Table for two for Park Jieun." I answered and the waitress lead me to a table far from others. I looked at my watch and it may seem that I was so excited because there was still 10 minutes before the agreed time. I waited for him until he arrived. I looked at my watch when it was already 7:30.  Maybe he got into a traffic. I just sat down and waited for him.

 

And waited....

 

And waited...

 

And waited...

 

Until the restaurant closed.

 

"I'm sorry if your date didn't come." The waitress comforted me. I wiped my tears away and stood up to leave. "Poor lady. She dressed up so well and her boyfriend stood her up." One waitress said. "But isn't she and her boyfriend regular customers her?" Another waitress spoke.

 

I went out of the restaurant and walked towards home. Suddenly, I saw Donghae's black car pass by. What surprised and hurt me the most was the fact that Yoona was there. They were smiling and laughing together.

 

I sent him lots of messages, and called him many times. I worked hard for his gift and reserved at our usual restaurant. And what did he do, just ignore me. 

 


 

I updated today beacuse of two things. Something good, Kim Hyunjoong is in the Philippines!!! I saw him and I was mesmerized by that gorgeous human. He's my first bias in the whole Kpop, because of Boys Over Flowers! I even cut one of my classes just to see him! ^^

 

On a heavier note, for all who doesn't know, I'm a petal, a fan of Heechul. He's the one I claim my husband. I guess it's no secret that he has decided to enlist to the army. It's something I actually cried for. It's still a sensitive topic for me that can bring me to tears anyway. I'll support him, still. But there' sno guarantee I can still be as happy before. He's the reason of my smiles and energy. My main reason who I am, Kim Heechul.