Rain

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

I looked out the window to see it was already raining. Can this day get any worse? It's been days since I last talked to Lee sunsaengnim. I always tried not to have eye contact with him during his classes, and I haven't been into the library lately. I really miss it. 

 

"Good Morning class." He smiled at everyone, with his eyes lastly fixated on me. I tried to look away immediately. "Good morning Lee sunsaengnim." We all greeted. "You may now take your seats." He said and began to write on the board. "It's already been a week since I gave you the report. I'm going to check your books whether I'm gonna approve your choice or not." He said as he continues to write on the board. 

 

When he called my name, I felt nervous. I walked towards the teacher's table with my book. He just smiled at me and I was able to look at him in the eye. "I know you will do good in this. I expect something from you." I nodded. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 
"Okay, the bell has rung. You can now leave the room." Lee sunsaengnim said.
 
 

"Uhmm. Lee sunsaengnim..." I saw Jiyeon play with the end of hair, her technique when she tries to get the attention of the guy she has interest with. "Yes, Jiyeon?" He smiled, so typical of him.

 

"I'm having a hard time with my English report. Can you please help me?" I saw her trying to the top of her blouse and she sat on the teacher's table. The others didn't mind it, but I was bothered by it. My eyes grew larger because I was shocked at her movements. I looked away, wishing he wouldn't see my reactions. Lee sunsaengnim closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm sorry Jiyeon, but I'm busy this afternoon. I can schedule you some other time, but I don't know when can I be available." I looked at him while he explained to Jiyeon. He opened his eyes, and our eyes met again. Somehow, my heart felt lighter when he rejected Jiyeon.

 

In frustration, she jumped out and pushed me away. "Move. I'm passing this way." I almost fell, but lucky for me, I was able to hold of the chair behind me. Lee sunsaengnim jumped in to save me, but he was already too late. "Are you okay?" He just asked instead. "Ne. Excuse me, I'll be leaving now." I said in an instant. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I went to the library again. "Hey..." Minyoung greeted me as she took the seat in front of me. "It's raining again. Do you want me to wait for you?" She asked. I'm thankful to have her as my best friend. She was always there at my side even if I don't ask her. "I can handle myself for today. Would you want to hang out with me?" I smiled at her. "In here? I'd rather go home." We both chuckled. "Anyway, I'll be going now. Bye Jieun~" She waved and I said my goodbye to her.

 

Once she left, I shifted my eyes at the window pane. I watch as the drops of rain slowly fall on the glass. "Thinking something deep?" The voice that gives my heart a rapid beat spoke. I turned to him and bowed. "Lee sunsaengnim, what are you doing here?" I asked. "This is the library. I want to do some paper work here." He smiled and took the seat in front of me.

 

I watch him as he does his papers. I guess he might have felt me looking at him because he looked at me. "I know our situation is awkward, but we're still in school. I'm still called Lee sunsaengnim, and you're still Jieun, my student." He smiled and reached for my hand. I smiled and let his hand hold mine.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"It's raining. Can you really go home?" He asked me. I stood frozen and looked outside. I lowered my head and shook it. "If you don't mind, I'll drive you home." Lee sunsaengnim insisted. I was hesitant, but the next thing I knew, I was inside his car, waiting for him to ignite the engine.

 

When we got to the main road, it was a traffic. The rain was falling hard and an accident occured earlier. I guess I'm going to be with Lee sunsaengnim a little longer. I sighed and looked outside.

 

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked him without looking at him. "I just want to be nice to you. It may be hard to believe, but please don't get angry at me. I don't like it when someone hates me, especially if that someone means something to me." I looked at him who was already looking at me. His eyes were trying to tell me something. I don't want to assume his feelings because I don't want to hurt myself. I looked at the window again.

 

"I always hated the rain." I blurted, not caring if he would listen to me or not. I suddenly had the urge to confide in him. "A lot of bad memories happened to me during the rain. It was raining the first and last time my parents fought. That night, my dad left. A week later, it was also raining, and we were given the news that my dad died in an accident. I was an only child. My mom had to leave me to my aunt's house. It was also raining that night I came there. My life was good there, but I had to enter this school because it was the only school my mom could afford without having me to work. My aunt was young at that time and she had married. She left me her place and I've lived there alone for 3 years already."

 

I didn't notice that tears were already falling from my face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry." I don't know why I had just opened to him, my teacher. I looked and saw that he was offering me his handkerchief. "Crying isn't bad. Some times we just have to let our emotions out once in a while. It's bad if we bottle up the negative feelings." He said. I didn't move. I just continued staring at him. He sighed and he wiped my tears away.

 

I closed my eyes and let him do it. When I opened my eyes, he was smiling at me. "The world is better if you smile." He said. For the first time, I genuinely smiled when someone told me too. All I need was his smile to make me feel better. I forget the pain and hatred I had earlier. Why do you always have this effect on me?

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

After more than an hour, we arrived at my house. "This is my house." It was small, but just enough for me and my mom. It's just one room, where the kitchen is beside the entrance, and if you take a few steps, it's already my bed. I have a television, but I rarely use it. There was only door, which is already the bathroom.  "Do you want to have dinner? You're probably hungry Lee sunsaengnim." I asked. "Donghae-sshi, remember? And yes, I am hungry." 

 

"I'm sorry if it's small." I said. "It's cozy. I can live with it." Lee sunsaengnim, or Donghae said. "Please sit on my bed while you wait. You can watch television if you want." I said as I opened my mini refrigerator. I took out some leftover Kimchi stew and reheated it. I also cooked some rice, which didn't take long.

 

"Donghae-sshi, dinner is serve." I called. He turned off the television and took a bowl of rice. "I'm sorry I don't have a table. I always eat on the floor or on the bed. I also don't have visitors, well except for Minyoung." I said. "Was she the girl from earlier in the library?" He asked and I nodded.

 

 

"Donghae sshi, can I ask you why did you become a teacher?" I asked as I swallowed my food. "Weren't you listening during my introduction?" He chuckled. "I did. I'm just curious. Why become a teacher? Why teach English and why teach at our school?" I threw him questions, unafraid if he's intimidated or not.

 

"You never fail to amuse me, Jieun." I finished my water in my glass in one gulp. Hearing me call my name gives me sensation. "I will answer your questions. First, teaching wasn't my childhood dream. It was either to play soccer or become a singer. But I had this chance to be a teacher for a day, and I loved it. I also chose English because it's a fun subject. It doesn't have much dates like history or numbers like Math and Science. Lastly, I went to your school because it was one of the schools that can accept me. I was accepted into different ones. But I saw that your school was better than the others. If you think your school is bad, I have seen worse." He told me with funny expressions, making me laugh.

 

When we were finished eating, he helped me clean the dishes, and it felt really good having someone with me for dinner. I checked outside the window and the rain had died down. "The rain is gone." He said. I turned my head to see him inches away from me. "Yeah. I'll walk you to your car now." 

 

He took his jacket and I walked him back to his car. "Thank you for tonight Donghae sshi." I bowed at him. "Thank you for the yummy dinner, Jieun. Remember to only call me that outside of school." He smiled. "Ne, Lee sunsaengnim." I stuck my tongue out. He chuckled and entered his car. I watch him as his car disappear and went inside my house.

 

My heart is beating fast again. He gave me a reason to smile on a rainy day.

 

 


 

Sorry if updating takes long. Please don't expect for me to update during Tuesdays-Thursdays. Fridays, a little bit, but on Saturdays-Mondays, expect for me to update. 

 

Anyway, Happy Birthday to the best leader out there, Park Jungsu, aka, Leeteuk! :D Saengil chukha hamnida Leeteuk oppa! ^^

 

 

      

cool & cute...

 

hotter than a real female...

 

what a tease...

 

maknae wannabe...

 

really knows how to kill ELFs...

 

^^I really love this gif.^^

*sorry for the thoughts. :p*