The People Of Donghae's Life

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

While cleaning the dishes, there was a fast knock on the door. "He's here." Donghwa said and went to open the door. "HYUNG!" A guy yelled and entered the house. "Hyung, you got a maid?" He said and I turned to see the face of the guy who called me maid. "Did you call me a maid?" I looked at him, but he was looking somewhere else. "Who called you a maid, baby?" Donghae suddenly came out. "DONGHAE!!!" The guy who just entered ran to my boyfriend with a big smile showing his gums, and hugged him. "HYUKKIE!!" Donghae hugged him. I just shrugged and went back to cleaning. 

 

"I miss you so much, Hae!" This 'Hyukkie' guy, who also looks like a monkey, and Donghae were still hugging each other. "I miss my Hyukkie too!" Donghae answered. I felt like I really was the maid since my boyfriend reunited with his 'lover'. "Hey, Donghae, you're ignoring our maid." Donghwa teased and I just rolled my eyes. "Maid?" Donghae raised his eyebrow at his hyung and pointed to me. "We don't have a maid." Donghae shook his head and Hyukkie asked who I was. 

 

"This is Jieun." He said and hugged my waist from behind. "Oppa, don't. I'm cleaning the dishes here." I pouted. "Why are you even doing the dishes?! You shouldn't be the one who's doing this. Hyung, do this!" Donghae said and removed my gloves. He pulled me to monkey guy. "Hyukkie, this is Jieun. Jieun, this is Lee Hyukjae, or Hyukkie as I call him, my best friend since forever!" Donghae said. "Annyeong haseyo. I'm sorry for mistaking you as the maid. I know that you're too beautiful to just be a maid. I'm Lee Hyukjae. People call me Eunhyuk, but this family calls me Hyukkie." He smiled with his gums sticking out and stretched his hand. I took it and shook hands with him. "It's okay. I also thought you look lilke a monkey. And I like the way you smile." I said which made him smile even bigger. "I told you there are some people who like your smile." Donghae cheered his best friend up. 

 

"Lunch time! Take your seats, children!" Omma called and we all take our seats. I sat between Donghae and Donghwa. "Taste the best food world besides your cooking!" Donghae said and fed me with his omma's beef stew. "It's yummy!" I said and smiled at him and his mom. "Eat well." She said and I thanked her.

 

"So, Jieun, what do you do for a living?" His omma asked me. I was still chewing my food, and Donghae answered. "She's still studying." He answered. "Oh, what a smart girl you are. Your parents must be proud." Donghae's omma must have thought that I'm taking up graduate studies. "So, how did you two meet?" Monkey guy asked me. I looked at Donghae and he held my hand. "I want to clear a lot of things. Jieun is still studying. And she's my student." Eunhyuk's jaw dropped and Donghwa choked. I closed my eyes, waiting for his mother to throw a fit. Silence has surrounded us for the past minute. I opened my eyes and I looked at his mom. "Omma, I know that this is immoral, but please understand that I love her and I know that she loves me so much. I can't be with anyone else." He said and I looked at him. "I love him too. I need your approval because I respect you so much. Please hear us out. I know that our relationship is forbidden. But please understand how hard it is for us to live everyday, hiding ourselves from the crowd." I added. Eunhyuk's and Donghwa's eyes keep shifting from us to their omma. "Please, omma, we love each other. We aren't doing anything bad. We--"

 

"I understand." His omma stated. "You what?" Donghae and I were both confused. "You love each other. It doesn't matter if you're her teacher, and you're his student. You love each other, right?" And we both nodded. "Then that's all I need. Besides, I can already see Jieun as my daughter-in-law." She said, making the two of us blush.

 

While eating, the three of them would tell me cute, funny and embarrassing stories of Donghae. "He used to ring doorbells of neighbors until he was caught." Eunhyuk told. "Just one!" Donghae butted in. They cotinued telling me a lot of things about Donghae, and he would try to stop them, but they would ignore my fishy.

 

After eating, we began to clean up the plates. "Oh, Jieun, don't do it. Hyung will do it." Donghae said and gave his hyung the plates. "Yes. Donghwa will do the dishes. You, Donghae and Hyukkie go have fun around Mokpo." Their mother said and pushed us out of the house. "Wait here. I'll just changed clothes. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said and kissed my forehead before going back to the house.

 

"Donghae loves you very much." Monkey, I mean, Eunhyuk, suddenly said. "I've met all of Donghae's girlfriend. I know why his mother loves you so much. He added and looked at me. "The girls he had brought for us to meet were ill-mannered. They all have no goals in life and they just wanted Donghae because they want to sleep with him." I widened my eyes at his last statement. "But don't worry. Donghae's still a , as far as I know. We promised each other we'd give up our ity to the 'one', which is in his case, you." He said and I blushed. “I’m still studying. I have a few more years before I can get married. And how are you sure that it’s us who’s gonna end up?” I playfully asked him. “Well, you want to end up with him, right? Because I can tell Donghae’s very happy with you. I’ve never seen him this happy ever since his dad passed away.” Silence filled us again. “When Uncle Lee passed away, Donghae became a rebel. He brought home girls that showed no respect. He lost everything.” Eunhyuk began telling Donghae’s story. “He only stood up again when he was accepted at a good university. From then on, he changed. He was serious at his studies, but this time, he wouldn’t interact with any girls. He was distant. That’s why I was surprised when he told me he had a girlfriend. I thought he was joking, but he isn’t. Thank you, Jieun.” He smiled. “For what?” I asked. “For bringing back Donghae’s smile.”

 

“I’m back!” Donghae ran towards us. "Ready?" Eunhyuk asked and we nodded.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Annyeong, Mrs. Jung!" Donghae and Eunhyuk bowed at the old lady with a dog. "Oh, Donghae! I miss you! I always see this monkey boy, and I'm getting tired of seeing him. I miss seeing your handsome face!" The old lady said and pinched his cheeks. "Mrs. Jung, if I go, will you miss me?" Eunhyuk did aegyo. "No." She bluntly said, earning laughs from us. "Oh, who's this beautiful girl?" She asked as she turned to look at me. "I'm Park Jieun." I answered. "She's my girlfriend." Donghae said and interlaced his fingers with mine. "Such a pretty girl. Invite me to your wedding, okay?" She said and slowly walked away. "But we're too young to get married!" Donghae yelled and the old lady just giggled away.

 

"Err... Sorry for Mrs. Jung. She is, well, old." Donghae smiled. "It's okay. I understand." I answered as we began walking. "I don't get why she said she won't miss me. We all know who's the most wanted bachelor in Mokpo." Eunhyuk proudly said.

 

"Hello, ladies!" Eunhyuk waved to some girls, only to be ignored. "I'm single and available, unlike someone here. And yet no girl has taken interest in me." Eunhyuk sighed and we just laughed. "Don't worry. Some girl will someday love your gummy smile, right?" I said and he just smiled, showing his gums again. "Anyway, I have to go. I promise Junsu we'll play soccer. Later!" Eunhyuk waved goodbye, and only the two of us were left.

 

"Oh, I want you to meet someone." He said and pulled my arm. We walked to this small preschool. Little children were everywhere, and they were so cute. "Look, what a handsome oppa!" The little girls squeal. "Wow! Such a beautiful noona! Noona! Noona!" Boys began to chase me. I bent down to their level and smiled at them. "Noona is so beautiful. I want to be noona's hero, like superman!" One cute boy said. "Yah~ Get your own beautiful girl. She has her own hero." Donghae butted in and ruffled the boy's hair. "Noona, who's this?!" Another boy asked. "Oppa! Why did you go?!" Girls came running towards us. "I'm this noona's boyfriend, okay?" Donghae explained to the children. "Oppa has a boyfriend?! Waaah! Sunsaengnim, oppa has a pretty girlfriend!" The little girl ran away. All the children pouted and we giggled.

 

"Which oppa are you talking about?" A beautiful girl came out. "Donghae oppa!" She called. "Sunye! Come, I'll introduce you to her." He pulled me. "Sunye, your students are..." Donghae was unable to finish her sentence when, "Sunsaengnim, you know this hyung who's stealing away noona's heart?" The little boy from earlier asked. "Woohyun, this hyung is my friend, and this noona is his girlfriend. There are more girls who will also like you in the future." Sunye said and the boy looked at us. "Noona, if this hyung will hurt you, I will beat him up." Woohyun said and ran away.

 

"So, this is your girlfriend that Eunhyuk's been telling me?" Sunye smirked. "Yup. This is Jieun. Jieun, this is Sunye, one of my best friends." I shook hands with her. I was scared that it might be awkward that one of them had liked the other. "Don't worry. None of us had feelings for each other. She's loyal to her someone." Donghae teased and it made me feel at ease. "Yah!" Sunye began hitting Donghae, making me laugh. "How are you and--"

 

"Sunsaengnim, rapper hyung has arrived!" One boy yelled and we all looked at the entrance as a guy with eccentric, yet cool fashion style arrived. He was in baggy dance pants and in a blazer (like in Big Bang's Love Song). "Yo, Sunye's students!" He smiled. "Jiyong oppa!" Girls ran to him. "And I thought I was the one they like." Donghae pouted. "Sorry, man, but they like me more." The rapper guy lifted one of the students. "How's little Suzy?" He asked and the little girl giggled. "I'm fine. Oppa, sunsaengnim has guests." The girl named Suzy pointed and 'Jiyong' put her down.

 

"What's up, Donghae?!" He said and shook hands with him. "Fine. I knew you two would end up." Donghae said. "Well, you know our story." The other guy shyly rubbed the back of his head. "Anyway, is this your girlfriend?" He asked and Donghae proudly nodded. "Yes. This is Jieun. Jieun, this is Jiyong, but his rapper name is G-Dragon. Just call him Jiyong." Donghae said and I shook hands with Jiyong. "Nice to meet you. You're as beautiful as my Sunye." He bragged and slung his arm around her shoulder. 

 

"Oppa, can you play with us?" Little girls came to Jiyong and Donghae. We gave them permissions and we sat at the big chairs. "Tea?" Sunye offered and I nodded. When she gave me my tea, we looked at our boyfriends playing with the girls.

 

"Donghae must love you very much." She said and I looked at her. "Let me guess, I'm not the first to say that, right?" She asked to which I nodded. "I'll tell you something about Donghae. Donghae is every girl's dream. Most of the girls back in high school wanted to be with him. Some were lucky to be played with Donghae, some weren't. We had to control Donghae to stop his bad habits, which did when he reached college. He had earned a barrier around him wherein he only allowed the three of us, me, Jiyong and Eunhyuk can break. We haven't seen that kind of smile of him for a  long time. I know I'm not the first, and I'm sure I'm not gonna be the last one to tell you this. Donghae loves you so much that we can all see you two together as a family. Take care of him, as I see no one else for him but you." She said and held my hands.  I smiled. Donghae may really be the one already.

 

I looked at Donghae, then at Jiyong. Now, it's my time to get to know them. "So, how long have you been with Jiyong?" I asked her. "Just about a year. But I had loved him since middle school." She confessed. "That long? Why did you just became a couple recently?"  I asked. "Well, it took a long time before we both got the courage to confess our feelings to each other. We were friends before, and we don't want to jeopardize our friendship for love. You see,  me, Donghae and Eunhyuk were best of friends, but I was always left out because I was a girl. One day, Jiyong arrived and I fell for him. Even if the two morons would leave me, Jiyong would always be by my side." She said. She touched her ring and smiled. "He gave this to me when he asked me to be his girlfriend." Her smile reaches her ears. "You love him so much, right?" And she nodded.

 

We looked at our boyfriends and looked at each other. "Do you wanna play with them?" She asked me and I nodded. We went to our boyfriends and played with them plus the children. We played until dismissal time.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"It's 5 p.m. What do you want to do?" I asked him. "I need you to meet someone important." He said and kissed my hand.

 

We first bought flowers and snacks before heading to our next destination. As we were getting near, it was only then that I realized where we were going. I looked at Donghae who just smiled at me.

 

"Why are we here?" I asked. "You're going to meet appa."

 


 

I'm sorry it took a while. I was only half day last Thursday, but it was my mom's birthday, so I was out the whole day. Then yesterday, I had no classes, but I  focused on my other works. Love has no limits just ended. So, I'm gonna begin or continue In the midst of war, we fell in love. Then I was caught up with so much Kyuyoung fics, that I had the urge to write one, thus, producing It has always been you. Lastly, have any of you seen the gif of HenBer's piggyback ride? :> Well, because of that, Just best friends? was born. It's just a short chaptered fic, so don't worry, I won't forget this. :>