Meet Donghae... And The Ball?

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

It was just the week before graduation, meaning it's the busiest week for our batch for many reasons. First, we will already be finalizing our admissions on our chosen universities. I am lucky to get into one of the best univerisities. I didn't fail my teachers, my mom, Donghae and of course, myself. Second, the teachers are finalizing the grades, and are still deliberating to see who will get into the honors' list. I won't deny that indeed, I also hoped to be in there too. Lastly, is because of the Graduation Ball. Held a week before our graduation, the graduation ball is one of the most awaited events of the whole year. We get to ask any guy on a date, and dress to whatever we want. As much as I want Donghae to be my date, I can't go with him in public.

 

"Jieun!" Minyoung slung her arm around my neck as we read the details on the graduation ball. "Are you gonna ask Kyuhyun out?" She asked me. "No. I'd rather be alone than be with a guy and receive all the teasings," I answered her. "How about you and Leeteuk?" I asked. "Going well," she blushed. "Oh well, it's time to see what we can do to help," I said. Since finals were over, all we have to do is help fix for the different events. We were assigned to fix different events. Either you help for the on ball or for the graduation event. I decided to go for the graduation event since I know Jiyeon will be at the ball.

 

Some teachers would also help us for the set up too. I saw Donghae walking in with a lot of papers and tapes with him. I giggled at his cuteness and the others might have noticed his cuteness too because they were pointing and blushing at him. I just rolled my eyes. That's my boyfriend you're pointing at.

 

"Need help?" Minyoung asked as she saw me cutting ribbons. "Sure. You can get those pink ribbons and tie them with the red ones. I'll just get the blue and purple ones." I said and stood up to get the ribbons. When I was about to get them, another hand was about to get them too. "You get them," Donghae said. I nodded and took them. I walked back to Minyoung, and took a glance at Donghae before continuing my work.

 

"Do you like Lee sunsaengnim?" Minyoung asked. "What?!" I stopped working and yelled, making everyone look at us. "What did you say?" I squinted my eyes and gritted my teeth. "Are you saying that I like him?!" I whispered angrily at her. "Well, when you see him, your eyes sparkle. I don't see that when you're with Kyuhyun. You just have a good aura whenever he's there. Do you love him?" She asked with full curiousity. "Listen, I don't know how you came up with that conclusion, Sherlock Holmes, but whatever I feel for Lee sunsaengnim is private." I stood up and tied the ribbons to the tables. "So you do like him?!" She said, running after me. "MInyoung, I don't like him, okay?" I lied. I don't like him. I love him. 

 

I went to hang up one of the banners. So I used the ladder and tried to place it. Sadly, I had to bend, which caused an imbalance on the ladder. I was about to fall when someone managed to push the ladder back. I looked below and saw Donghae. "Jieun, come down!" Ms. Kim yelled. I was shivering when I reached the floor. "You were about to fall back then. Luckily, Lee sunsaeng was fast enough to hold the ladder. You want to sit down for a while?" Kim sunsaengnim asked and I nodded. I sat at one of the benches and Minyoung handed me a water bottle. "I thought I'd lose you," she said and hugged me. "I'm not gonna die. I promise," I . "Jieun, are you okay?" I looked up and saw Donghae. "Yes, I am." I answered. "This is your chance to seduce him!" Minyoung said. She stood up and pushed me closer to Donghae. He took the seat beside me and we both chuckled.

 

"Later, can I take you home?" He whispered softly, but loud enough for me to hear. "Of course," I smiled. I looked at the preparations for the graduation. I can't believe that in a week, I'll be leaving this school, and going into college. The best part is, after I graduate, I can date Donghae without having to worry about others seeing me.

    

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

    

It was dismissal time and I was waiting for Donghae at the library. I looked at my watch, and I was waiting for almost 20 minutes now. "Jieun," I heard his voice, and I smiled when I saw him. He looked like he fixed himself. "What took you so long?" I pouted. "I wanted to look good. Now let's go," he said and took my bag. He took my hand and we went to his car. Once in, he drove us away immediately.

 

We parked near the Han river. It was almost sunset time, and I looked at Donghae. "This is beautiful." I said and leaned on his chest. "Jieun-ah, I want to take you to the ball." I looked at him, but his gaze was still on the view. "But oppa," he just silenced me with a short kiss and looked into my eyes. "I was chosen to chaperone the event. They know that the kids would like me if I was there than their parents, so I accepted it. Plus, I get to see you on your beautiful y dress," he whispered seductively. "Oppa, not here. We're just inside your car," I giggled. "But I wasn't intending to do anything, unless you want to~" We began to tickle each other and laugh along. "O-oppa! Stop!" I said, trying to hold my laughter. 

 

"Come here," he said and pulled me into his arms. "So, what color of dress are you planning to wear?" He asked me. "Why? Are you gonna match our outfits?" I teased and he nodded. "I want to at least show you that I belong to you." I smiled at what he said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  "Blue, because it's your favorite color," I smiled and pinched his cheeks. "It's getting dark now. Take me home! Please~!" I pouted for him and he nodded. 

  

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

  

"I'll cook dinner for you!" I said as we walk towards my house with our arms interlinked. We were still giggling when suddenly, my mom came out of our house. I forgot that my mom arrived. "Omma!" I yelled and pulled away from Donghae. I came to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Who is he?" Omma asked with her eyebrow raised. "Good evening madam. I am Lee Donghae, Jieun's boyfriend," he said. I widened my eyes that he said that to my mom. "Well, Jieun, why don't you let him in and serve him dinner?!" My omma yelled at me. I nodded and immediately went inside to fix dinner.

 

I heated some food and cooked rice as omma talks with Donghae. "So Donghae, where do you study?" When omma asked that, I dropped the spoon I was holding. "Jieun, are you okay?" Donghae immediately ran towards my side. I just nodded and served the food to the table. "Let me get water," Donghae said and took the pitcher of water from the fridge then took a seat.

 

"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to answer your question earlier," Donghae talked to my mom again. "Omma, whatever we will tell you tonight, can you please not freak out about it?" I asked. "Of course. It's not like you're pregnant with his child," omma teased. "Omma! Not funny!" I yelled, making Donghae blushed. "Fine, what is it?" My mom chuckled, but stop and just smiled. "Donghae oppa," I sighed. "...is my teacher." I said and closed my eyes. I was waiting for my mom's words that can kill me, but when I took a peek, she was just smiling and nodded at us.

 

"There's nothing wrong. Just promise me you'll keep it a secret before you graduate," she said and held my hand. "So, ma'm, does this mean?" Donghae asked with his hopeful eyes. "Yes," omma nodded. He looked at me and I just hugged him. "Also, just call me omma. You're too formal. You really are a teacher," omma giggled. "Oh, Jieun, a letter came today. I guess you'll be happy to see it." Omma handed me a letter which big letters read, Saenghwal University. I looked at Donghae and omma, who were both sporting a confident smile. "Believe me, I know your capabilities and I'm sure you'll get in," Donghae assured me.

 

I gently removed the seal and began to read the letter.

 

Dear Ms. Park Jieun,

 

We are please to welcome you to Saenghwal University. Your grades have enabled you to pass the standards of our school with the course of  English Language and Literature. Your performance is highly exceptional that we are offering you a scholarship. We are happy to welcom you as part of our community. Please respond as soon as possible to confirm your slot. Thank you!

 

Sincerly yours, 

Saenghwal University

 

I widened my eyes as I read the news. "Well?" The both looked nervous. "I... I passed," I stuttered. "Great! I know you can do it!" They both cheered. "More than that, I got offered a scholarship!" I exclaimed. The three of us jumped in excitement and hugged each other. "Oppa! I'm going to Saenghwal University!" I jumped into his arms. Omma watched us from afar as I lovingly hug Donghae in my arms. I'm just so happy that things are doing so well. 

 

"But isn't Saenghwal University far? You have to move out in here," my mom suddenly said. My smile faded and slowly pulled away from Donghae. I bit my lip and faced him. "You guys talk for a while. I'll fix everything now. I want you to solve your problems first," omma said and pushed us outside.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

No one has uttered a word. We were sitting at the pavement, looking at the sidewalk. The silence that surrounded us was deafening.

 

"Jieun," I turned to Donghae and I could feel my tears is gonna pour out any minute. "O-oppa," I said as I rubbed my arms to beat the cold. He removed his jacket and placed it around me. "Don't cry. We won't get separated. Trust me. I won't ever leave you." He assured me and kissed my forehead. He pulled me into a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

 

"Trust me, I have my own ways for us to be together while you're in college."

 

 


 

I just made that university up. There's no such thing as Saenghwal Univeristy. Saenghwal is Korean for life. I just couldn't think of other names. :p So, what do you think does he meant by the last line? :> Grad ball scene next? What do you expect or what do you want in that?! :D

 

Lastly, belated happy birthday to our mochi, Henry!!! ^^ I will so stalk him when I go to Canada. XD