Giving You Up

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

"B-break up with Donghae?" I repeated her words. "Yes. Break up with him. It's not that hard, right? I mean you're just gonna end this fling anyway." She said. Fling? "Is that how you see our relationship is, a fling?" I asked in disbelief. "Yeah. I mean, he could just be playing with you, right?" She asked cooly. "You know nothing about Donghae. We are serious about each other. I love him, and he loves me too." I said and picked up my drink and bag to leave. "So your're leaving me? You want me to expose your most well secret between you and him?" She said and I was stopped in my tracks. "I know you'd stop." She stood up and went to face me. "Listen very carefully. I am already working, and is only two years younger than oppa. Compared to you, I am very much more compatible and stable for him. If you want to make his life better, break up with him. You know that I'm better for him, right? Don't worry, I'll give you one week." She patted my shoulder and left. 

 

I watched her as she was out of my sight. I went out of the shop and wiped my tears away. I can't just break up with him. I can't be without him in my life, and I know that his life won't be good without me. But if I won't break up with him, Yoona might expose our relationship. The thought that whatever happens, we will both be suffering kills me. I just have to choose what kind of suffering we will undergo.

 

 

I returned back to my place, and it was already dark. I saw a car waiting outside. Oh God, Donghae! I walked quickly to the car to see if he was there, but I was surprised with a backhug. "Where have you been? I was worried." He said and turned me to face him. "Have you been crying?" He asked me and I looked away. "Jieun, tell me what's wrong?" He cupped my face and I could see he is worrying about me. "I..." I pushed his hand away and ran into my house. "Jieun, let me in!" He knocked continuously. "Donghae, you should go home." I said while tears fall from my face. "Jieun..." He stopped knocking, but I know he was still there. "Just leave. It's late already." I said and I heard his car's engine.

 

I sighed and fell at the floor. Will I really give him up? Can I really give him up?

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

For the rest of the week, I tried avoiding him. I wasn't able to think straight. I would immediately leave his class after the bell, and I didn't go to the library for the whole week. I ignored his calls and messages too. It feels like hell without him. The week that Yoona gave me finally ended. I know she'll be waiting for him. I know that I must end things now for his sake.

 

"Lee sunsaengnim..." I called for him. "Yes, Jieun?" He asked, sounding so formal. "Can we talk?" I asked him and he told me for us to meet at the library. When I arrived there, we went to the bookshelves. "Jieun-ah, why have you been ignoring me?" He said and caressed my cheek. I gently removed it and looked at him in the eye seriously. "I don't think I can say it here. Can we go somewhere else?" I asked him and he agreed. 

 

We were on top of a small hill near our place. We sat at the bench there. No one is here, except us. He took my hands and held it tight. "Is there a problem? I can sense there's something. Come on, tell me." He smiled. How can I tell him that we have to break up.

 

"Lee sunsaengnim..." I called out. "Why are you calling me that? We're not at school," he smiled. "Because I can't continue anymore." I said and let go of his hands. "What?" His voice sounded like it was cracking. "We have to stop." I said and stood up. He caught my wrist and hugged my back. Please don't make this hard for me. "Why?" I felt his hot breathe on my skin. I pulled him away from me and bit my lip as I saw him with tears already. "Oppa, mianhae. I just have to. We have to end this." I said and ran away. 

 

"Jieun-ah! Jiieun-ah!" I could hear him call for me. I just want to run to him and tell him all about Yoona's threat, but I can't. I can't put our lives in danger. I'm sorry Donghae. I love you so much that's why I'm doing this.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

I was walking without looking at my direction when I bumped at someone. "Cheoseonghamnida." I said and swiftly walk away, still wiping the tears from my face. The person suddenly grabbed my wrist. "Jieun, why are you crying?" His deep voice spoke. I faced him and he walked towards me. He wiped my tears away and hugged me. "K-kyu--" I couldn't even complete his name. My voice was shivering, and all I could do was cry.

 

"Let's sit down." He said and guided me to a bench. "Tell me what's wrong." He said and offered me his handkerchief. "I just can't be away from him." I muttered. I never knew he would hear it anyway. "Who?" He asked. "Donghae, my boyfriend." I confessed. "I'm sorry I hid it from you. I'm sorry if I used you as a gateway to make them see that we have nothing, when we really do." I apologized and looked down at the ground. "I know." He suddenly said. "You know?" I looked at him and he just nodded. "I know you have a boyfriend. I can see that the way you look at Donghae. I envy him. I still like you, and I wanted to be a good friend even if I can't have you." He said and smiled. "Komawo, Kyuhyun. You're the only one who knows it." I said. 

 

"So, why were you crying?" He asked me. "Because I broke up with him." I answered. He just rubbed my back and listened to my tears and sobs. "Why did you do it? I can see that you love him so much." He said. "Because if I don't break up with him, someone will expose our relationship. I can't lose him. I don't want him to suffer because of me. I love him so much." I told him. "Is there anyway for me to help you?" He asked. "Can you just please stay by my side since I need someone right now?" I asked him and he nodded. 

 

Even though Kyuhyun is here, there's a greater pain with breaking up with Donghae. It's not easy ending things especially when you love him so much.

 


 

Another update! ^^ I got nothing to do this morning except do this. :D So, what do you think Kyuhyun will do? :>

 

And regarding my soon-to-be-released No Other Woman story will probably come out next week. :>