Promises

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

"Appa..." Donghae sniffed as he placed the flowers on his father's grave. We both sat down as he wipes his tears away. "I promised you that I will introduce you to my future girlfriend." Donghae began. "I never managed to bring my girlfriends back then because I know that they weren't worth to be introduced to you. I'm sorry that I became a mess. But now, things are better." He said and pulled me by the shoulder. "Appa, I met the most wonderful girl that I know you will like. Hyukkie, hyung and omma likes her. I hope you like her too. Her name is Jieun. She's nice, smart and everything I could have wanted and needed in a girl." Donghae said as his tears fall. I wiped them away and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Annyeong haseyo Donghae's appa. I'm Jieun. I promise that I will take care of your son with all my heart. I love him so much. He's more than perfect if I could say." I said and he smiled at me. "I can't imagine my life without him, sir." I said. "Don't call him sir. Call him, appa." Donghae said. "Appa..." I smiled and he smiled. It was like I felt comfortable calling him appa.

 

Donghae pulled me and made me lean on his chest. No words were said, just silent prayers. I pray to God that things will be better. I pray for the safety of my family and Donghae's family. I wish for everything will be okay.

 

We stayed there for almost an hour and we decided to go back home after. While walking, he invited me to go on this hill where we would see the beautiful view of the sea. I agreed and took me there.

 

I saw the sea and it was beautiful. He hugged me from my back and buried his head on the hair on my neck. "Your hair smiles nice." He smiled. The wind blows at us and we were just in that position. 

 

"Jieun..." He called me and pulled away from the hug. I looked at him who was holding my hands. "You see this bracelet on my wrist, right?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, it came from my grandmother, and I've treasure it ever since." He said and removed it from his wrist. He took my hand and looked at me first. "I never thought that this day would come, that I'd be able to give this bracelet to the girl I love so much.” He said as he wore the bracelet to me. It was beautiful and I touched it. “Donghae, I—“


He didn’t let me finish his words when he gave me a surprising kiss. I just closed my eyes as I let myself drown in his wonderful lips. I let my arms wrap around his neck while his arms were on my waist. It wasn’t like those sneaky pecks & kisses we used to have at the library. This is a long and passionate kiss, something we haven't shared for in a long time.

 

When I pulled away, we were just laughing. He just looked into my eyes and captured my lips once again.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Omma! We're home!" Donghae's voice echoed through the whole house. "Oh, Donghae, Jieun! Come, you're just in time for dinner." His mother said and we took our seats. "How was your day?" His omma asked. "Oh, just good! She met Sunye and Jiyong!" He happily said. "Just good. I miss those two. Invite them some time back to our house. I love seeing that couple. Tell them to invite us at their wedding." His omma smiled and we just laughed to ourselves. "Ahh~! I really love seafoods!" Donghae said and I fed him some fish. "Here, taste this. It's good, right?" He fed me and gave me a thumbs up.  

 

After eating dinner, we helped to clean what we had eaten. They didn't stop me in helping this time, which is good. Donghae kept disturbing while I was washing the dishes. "Oppa, stop tickling me." I giggled while washing the dishes. "I just can't help it." Donghae said as he hugs me from the back. "Omma, please tell Donghae to go away. He distracts me too much. I don't want to break any of these dishes." I pouted. "So cheesy~" I heard Donghwa commented and left the kitchen. "Donghae-ya, just sit down and watch Jieun from afar." His omma strictly told him. Donghae gave me a kiss on my cheek before taking a seat.

 

When we were done, we went to our rooms. "Donghae, why are you in my room?!" I heard Donghwa yell from his room. "Because I let Jieun stay in my room!" I heard my Donghae reply. "FINE! But if if you destroy or mess up my room, I won't mind to kick you out of the house." His hyung answered. I just chuckled to myself as I pick out my nightwear. I went to the bathroom to take a bath and after that, I prepared where I'm gonna sleep. While preparing, someone knock on my door, only to see Donghae's omma. "Annyeong haseyo, omma." I bowed. "Jieun, can I talk with you?" She smiled and I nodded.

 

We took our seats at the chairs at their garden. "Jieun..." She called for me and I looked at her. I felt nervous, but when I saw her, she was just smiling. "How much do you love our Donghae?" She asked me seriously. "Loving him was out of my plans. I always tried to avoid him because I know that he's a teacher, whom I should respect, and not love. But he was always there beside me when I needed someone the most. He made me feel complete. He made me feel like there was something in this world to be happy. Donghae brings out the happiness and smiles within me that I never knew I have. I love Donghae with all my heart. I couldn't my life without him. He's just... Oh God, I can't even put the right words to describe how wonderful he is and how important he is to me. He's Lee Donghae who completes me. I love him so much that I really can't tell how much I love him. I don't want to use metaphors because I don't want to sound poetic much. He's my first love, and hopefully my last." I smiled throughout what I have said. Until now, Donghae never fails to make my heart beat out of control. 

 

"Jieun, I know how much you love Donghae. Do you know how much Donghae loves you?" She asked and I shook my head. "I never saw him that much clingy with a girl. I never saw him that affectionate with any of his past girlfriends. I'm so happy he has met you. I don't want anyone else for him, but you. There's no girl so understand and well mannered that we have more than you. Please, take care of him and love him with all your heart." She held my hands and I nodded. "Thank you. I don't care if you're his student, and he's your teacher. It doesn't matter. what matters is that you love each other."

 

{Donghae's POV}
I smile to myself as I listen to Jieun and mom's  conversation. I know it's eavesdropping, but I can't help but giggle to myself all the wonderful things my girlfriend had said.

 

"You're eavesdropping." I turned and saw my hyung with his arms crossed and a smug face. "Hyung! You scared me!" I said and held to my chest. "What are they talking about anyway?" Hyung asked me. "Me, who else." I proudly said.

 

"You love her so much, right?" He said and I nodded like a fool. "I saw her wearing the bracelet halmeoni gave you when you were a young boy." He said. "I gave it to her earlier." I was still smiling and my hyung smiled too. "Just don't hurt her." He said. I remembered the incident with Yoona, but I just shook my head. "Hyung, I have never loved any girl like this. If I can say, he's the first girl I ever love. I don't want anyone else but her." I said, not minding his reaction.

 

"But doesn't it bother you that she's your student?" He asked. I closed my eyes and breathed out. "It's hard living that I see her most of the time and I must hold myself not to give any hints that we have something. I love her so much that I don't want her to get in trouble. I don't care if I lose my job. I don't want others to think that she's a bad person. I care about her, hyung. I love her." I explained and he nodded. "Just don't hurt her. She's a total keeper. I'd really want her to be my sister-in-law." He said and left to go to the bathroom.

 

I contemplated for awhile. I love Jieun. I have hurt her once, and I won't let that happen again. I made a promise to her and to myself. I won't let my Jieun get hurt.

{End of POV}

 


 

I've been so busy with college. For the past week, I go home at least 7:30 p.m. T_T We've been practicing until 7 at night for our cheerdance competition, which was held yesterday. Well, our block were the champions at our set! ^^ I was also down in the dumps because of this stupid blog where they post bad grammar in stories and posters in aff. Sadly, the poster of this story was featured. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

 

Anyway, have you seen the comeback of B1A4? I'm not much into rookie groups, but they have swept me off my feet. :> I've been a fan of them since their debut. :>