Romeo & Juliet

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Kyuhyun asked me and I nodded. He walked me to school today. It feels like I'm only using him, but it feels good to have someone who knows my situation. "I will be. Thanks for walking me," I smiled at him. "No, thank you. I have always wanted to do this with you. I'll pick you up after class. If you don't want, call me." He said and waved goodbye.

 

I entered the school, and my classmates surrounded. They keep talking about Kyuhyun, when my heart only belongs to one person. I stopped walking when I saw him. "Annyeong haseyo Lee sunsaengnim," they greeetedd in unison. "Annyeong haseyo Lee sunsaengnim," I said after. He bowed and passed by. "Why does it look like that Lee sunsaengnim cried? His eyes were red and swollen." One of them commented. I didn't make any more comment, and proceeded with class. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Time for literature, ever read Romeo & Juliet?" Donghae asked, and the class nodded. "Well, who can give me a brief introduction what the famous playwright all about?" He asked, but no one seem to respone. "Why not, Jieun? She must have read it." Jiyeon pointed to me. Donghae hesitated, but decided to let me do it anyway. 

 

"Romeo and Juliet is the story about two star-crossed lovers that takes place in Verona, Italy. Romeo is a Montague, the family that the Capulets are in conflict with. Romeo and Juliet met and fell in love. They had to hide their relationship because of family problems. They secretly get married with hopes of their problems to get better. But alas, it only got worse when Romeo accidentally kills Juliet's cousin, Tybalt. With this, Romeo was banished from Verona. When Juliet was threatened to be married to Count Paris, she gets help to make it look like had died on the day of the wedding. But because Romeo thought that Juliet had died already, he drinks the poison given to him. Juliet wakes up and found a lifeless Romeo. Wanting to join her beloved in afterlife, she stabs herself."

 

"Thank you, Jieun. Now let me ask you, what do you think about the star crossed lovers?" Star crossed lovers, or forbidden lovers, like we are, or what we used to be. "It must have been hard for them to keep their relationship. Juliet was forced to be married to someone she doesn't love." I answered. "So, if you were in Juliet's position, what could you have done?" He asked me. "I would have fought for my love." I answered. "Do you think Juliet can fight for the person she loves? She looks incapable and consulted death," he said. My jaw tightened, and I had to give a deep breath to answer him. "I think she would fight until she can. People will never back down for the ones they love. If they ever did, it's because they have no choice. If Juliet had to leave Romeo because of his own good, then she would do it for his sake. She's not as selfish as what others say. She loves truly with all her heart. Juliet must have reasons if he'll leave Romeo." I said, directing it to him. It took a while before he got back to his senses. I saw him clench his fists that it became pale.

 

"Lee sunsaengnim," one of the students called him out. It was only at this moment that I realized that we are inside the classroom. We looked away and I sat down. I sighed and Minyoung handed me a note. 'Something wrong? Love problem? If it's Kyuhyun, I can help you.' She wrote. It could hav been helpful if he was the problem, but he wasn't. 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Jieun, please stay," he said when I was about to leave. I just stayed where I was until the door closed and we were already alone. "Lee sunsaengnim," I began. "No, Jieun." He said and just hugged me. "P-please... I-I need you. It's been awhile, but it feels like forever without you." He said. I just wanted to hug him back, and tell him that everything's gonna be okay. 

 

Suddenly, his phone rang. I saw the name, Yoona. She was calling. I pushed him away from me. "Answer your phone. Yoona's calling." I said. He just looked at his phone and I decided to leave, but he grabbed my wrist. "Is it because of her that you're avoiding me?" He asked, and I remained unmoved. "Wha-- Why?!" He asked me and held me closer to him. "Lee sunsaengnim," I called him. "NO! Don't call me that! Why are you doing this to me?!" He was trying to lower his voice, but he was having a hard time. He was on the verge of crying. "It's not her," I sighed. "It's me," I closed my eyes and went out. There's no point in staying. I might just tell him everything. I might just go to him and tell him I still love him.

 

I hurriedly went to the gate. I ran out, not caring about the people who see me. I had the back of my hand on my mouth, suppressing my tears. The moment I was out, someone grabbed me and hugged me. "It's okay," he whispered. "We talked... I... I tried not to cry in front of him... I... I still love him..." I cried unto his uniform. I held unto him tightly. I had no one to run to at this moment but him.

 

"Wow, this is a good way to show him that you are over him." I turned and saw her. "Please, leave her alone. It's enough you get what you want," Kyuhyun placed me behind his back and defended me. "Oh, is this the one you've gotten as a replacement?" She smirked. "I'm not a replacement. I am a friend who will help her." He answered back. "From the way I see it, you two are affectionate. It seems that you also know her big secret," she added. "I don't care if she doesn't love me back. I'm more thankful to be her friend anyways," Kyuhyun said. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to find ways to make Jieun happy." He said, held my hand and took me away.

 

"Oh, Donghae oppa!" I heard Yoona beamed. I stopped walking, but Kyuhyun held my hand tighter. I looked at him and he was giving me a reassuring smile. I trusted him and nodded. We resumed walking, while debating myself if I sould look back. I already turned my head a little. Another 45 degree turn, and our eyes might probably meet already. But knowing that Yoona would be there, I decided not to continue anymore.

 

{Donghae's POV}

"It's not her... It's me." Those were her last words before she left me in my office. I watched her figure disappear. There was pain and love in her tone. I can say that I guess she still loves me. I know Jieun. She left me for a reason, and she doesn't want to tell me.

 

Like Romeo and Juliet, we can not be together in the eyes of others. We are in a forbidden, yet true love lingers. I want to believe that like those star-crossed lovers, we are destined too. Alas, what does it take for us to be like this?

 

I stood up and walked to the window. I see, there, my Juliet in the arms of whom I call Count Paris. I gave a heavy sigh and turned away. She might be crying from earlier. I saw how her eyes were teary, and I can't do anything. I just grabbed my bag and papers on the desk and went to the teacher's office.

 

I immediately fixed everything before logging out my i.d. I sighed as I walked towards the gate. Something made me shoot my head up, the voice of that Kyuhyun and his words, "Now, if you excuse me, I have to find ways to make Jieun happy." That was my role, my spot. I was the one who's supposed to make her happy, not him. The moment I raised my head, I saw the two walking away. 

 

"Oh, Donghae oppa!" Yoona called me, slightly diverting my attention towards her. I looked at Jieun's back figure, and saw her hesitant to turn her head. Just turn more a little, please. I prayed she would, but she didn't. It only left me a big disappointment and a crushed heart.

 

"Oppa, let's watch a movie!" Yoona said and clung to my arm. I slowly pushed her away and apologized. "I'm sorry Yoona, but I have a lot of papers to check. The finals of the senior batch is near. I have to finalize the test, check papers and record them too." I said without a smile and walked away.

 

I entered my car and drove. While I was driving, I caught up with Jieun and Kyuhyun. The two stopped walking, and Jieun's eyes and my eyes met. It was a split second, but it was momentous. All I could do was mouth the words, 'I love you'.

{End of POV}

 


 

Have you seen the dance versions of A-Cha? The first one made me dizzy, while the second is like a bird's eye view. LOL. SNSD's comeback is on Tuesday, which is a bittersweet moment. Sweet because I can see Sooyoung again, but bitter because SJ is still promoting. You can check my blog titled, 'SNSD, the princesses of SME'. *sighs*

 

It's finally October too! Which means it's the month of my birthday! :D Next week is the album launch of SJ, the day after my birthday is the day we're gonna watch SS3 3D concert and Etude House is on sale! Plus, the best part is, my aunt is gonna ask her friend who's going to Korea to buy me an A-Cha album as her gift to me! :D

 

Lastly, my husband, Kim Heechul is back from training camp!! :D