Saturday Jog

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

Weekend came and it was 6 in the morning. It was Saturday, the day I really enjoy. I changed my clothes to an outfit good for jogging. When I was in my sweatsuit, I started to stretch and took my ipod with me for entertainment. I stepped out of my house and began jogging. 

 

I was happily jogging around my neigborhood when I heard a famliar voice. "Jieun-ah!" I stopped and it felt like my heart stopped too. I turned to the source of my voice and I couldn't believe who I was seeing.  He was wearing a dark colored sweatsuit with his large headhones. He was already sweating, but only enough to know that he was just beginning. Lastly, I could see his beautiful arms. His muscles were very sculpted and obvious from his outfit."Lee sunsaengnim..." I whispered. "Hi there Jieun. And please, call me Donghae. We're out of the school premises anyway." He smiled. "Yes, Donghae-sshi." I bowed and began to walk. He also walked beside me.

 

"I've been jogging here for a while now, but this is the only time I saw you." I said as we began to jog. "Well, since I just moved here from Mokpo." He said. I looked at him and the sun was shining down on him. The way how the sunlight passes his brown bangs over his eyes distract me. My eyes were just looking at him.

 

"Watch out!" I heard someone yell. I looked at my direction, and saw someone riding a bike was losing control over it. I didn't know what to do. Luckily, I felt being pulled and I was hugged away. I could feel his strong and muscular arms surround me. I lay my head on his chest. I can hear him breathe. I can hear his heart. I froze in my position. I don't want him to let go. I feel so safe. I feel so secure in his arms. It felt like I fit here.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked me as he pulls me away from him. I just nodded and looked at his eyes, but his gaze went to the person on the bike. "I wanna say sorry on her behalf." He even apologized for me. "It's okay. And I should also be sorry for the little girl here. I lost control over my bike." The person said. The person removed her helmet and revealed her long and brown hair. "I'm sorry. Are you hurt?" She asked me and checked me for any bruise or scar. I just shook my head and she sighed in relief. "Anyways, I'll be going now." She said and took her bike away with her.

 

We watched her as her figure disappear. I can't deny that she was beautiful. She had beautiful skin and her smile glows. And she also looks like someone around Lee sunsaengnim's age. I looked at him and saw him still looking after her. I felt a pang in my heart. I knew that that girl can fit for him. I don't want to think of him anymore so I decided to walk away. 

 

I was a few meters away from him when I suddenly heard him call me. "Jieun-ah!" He pulled my shoulder, and I stopped walking. "Why did you leave me?" He asked me with a smile. "I was getting hungry. I think I'll go home now." I said and began to walk. "Wait, why don't you eat breakfast with me?" He said and I turned to him. I saw him smiling and I knew that I couldn't say no.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"I go here often, and I don't see any of my classmates here." I said as we enter a small restaurant I chose. We took a seat away from the door and window. I don't want others to see him. 

 

"So, what would you like to order?" He asked me as he called for the waiter. "Just Belgian waffles with strawberry syrup and caramel frappucino." I smiled. "I'll have the same as hers with the waffle, but I'll have some strawberry milkshake." He said to the waiter, and the waiter left.

 

"You like strawberries, right?" I . "Yeah. I and my best friend likes them very much." He laughed. "You know, I told myself that if I find that girl that was 'the one', I'd bring her home to Mokpo to introduce him to my family and to my best friend." He said. I looked at him, and I saw him looking at me. Our eyes were fixed on each other. 

 

Before one of us could talk, our food arrived. I began to slice a part of my waffle and eat it. I haven't even swallowed the piece in my mouth when I will shove another piece in my mouth. "Jieun-ah, slow down or you will choke." Lee sunsaengnim said. I shook my head, but then I began to cough. His eyes enlargen and handed me a glass of water. I drank and kept coughing. He patted my back until I was able to swallow a big amount of waffle.

 

"Why were you eating so fast? Look, you choked." Lee sunsaengnim said. "Mianhamnida, Lee sunsaengnim." I bowed my head. "Dongae. Call me Donghae, remember?" He said. "Ne. Komawo, Donghae-sshi." I said and slowly looked at him. He's always smiling and he makes me smile.

 

"Are you gonna do something after this meal, Jieun?" He asked me. "Just do some house chores like clean the house, do some laundry and buy some grocery. Then I'll begin the English report." I told him. "Oh. It seems that you're busy today." He sounded a bit disappointed, but why?

 

"But tomorrow I won't be." I sounded excited. I bit my lip. I wanted to hit my head and take back what I said. "Really?" I saw his face lighten up. "Do you go to the Church near the park here?" I asked him and he nodded. "Great. If you want, we'll go somewhere after going to Church." I smiled and took a bite of my waffle.

 

"I always wondered if teenagers your age still go to Church and believe in God. You made me believe that someone like you still exist in this world." He said and smiled. "Anyway, I have to go home now." I said and stood up. He stood up too. I stopped and looked at him. "Is it okay if I walk you home?" He asked me and I nodded.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

"Thank you Lee sun-- I mean, Donghae sshi." I said as we were in front of my doorstep. "Your welcome. Good luck in studying. I don't want to pressure you, but I'm anticipating your report. I've read some of the best works that Mrs. Kim kept, and most of them were your works. You were great." He told me. 

 

"Well, I can't say how great I am, because I really don't know. I just do my best in this subject and that's it. Thank you for your appreciation. Well, I think you should go ahead now, before the sun's ray can be damaging to your skin." I said. "Sure. I will. Bye now." He waved his hand and left.

 

I entered my house and began my house work. I did my laundry and cleaned my bathroom, bed and the living room. It took me almost the whole day for me to finish. When I was done, I boiled some hot water for my ramen. I began reading my book while eating ramen.

 

In the middle of reding, I came to realize why Romeo and Juliet is famous. Their love story is tragic and their love is forbidden love. I thought over that some of the most famous movies and stories were all tragic love stories or have the concept of forbidden love.

 

I stopped reading and rolled over. I closed my eyes and the image of Lee sunsaengnim was on my mind. I opened my eyes and wondered why do I always have to think of him. Every time I think of him, my heart beats so fast. I've never felt like this towards anyone or any guy at all. He was the first person to make me feel like this.