New Teacher

My Teacher Taught Me How To Love

English class was always my best subject. But I can't say it was my favorite. Our teacher had resigned and we were left with hopes that they couldn't find a teacher to fill in. Just when we were hoping, the head of the English department suddenly came in, earning grunts of disappointment from most of the students. I silently took my seat and watched as Mr. Park announce something about our English teacher.

 

"As you all know, Mrs. Kim had resigned due to health problems, leaving you without an English teacher. Luckily, we have found a replacement for her." Mr. Park said. Most of us made noises that showed that we dislike this idea. I just rolled my eyes as I try to listen what he wants.

 

"Mr. Lee, please come in." Mr. Park said. I looked at the window. The rain had stopped already, and the sun was shining brightly. I then heard the gasps of my classmates. I looked at the new teacher, and I couldn't deny that a prince was in front of us. When he smiles, his eyes turn into beautiful crescent moon shapes. His skin was smooth and beautiful, especially for a guy. He was tall, but not too tall. His physique wasn't ordinary. It was obvious that he has muscles, and probably even abs underneath his outfit. He was flawless.

 

"Good Morning class. I am Mr. Lee Donghae, your new English teacher." He spoke. His voice sent me a shivering sensation down my spine. Why was I like this? It was like he was shining and he has an aura that gives me a positive feeling. "I will now leave you everyone." Mr. Parj said and left the room. "Now, I know you would like to know about myself. So you could ask me any questions you like." He said and smiled at everyone, and when our eyes met, I swear I felt the world stopped for a while. 

 

"Mr. Lee, do you have a girlfriend?" The self proclaimed ulzzang classmate, Jiyeon, asked. He smiled and answered with a full confidence, "No. I am single." He said which made my classmates flutter their eyelashes and hold their chests, while I remained unmoved. "Any more questions?" He asked again.

 

"What's your favorite color?"

 

"Blue and black."

 

"Favorite food?"

 

"Spicy Chicken Stew."

 

"How old are you?"

 

"23." 

 

"Why did you decide to be a teacher?"

 

"Because I love to teach kids things I know already. I believe that children are the hope of the future and that they should be given enough education."

 

The class became silent after that. "If you don't have anymore questions, we'll begin our lessons right away." He said and began to write on the board. I was still wondering why did he choose our school. Our school wasn't the best or known for anything. He can be a teacher in another prestigious school, but he still chose ours.

 

"You, miss, sitting on the end of the second row next to the window." He called me. "Yes?" I blinked. "Stand up." And I followed. He threw me a ball and I caught it. "What's your name?" He asked me. I looked at him and he looked at me flashing his beautiful smile. "I am Park Jieun." His smile became bigger when I said my name. "Okay, Ms. Jieun, tell me, what is love?" He asked me.

 

I thought for a while. He was walking around the classroom and my gaze was glued to him. Out of nowhere, I began to blurt out things I never thought I could say.

 

"Love is a feeling that one person could and should experience. It is the best and worst feeling one could get. It is the best because it serves as inspiration as you go on your everyday life, and worst because you aren't sure if the person you love will ever return your feelings. It is unexplainable and undefinable. Some times you don't even know that you are already in love. It just happens so quickly that even you aren't aware of it."

 

As I said my answer, my eyes followed him. Everyone was looking at him, not minding me any attention. He looks at me with a small smile and nods as he listens to my answer. He signalled me to throw the ball back to him and I did. He caught it and my classmates were smitten.

 

"Thank you Ms. Jieun, you may now sit down." When he calls my name, my heart beats so fast, and I don't know why. "So, the reason that I asked Jieun to tell me what is love, is because the theme about literature is love." He explained. "Can anyone answer me why do you think love is the most common theme of literature?" He asked. No one dared raised their hands. It was either because they were busy looking at Mr. Lee, or they don't give a care. But I'm going with my first guess.

 

"Since no one is answering, I'll just call the best student in English. Who is your best student?" He asked the class and they all pointed to me. He smiled again and I could feel the fast rush of my heart again. I immediately stood up and we just looked at each other. "Can you answer my question?" He asked me.

 

"Love is the most used theme because it is experienced by everyone. Love does not have exceptions when choosing the person to get hit by it. It's unavoidable and unbearable." I answered with each heart beat of mine makes me nervous. "Thank you. You may now take your seat." He nodded and I followed.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

The rest of the day went on as normal as it would seem. I would try to concentrate on the subjects, but my attention would always be diverted, especially when I see Mr. Lee pass by the corridor. He doesn't look inside our room. He just casually walks by, carrying papers, signing things and more.  But with the remaining 2 hours from our last class, I had always hoped that he would look at our classroom for the last time.

 

I wished to see his beautiful face shine once again. But I don't know why I had the urge to always see him. It brings me some kind of unexplainable happiness. Maybe because he was a new teacher, and he happens to be the teacher of my best subject. Maybe that's just the reason. It couldn't be more than that, right?

 


 

Hello there. I hope you also enjoy this story. I'll be writing this along with my other story, Love Has No Limits . Thank you! :D