CHAPTER 47: Pieces

Because of you Kim Brothers (Repaired)

JUNG EUNHEE

Ok, I’m a very despicable human being. Because, I’m confused with these feelings, it’s making me feel so nasty about myself. So, I decided to go on a trip, alone. I have to cool my head off or else I’m definitely going to go crazy and also, I still have these fragments of memories inside my head that I can’t seem to figure out. Now, I’m in one of our villas and it’s kind of located in the countryside so it’s isolated and quiet. There’s an old couple who’s taking care of that villa.

“Hello! Doyeon Ahjumma!” I greeted as I saw her taking out the trash.

“Miss Eunhee! It’s so good to be able to hear your voice again,” she kindly smiled at me.

I hugged her and felt relieved; she was somewhat like a mother to me. She took care of me a lot when I was a kid spending the summer in this villa. It’s just, I haven’t been back in this place since my parents died it just feels comforting for some reason.

“Are you hungry?” she asked.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“Well then, let’s go inside and I’ll make you something to eat,” she smiled as she led me inside the door.

As I went inside, there’s a huge family portrait of us placed on the wall. I stared at it and slowly reached out my hand to touch it while Doyeon ahjumma went to the kitchen.

“Miss Eunhee,” Junseo ahjussi called.

I looked at his direction and smiled. It looks like he went out fishing again, he absolutely loves it.

“When did you arrive?” he asked.

“Just now,” I smiled.

He looked at the portrait in front of me and gave off a very kind smile.

“They were very good people,” he muttered.

I nodded and gave a long sigh. And then a memory suddenly flashed inside my head, our family picture splashed with blood, shattered glass, and then I returned to reality.

“Miss, are you okay?” he asked, worried.

“Yes,” I exhaled and swallowed hard.

I suddenly felt chilly and scared. I clenched my trembling hands and took a deep breath.

I finished eating the food that Doyeon ahjumma made and it was still delicious as it was before. I went upstairs to my room and it’s so nostalgic. The bed, the large window, and a family picture on the side table. I miss this place.

Suddenly, another memory flashed in my mind again, a dark hallway and blood smudge on the wall. Then, I gasped as that line of memory stopped.

“My head hurts,” I groaned as I massaged my temple.

Then, I heard someone knocking in the front door. No one was answering it, the knocking just continued so, I got out of my room.

“Ahjumma?” I called.

But, there was no answer. So I walked downstairs and went to open the door. Behind that door was a man, he looks like he’s in his late 30’s, he looked somehow good-looking, and somehow familiar.

“Hello! I’m so glad someone’s home,” he smiled.

“Is something the matter?” I asked.

“Our car broke down somewhere near here and right now, my assistant is looking for someone that can fix it,” he explained.

“And, I’m really hungry. I will pay for your generosity,” he added.

“Please come on in,” I said.

He walked inside and I went to the kitchen to get some water. I poured the water in a glass and gave it to him. He drank it in a flash. He must be really thirsty…

I went back to the kitchen to look for something edible but the only food I found was cup ramyun. Without a choice, I poured the ingredients and hot water in it.

“I can’t really cook and it’s the only food I found, I hope that’s enough,” I shyly said.

“It’s more than enough,” he smiled.

He started slurping the ramyun as I went to the kitchen and started rummaging the fridge. It’s a good thing that I found some kimchi so, I also gave some to him.

“Thank you so much,” he cheered.

“Mister, what’s your name?” I asked while I stared at him.

“Nam Jaeho,” he smiled.

“I’m Jung Eunhee,” I smiled back

 

Here's an update for my lovely readers! Please leave some comments! I'm really curious what's on your mind. Lots of love!!!