Home

The Library

Mina arrived home crying.

"Honey you're home, you wouldn't believe what Mrs. Smith-" Adelia began but Mina cut her off.

"Stop, stop, STOP!" she yelled and ran upstairs and locked herself up in her room.

She didn't understand why her life was like that. She wasn't like the rest.

She knew her father would be furious if he found out she was associating with the poor, but she didn't care. She didn't care if she was looked down upon. She didn't care about the money.

She wasn't arrogant. She didn't even want that car in the first place.

She cried even harder as she flashebacked.

***Flashback***

"Look what I found Jacob!" little five year old Mina yelled out. Jacob was the maid's son and Mina's friend.

"Let me see that!" little Jacob yelled out and took the object from Mina's hands.

"You found the hidden treasure!" he said and they began to chase each other and laugh.

"Look at me, I'm a super hero! I can fly!" Jacob yelled out as he climbed a tall rock and prepared to jump off. Mina just closed her eyes hoping he wouldn't get hurt.

"See!" he yelled out, he was fine.

"I want to be a super hero too!" Mina yelled out and climbed an even higher rock.

Jacob didn't feel too good about it.

"Mina don't you might get hurt you know!"

Mina didn't listen. She closed her eyes and jumped off. Immediatly there was a scream.

"Help!" she yelled out and cried hard. There was blood on her head and on her leg.

Jacob ran and tried to look for help but instead found Mrs. Adelia Winters.

She ran immediately to her child.

"What in the world did you do you filthy poor disgusting child!" Adelia screamed and pushed the little kid to the ground.

"This is why you don't hang out with these filthy things, look at what happened to you!" Adelia yelled at her step daughter.

"Do not call my son that!" the maid screamed as she came into the scene.

"YOU. YOU and YOUR FILTHY kid, leave this place immediatly, and never come back. Don't even expect to get paid. LEAVE NOW!"

*End of Flashback*

Mina cried even harder remembering Jacob. She never saw him again. She hadn't ever seen her wealth as a problem, but she was beginning to see the bigger picture.

***

Adelia left back to NYC and Mina continued in bed for a week. She lost her appetite and was turning pale. She was sick.

The day had finally come, she had to return her books. She didn't even take her fancy car, but instead decided to walk.

When she entered the library she was greeted by the acne filled guy,

"Whoa, are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"I'm fine, is Kyung-" she began but was cut off by the guy.

"I'm sorry but no he's not here. They changed his shift and i'm not sure when he comes anymore..."

She nodded and returned her book and headed to her favorite spot. She looked for The Book Thief again and re-read the last chapter again. Crying she fell asleep.

She woke up when she heard someone cough. She looked around and saw no one in sight. She realized she was covered by a sweater. This was not hers. She looked outside the window, it was already 4pm. She had slept for 4 hours.

She continued to rest for awhile and then decided to get up. She got up and walked down the aisles.

"Kyungsoo" she whispered he turned around and as soon she was about to run to him. She felt her legs grow weak and she collapsed. She had fainted.

***

Mina regained consciousness once she was inside a vehicle.

"Mina are you alright?" she heard a soothing voice to her left.

"Kyungsoo, what happened?" she asked.

"You fainted, and you look so pale. Are you sick?" he asked extremely worrried. He had promised himself he would not speak to her again but his concern would not allow him to fulfill that promise.

"I haven't been able to eat" she whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"I havent had an appetite, I haven't eaten anything at all in 3 days..."

"Mina!" he complained.

"Kyungsoo, I am so sorry I didn't tell you my paren't were millionaires. I'm not like that...I'm not" she whispered and began to cry again.

"It's fine, I know. I'm sorry too, but Mina that's not a reason to not eat! C'mon let me help you get out, were here at the ER" he said and rushed out of his car and helped Mina get off. They walked carefully to the entrance, making sure she wasn't feeling too bad.

They treated her and helped her become stable. They told her she had a virus. It would go away by itself but she had to eat. They said she was vulnerable because of her stress and that had caused her immune system to drop. Kyungsoo nodded to all the instructions like a loving mother.

"Let me take you home, or did you leave the car at the library" Kyungsoo asked as he helped her get into her car. Embarrasment rising, he hadn't even had time to wash his car.

"I didn't bring my car, I walked-but Kyungsoo can you NOT take me home, please?" she asked almost in tears again.

His conscience didn't allow him to be mean. He calmfully got into his car.

"Then where should I take you? A friends house?" he asked calmly.

"A friend's house" she replied in almost a whisper.

"Alright, which friend? Where do they live?"

"Your home, I don't know where you live..." she managed to say.

"You want to go to my home?" he asked very seriously, turning the engine on.

"Can I?" she asked meekly.

"Mina..." he began but stopped himself.

"Fine, but if you don't like my home and you feel out of place. You brought this upon yourself, alright?" he said beginning to drive away.

Mina had a smile to her face again. She had always wondered where he lived. What kind of life HE was living.