Highway 101

The Library

Mina got off the airplane feeling hopeful and a bit light headed. She hadn’t stepped foot in California in a very long time and to be honest she wasn’t sure if she was ready to be back. She knew she would arrive before Kyungsoo so she grabbed her luggage and waited patiently for his plane to arrive.

The number of family members waiting for their relatives to arrive began to grow.

She just stood there with her luggage in hand. Shyly smiling to the one’s around her.

“Mina Winters?” someone whispered to her.

She turned around surprised.

There stood a girl smiling brightly at her. For a moment Mina wondered if she knew her but the girl’s face she did not recognize.

“Oh, hello” Mina replied shyly.

“I’m Regina, who are you waiting for?” she asked excitedly.

“Nice to meet you Regina, I’m waiting for my friends” Mina simply replied. She debated whether telling her the truth. She already knew Mina’s name, she was probably some kind of fan.

 Regina just giggled at Mina’s response and nodded.

“You know, I follow EXO on twitter” she whispered and giggled some more.

“Do you really? I don’t suppose you follow me” Mina replied. She wasn’t sure on what this girl was trying to tell her.

“I don’t suppose you get on Twitter often” Regina replied and took out her phone.

“I do follow you, but you don’t really get on much” she said and showed Mina her phone. Sure enough she did follow her.

Mina nodded. Still confused.

“I know they are going to arrive right now, but don’t worry I’m not crazy. I just want a picture” Regina said and smiled to Mina.

“Did they post that on Twitter?” Mina asked trying to be more open to the EXO fan.

“Yup” Regina replied.

“They’re crazy” Mina replied and smiled a bit. If a pack of fans arrived and tackled them, they would be to blame for their own misfortunes. Who posts their every movement on the internet?

“I think that’s them” Regina said and tapped Mina’s back. She pointed excitedly to the people arriving.

“How do you know?” Mina asked squinting. They were still too far away.

“Twitter and Instragram Mina! You have got to be more active on these! That’s the clothes they were wearing on their picture!” Regina said and burst out laughing.

“Oh my gosh!” she squealed full for excitement as they got closer.

Mina could only laugh. Regina was so bright and funny.

Mina had been so caught up with Regina’s reaction that she forgot about her very own reaction.

“Oh my gosh Regina, I have to go. It was so nice meeting you, I’ll follow you on Twitter later, okay? Bye!” Mina reacted quickly and with luggage in hands she ran to the nearest bathroom.

She hated the lines for the bathroom at the LAX airport but she somehow managed to get there with perfect timing.

There wasn’t a line.

She took a deep breath. She was so nerve wrecked it was wrong.

“It’s just Kyungsoo, your boyfriend” she whispered to herself. She looked at herself in the mirror and reassured herself that it would be okay. She practically had to give herself a pep talk but it worked. She stepped out and walked firmly to where they would be getting their luggage.

From a far she spotted a handsome man. Luggage already in hand and looking around.

He was looking for someone.

“Kyungsoo” Mina whispered to herself and smiled.

Mina began to walk faster towards him.

He looked her way, left his luggage behind and began running towards her.

Before they knew it, they were right in front of each other. Face to face.

They originally had so many things to say to each other, but at that moment they had forgotten it all.

***

Mina’s P.O.V

He pulled me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

How much I had longed for him to be in my arms again.

His scent, his touch. He was real and he was in front of me once more.

“Why did you leave me for such a long time?” he whispered. I could feel the pain in his voice.

“I won’t do it again” I whispered back to him with all my sincerity.

I pulled away to look into his eyes.

His eyes were teary, just like mine.

“Don’t worry, I won’t allow it anyways” he said and smiled.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him sweetly. I caressed his face and admired it.

“They dyed your hair another shade once more” I whispered to him as I ran my fingers through his hair.

“You would have hated the slightly reddish color I had a while back” he replied and grinned.

“I watched every performance love, I saw it and yes you are right. I hated it.” I replied back and kissed his cheek.

“Never again?” he asked with a big smile on his face.

“Never” I declared firmly.

“You guys are making me feel jealous but nauseous at the same time” I heard a voice whisper from behind Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo stepped aside and sure enough there stood another very handsome man.

“Kai!” I screamed in shock.

“Mina!” he replied with a small laugh.

“NOONA!!!” I heard a loud scream from a far.

“Oh no, run!” Kyungsoo said urgently.

I just laughed as Sehun almost tripped on his own luggage as he ran to me.

He hugged me tightly causing Kyungsoo to get a little defensive.

Kai and Kyungsoo pulled Sehun away from me.

“Nice to see you again Sehun” I addressed him and giggled.

“Where are the rest of the guys?” I asked looking around.

“That my friend, is a good question” Kai said and nodded as he looked around as well.

“We are here!”

We all turned around to see the rest of the guys smiling widely at us.

“You guys only get more handsome every time” I said to them and greeted each of them individually. They all had the wackiest stories to tell me.

“OKAY, OKAY we have got to go now. Everyone say bye to Mina” Suho said, having to raise his voice to quiet down the numerous guys.

“We will see you soon” they all said in unison to me and bowed. All except for Kyungsoo.

“You’re not going with them?” I asked confused.

“Nope”

“Aren’t you performing with them?”

“Not this time” he replied.

“Oh” I replied back still confused.

“C’mon Mina” he said to me and smiled. He grabbed a hold of my hand and we walked back to get his luggage.

With luggage in hand we walked out to the parking lot.

“I don’t have a car, do you have a car in the parking lot?” I asked as we crossed to the other side.

“Yup” he said with a grin.

How? I asked myself but walked with him to the parking lot anyways.

Sure enough, there was a car there. To my surprise.

“Kyungsoo, how the heck did you find this old thing?” I asked in pure shock. I circled the car and really looked at it. Everything was exactly the same.

“Your father never sold it, I mean really who would buy THIS. He simply kept it in one of his home’s here in Cali. They found it while investigating and I mean, it had all my papers so they contacted me about it”

I simply nodded at his answer. I never knew my father had a home in California, I was just glad this car was still around.

Kyungsoo opened the car door for me.

He got in and started the engine.

“Babe, where are we going?” I said and laughed as he began to drive away.

“Secret!” he replied and winked at me. I could only laugh and wonder.

It wasn’t until he got off the 405 to the 101 Freeway north that I realized where we were heading.

“Santa Barbara?” I asked. He just smiled.

“Have patience, you’ll see”

 

***************

Love you all so much! I promised I would update soon. I have got to keep my word!

Dang this story is so close to the end it's killing me!

Hope you guys can stick around for the end :)

Love Always,

the Author :D