Chapter 38

The annoying, Lee Minhyuk. (in the midst of editing)

(totally irrelevant gif to the chapter but he's just so precious. But yeah...Minhyuk feels T-T)

http://youtu.be/0koKS5aS-2c

 


 
Minhyuks' Perspective:
 
                 6 long and difficult years….led up to this very day. The day I finally get to see ______________. How I’ve longed for her touch, her smile, her presence…. How I’ve longed for her to be in my arms again. As I believed that my world was crumbling it started to built itself again. I felt my heart racing rapidly, like, the first time I met her my words could not form properly. I felt myself getting lost in thought. What if she hated me now? What if she didn’t want to see me? What was I supposed to do? I couldn’t seem to keep myself composed. I was getting anxious, the closer we got to the art show. I’ve missed her….. 
 
                 The car finally came to a stop and I stared outside my window to take a look at the building. It seemed normal…just like any other building, nothing usual. Outside was a little whiteboard, advertising about the art show that was happening inside. The driver in the front seat got out of the car as he quickly made his way to my side of the car and opens the door for me. I step out in the sun, as it slightly blinds me. I then pull out the sunglasses from my pocket and place them upon my eyes. It was around 5:30 and the show doesn’t start till 6. I may be a bit early but it means more time for me to talk to her, and to clear up the misunderstandings we had for one another.  I quickly made my way inside as I looked at the two girls mending the front desk. 
“Hi, there…The show doesn’t start till 6.”
“I know. I’m actually here to see the artist. I’m a friend of hers and she told me to come by a little earlier to help out.”
“Oh, if that’s the case….You’ll be able to find her on the very top floor. Just take the stairs to my right and continue to walk up to the 3rd level. She‘s actually painting right now. So, try not to disturb her too much.”
“Thank you.”
I made my way to the left as I headed for the stairs. As I headed for the direction to where the stairs are I heard soft whispers coming from the two girls. 
“Isn’t that Lee, Minhyuk?”
“Woah, I can’t believe _____________’s friends with him.”
“He’s so hot.”
“And he’s loaded.”
Typical… Just how everyone else in the world views me. I disregarded their stupid comments and made my way to the 3rd floor. I walked down the narrow hallway as I reached  a door, possibly the only door in this entire floor. The building wasn’t humongous so I wasn’t surprise to find only one room in this level. I quietly reached in for the door, as I made sure I didn’t create such a ruckus. I walked into the room as I was greeted by a long wall with paintings of all sorts. I crept quietly, as I held onto the wall, and took a little peep at the opening to the art studio. As I observed the place…there seemed to be no one in sight. I was confused…she was supposed to be here. But then as I stared straight ahead I found her. She was at the very end of the room, painting, on her recent piece. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, with her earphones placed in her ears. She was the exact same…. She blasted her music, just like before. She blocked off the world around her, as she got entrapped into a whole new world. She was getting lost in her paintings….and I was falling in love with her, all over again. The way her hand slid across the canvas from one way to the other, as if she was the conductor of a music show. I was at awe at the way she painted….This is how I fell for her. This very exact image is what made me tense up, get nervous,  and act like myself….It was the sirens’ song…It was my siren singing me a song. 
“____________!” I heard a voice call from outside. I panicked from the random outburst and quickly tried to find a place where I could hide myself. I didn’t know what went over me….but I wasn’t ready to face her just yet. 
“_______________!” A person bursts the door open and continues to yell out her name. 
“_______________!” It was a guy……He continues to walk on over to _______________’s side as he notices that her earphones were on her ears. He leans in a little bit and grabs them out of her ears. I felt the jealousy boil up inside me. But, I shouldn’t make quick assumptions. 
“Oh, Changsub oppa. What are you doing here?” She says surprisingly. 
“Nothing ~ Just here to see my hoobaes art work. I see the one you’re working on now is turning out perfect, as always.”
“You’re such a joker.”
“I’m not kidding. It’s actually really good. You can feel the emotions jumping out of the canvas and onto the viewer. It’s truly breathtaking. But….the painting is so sad. Why do you always create such gloomy paintings?”
“…..It’s just how I feel oppa. But, this certain piece is dedicated to someone very important to me.”
“Oh, really who is it?”
“Secret.” She says jokingly.
“Why is it a dove though?”
“I wanted the dove to represent freedom….I wanted to be able to free the dove from it’s cage, of sadness, and of misery. That’s why it’s flying towards the sky….to be happy.”
“You’ve always been such a great artist. By the way, when I came here the two girls downstairs said that there was someone who came up here earlier looking for you.”
“Really, who?”
“I don’t remember the name….They said it was a friend of yours or something.”
“Well, no one really came up here. If they did I would’ve known.”
“What are you talking about? Once, you start painting you turn the whole world off and continue to live in the painting world.”
She starts to laugh at his comment. 
“Anyways, the reason why I really came up here is because someone downstairs is asking where they should hang the paintings up.”
“Oh okay.” 
She takes off her apron and places the palette and the brush down by the table.
“Let’s go.”
She says to the guy by her side.
“Alright.”
They both continue to make small chatter as they walk out of the room and downstairs to the art show. I stood up from my hiding spot as soon as I heard them gone. I continue to walk towards her new art piece as I stare at the troubled dove, flying towards the sun. I felt my heart get heavier as I stared at it.  I raised my hand forward, reaching in, to touch the delicate bird. And slowly tears were falling out of my eyes. 
 
___________________________________
 
 
                 I continued to wait outside till the actual show started happening. I really wasn’t ready to face her. I knew that once I saw her I would cry even more than a baby who lost her mother. And finally when the clock striked 6 people continued to walk on inside the building to see ______________’s art show. I’m so proud of her, that she finally reached her dreams and her goals, and people were there to view her pieces. I got out of the car as I made my way into the crowd and into the art show. People were discussing amongst one another as they took turns looking at each of the art work. Then at the centre of the room a person walks up as they call for every ones attention.
“Excuse me! May I have the everyones’ attention please ! I’m so glad to have everyone here, tonight, to be able to witness the great art work of a really, close, personal friend of mine. I hope that by tonight, each and every art piece may be able to touch your hearts, like the way it reached out to me. And with no further ado, I present to you, the creator of these beautiful pieces, ________________!” The girl walks out of the way as _________________ walks down to the middle of the room, capturing everyones’ attention. She was breathtaking. Her hair was out of the messy bun and she was out of her casual clothes. Her hair were in tight curls as it fell upon her shoulders and reached down to her spine. As she walked, her hair swayed back and forth as if it were putting on a little dance. The dress she wore helped define her sleek, and beautiful curves. It fit her in all the right places. She grew up….from a girl into a woman. From our first date, and last, she wore a small flowy black dress, that allowed to emphasis her innocence. But this dress allowed to accentuate her inner warrior. An innocent girl who didn’t know much about life but know a warrior…. A warrior who had to face the harshness of the cold world and fought her way to the top….. She had on red heels, that weren’t too tall, that made her stand with elegance. They were about the right height and size, it made her look sophisticated and classy. She held a wine glass on her hand and a small black clutch on the other. Right by her neck was the necklace….the necklace I gave to her on her birthday. It marked both our initials as it shone from the spotlight that was hitting her.
“Good evening, everyone. I would just like to say, thank you, for taking your time out of your schedules to come and watch this art show. I hope that you will enjoy the pieces that I have created as I let you into my world. I hope you all enjoy and have a great time. Thank you.”
Everyone claps in unison as she finally finishes talking. And then she walks into the crowd and everyone starts to dismiss as they look at all her paintings. I peep my head over to be able to find her but I seemed to have lost her. 
 
            After a few minutes of searching I decided it was going to be really tough to be able to find her. So, I decided to just walk around the exhibit as I observed each and every one of her piece. As I looked at each one you could tell that she was welcoming the audience into her life, or into her own little world. There were only a certain few that gave of the feeling of happiness but a whole lot of them gave off the feeling of bitterness, and depression. I felt myself sink in as if I were the one who caused her grief…..I really am sorry. I continued to walk as I made my way to her last and most popular piece. Well, that’s what I keep hearing from the people around me. Apparently, this piece was her most favourite and personal one. So, I continued to walk and stopped as soon as I saw the large canvas. My heart stopped as I looked at the painting. I walked slower, towards the painting, as I felt gravity holding onto my legs. My eyes were starting to water, but I tried my best to hold it in. It….It was a painting of the necklace I gave her….The intricacy of the necklace…and the very detail…right down to the chain…she captured it all. The very essence of the necklace….she grasped it at her very reach. The letters M and ____ stood out from the entire piece, which made my heart tremble even more. And at the very side of the painting was a quote that she wrote. 
 
Wherever you may be, may happiness find you…
This is all I wish for…
 
I felt my heart sank, to a bottomless pit. My insides stirred as I continued to stare at her piece. 
“Isn’t it beautiful?” A voice speaks out from right beside me.
“Y-y-yes…” I say as I stutter. I couldn’t seem to be able to find myself and I felt like I was losing it. 
“……I feel like this painting was just for me.”
“I’m sure the artist would be very happy to hear that.” The stranger continues to say.
“Did you know? This is her most favourite piece.”
“…... It‘s also one of my favourites…..”
“Want to hear a little story? Just between you and me. Since, you like this painting so much.”
“…..sure.”
“This painting was to her lover…..a man she loved abundantly. She wanted to be able to show this piece to him… one day. That’s why she struggles so hard to become one of the greatest artist out there. Maybe, one day she’ll be able to show this painting to him…So, that her message would reach out to him and tell him that everything will be alright….that he may be able to find happiness in the littlest of things. And that he shouldn’t be sad anymore because in spirit she is still cheering him on…that even though they are apart…. And that they can’t be together….she still loves him. With all her heart.”
Her voice….her story.....it was all too familiar. I felt myself freeze in shock….I couldn’t seem to find the strength in me to turn my body and look at her straight in the face. 
“I hope this painting will be able to touch your heart tonight….and make you feel a little at ease. May happiness find you….That’s what the artist would have definitely said. Anyways, enjoy the rest of the show.”
The stranger turns the other way as she continues to walk away from me. I turn around to her direction to find the long, curly, brown hair disappear within the crowd. I felt the adrenaline flow through my body as I continued to chase her.