Chapter 15

The annoying, Lee Minhyuk. (in the midst of editing)

http://youtu.be/0hVLUunGB3g

 


Minhyuks' Perspective

        “Yeah, oppa. Let’s go inside.”
Two girls grab onto my arms as they drag me inside the classroom. They pull my body in but I try my best to slow them down a bit so I can see the back of ____________.……What happened to her?
“Oppa, why do you keep looking at her?” One of the girl pouts. 
“What did you do to her?” I stare back at her, as anger fills my eyes. 
“We didn’t do anything.”
“I’ll ask you one more time. What did you do to her?!” I grab her wrist as I bring her in closer to me, hoping I can get the answer out of her.
“Oppa….C-c-c-can you let go? It hurts” She starts to shake from fear. I didn’t even realize it but I was squeezing the blood out of her wrists from all the anger that built up inside me. I shook my head as I let go of her wrist. I backed away slowly, ashamed and confused. A bunch of the other girls come over to her side as they comfort her. They all stare at me, with confused eyes; as to why I would do that to them. 
“I-I-I’m sorry.” I turn around, and walk out of the class. 
 
       I ran down the hallways, searching and opening every classroom. Checking if ___________ was there. But then a girl appears out of nowhere and blocks my way.
“What are you doing Minhyuk?” She patiently waits for my answer. 
“Don’t tell me you’re looking for ______________.”
“Excuse me, do I know you ?”
“Oh…I’m the girl who sits in front of ______________. My name is Lydia.” she places her hand out in front of me; offering for me to shake it.
“Oh ! You’re ____________________s’ best friend. By any chance do you know where she went?”
I started to get antsy with the thought of where _____________________ went. I needed to know where she is. I promised I wouldn’t leave her…..I promised. 
“Please, it’s very urgent.”
“Why are you in such a hurry? Just relax she’ll be fine.” She brings her hands around my neck and plays around with the back of my hair.
“I don’t know if you noticed but your best friend is covered in flour and eggs. She’s clearly hurt. So, if you were really a true friend then you would be out searching for her.” I grab her hands and push her away from me.
She stands there shocked at what I just said.
“Why do you care about her so much anyways ?”
“I made a promise with her.”
“So you two are dating. It wasn’t just a kiss….you two are dating.”
“What if we are? Why does it concern you?”
She falls down, feeling defeated and brings her hands over her eyes…..Why is she crying? Whatever, I don’t have time for this. I ran as fast as I could, trying to find _________________. 
I take a short breather, thinking, where she could possibly be. Then it hit me. 
“The rooftop!” I ran with all my might as I head to the rooftop. Just when I open the door to the roof I slowly peak in.
“______________?”
Then I froze, as I heard loud screams coming from the rooftop. They were such pained screams. The type of scream that pierces through your very soul. I slowly walked towards the noise and saw the back of ______________. I stood still, trying my best to walk towards her. But, my body didn’t move. They didn’t want to move. 
“Please.” I whisper. Encouraging my legs to move to her. But, then thoughts slowly started to fill my mind. Flashbacks, would come here and there. Allowing me to get light headed. I hold on to the railing trying to find my balance. Her crying reminded me of my mother. The nights, where she would cry…… the nights a little boy would see her own mother cry like that. I remembered everything. 
 
My mom kept yelling that night. She kept screaming, hoping someone out there could hear the amount of pain she was going through. She kept punching the floor, wishing the pain would go away. She brings her knees, closer to her body and cries; louder and louder. My father was working late that night so he wasn’t at home. I stood there….scared to approach her. I have never seen my mom break down like that. She was always smiling, giving me kisses, and making me laugh. Was she broken? This wasn’t how moms’ were supposed to be. I took tiny steps towards her as I stood behind her back. She crawls towards her cabinet and searches for something. She takes out a small-tubed containter of medication. She opens it as she pours out the tablets onto her hands. Laughing hysterically, she slowly puts them all in . She takes one huge gulp and starts to pull her hair out. Then suddenly the medicine she took starts to kick in. She started to convulse, and started having seizures. started to water, like a rabid dog. I was trying to close my eyes, but my body wouldn't listen. The feeling of fear took over my body. She looked like she was going insane. But then, she started to feel light headed and her body started to tip back and forth.
“Eomma !” I rush over to her side as she fell into my arms.
“Eomma ?! EOMMA !” Please, please don’t leave me. 
“EOMMA !” I shake her body as she slowly closes her eyes. turning into a smile.
“NOONA ! EOMMA ! EOMMA NEEDS HELP NOONA !”
 
“Hey! What happened?!”
Another voice interrupts the flashback I was having. Then, I see a guy rush over to her side. I walk back trying to keep myself hidden. He brings her in closer and hugs her tightly. I felt my body tense up as he started to touch her like that. He grabbed her hands with such care…..He wasn’t afraid. He wasn’t scared like me.
“Why am I such a ?” I rest on the wall as I lean my head back.  I run my fingers through my hair, in frustration. I pulled my hands into a fist as I smash it against the wall.
“Stupid…all you had to do was protect her. That’s all you had to do…”
“____________! Are you okay ?! _________________!” I jolt up from the guys screams and turn back to see what was happening. She fainted…..What?! He rushes over to where I was, trying to bring her to the nurses’ office. I runaway first hoping he doesn’t see me. 
 
___________________________________________
 
         I wait outside the nurses’ office till the guy and the nurse walked out of the room. I snuck in carefully into the room, with great success. No one was inside but her. I took a chair that was placed right by her bed. She stood perfectly still in that room, almost like she was sleeping. I brushed her hair out of her face as I grabbed her hand. I bring her hand towards my forehead as I slowly started to weep.
“I’m sorry….I’m sorry I didn’t get to protect you. I should’ve been the one hugging you. I should’ve been the one telling you it’ll be okay. I’m so stupid.” I cry a little louder; holding her hands tighter….never letting go.
“Why couldn’t I move my legs? Why? I’m sorry for getting so jealous so easily. I’m sorry for being so selfish….I’m sorry I want you all to myself. I should’ve never even gotten jealous. I should be glad that someone cared for you before I could….but why did I get so angry.” 
Then , I heard the doors slide open. I quickly hid myself under the bed.
A pair of legs sit in front of me….It was probably the guy from earlier.
“I wonder what happened to her?” he questions. 
“I’ll just take a nap here and wait till she wakes up. I’ll watch over you for a little bit ~” 
 
           I waited till the guy fell into a deep slumber. I crawl out under the bed and head for the exit. I pant, heavily, as I felt my heart beat going faster. I leaned against the wall, in relief I didn’t get caught.
“I’m sorry.”