Chapter 28

The annoying, Lee Minhyuk. (in the midst of editing)

http://youtu.be/d1ni1sVCgEk

 


              You were on your way home from school with Minhyuk holding onto your hand. The both of you swung your hands in unison, like little kids excited to get home. 
“Hey, race you home?” You suggested. 
“It’s on.”
“Ready, set..” You ran as fast as you could as you left him behind. 
“GO!”
“Hey ! That’s cheating!”
You quickened up the pace as Minhyuk started to close in on you. Just when you were inches away from your house you start to slow down as you see an old man, around his 40s, with a suit on and a suitcase in his hand….standing in front of your door.
“I wonder what business he has here…..”
You start to walk towards the house as you hesitate to call out on him. 
“Ummmmm….excuse me?” 
The man turns around, abruptly, and faces you. 
“Hi….Do you by any chance live here?”
“Uh…Yes, I do. May I help you?”
“Is Minhyuk here?”
“What are you doing here?” You turn around to find Minhyuk standing across from you. The tone in his voice changed from the kind hearted boyfriend, to a strangers'. He kept glaring at the mysterious man as if he had angered built up inside him. 
“Why are you here?”
“Minhyuk-ah it’s time to go home.”
“Home?” You asked looking confused.
“Get out of here. You didn’t want me in the first place and now you’re back?! For what? To take me away when I was finally happy…..No, I’m not going back with you.”
Minhyuk stomps over to your side and grabs onto your wrist. He then drags you along as he brings you inside the house. 
“But…”
He slams the door on his face without giving it a second thought. 
“Who is he?” You ask him.
“My father. Now, may I be excused.” 
He puts his hands on his temples and makes his way upstairs and into his room.
“His father…..That was Mr.Lee…..”
 
_________________________________________
 
                You walk to Minhyuks’ room, wondering, if you should knock on his door.
“Ah, this is so frustrating. I’ve never dealt with him like this before…..okay, I have to do it. Just do it.”
You bring your hand to his door and finally decided to knock. 
“Minhyuk-ah ~ You’re needed downstairs.”
Silence….He didn’t even bother to answer the door. 
“He must be really angry.” 
You walked away from the door and continued to walk down the stairs. 
“What?” Minhyuk pokes his head out of his door as he searches for you.
“Uhmmm…You’re needed downstairs.”
“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.”
“Okay.” 
He closes his door again and you make your way back down. As you walk towards the kitchen you find Minhyuks’ father and your dad, having a cup of tea as they talk amongst themselves. You bow towards Mr.Lee and gave a little self introduction. 
“Hi, Mr.Lee. I’m ________________. It’s nice to see you again.”
“Aren’t you all grown up now? You’re such a beautiful young lady.”
“Thank you so much.”
“Here, join us and have a seat.”
“Uhmmm….okay.”
“Where’s Minhyuk?” Your dad asks. 
“He’s on his way.”
“Why is he here?” Minhyuk questions.
“Speaking of the devil.”
“Who brought him in here ?!”
“Minhyuk, show some respect to your father” Your dad slowly starts to get defensive at Minhyuks’ remarks. 
“Take a seat we have some important things to talk about.” Your father continues. 
“Not with him there.”
“Minhyuk-ah…. Please.” You plead for him to cooperate this once. You just didn’t want a family feud to happen right in front of your eyes. He finally understands what you’re trying to say and sits down right beside you.
“I don’t like where this is going.” He whispers in your ear.
“Let’s just listen to what the adults have to say. I’m pretty sure it will be okay.” 
Minhyuk places his hand on yours as he interlocks with your fingers. He squeezes onto them tighter as he finally faces his father.
“I’m glad you’re alright and well.  Mr.___________ must’ve taken good care of you.”
“Better then you ever had.” He whispers.
You nudge Minhyuk lightly so that he would behave. He gives you a displeasing stare with that unnecessary nudge.
“Well, I have some great news.” Mr. Lee says brightly.
“The company is finally back on track and not bankrupt anymore. Mr.__________ can work with me again.”
“That sounds great.” Your father says enthusiastically.
“On that note…..Minhyuk I need you to move back to the mansion.”