Chapter 30

The annoying, Lee Minhyuk. (in the midst of editing)

http://youtu.be/cMo0Qx9kXlk

 


              You finally bring yourself to walk back inside your house as you stayed a few hours outside your home. You walk inside as your father greets you with a hug. 
“Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick.”
“Sorry….I just wanted to think. Where’s Minhyuk?”
“He’s still looking for you.”
“Oh, okay….I’ll just head on upstairs.”
“Wait.” 
Your father holds onto your arm before you head on up to your room.
“We need to talk.”
“Can it wait?”
“No, it can’t. This needs to be discussed now. Let’s talk in the kitchen.”
You knew your father was serious and wasn’t going to let this go. So you followed his instructions and head on to the kitchen. You sat across from your father and never bothered to face him because you were afraid where this conversation was going to lead to. 
“You know Minhyuk has to leave soon. It was going to happen sooner or later, but I guess it’s soon…..”
“Dad, please.”
“We need to talk about this now. You have to be able to let go off him the day he leaves. I don’t want to see you hurting on the day he goes away.”
“Who said he was going to leave?”
“____________-ah. Let’s be realistic here. He belongs up there and we belong down here.  You knew that his father was going to come and collect him later on…. Minhyuk, was only here for a little vacation. He was only here for a temporary time in our life…..I just didn’t expect for the two of you to fall in love with each other.”
“Appa…Please. I know….. I know , already.”
You clench your fist on your shirt, tighter and tighter.
“I know…..But just this once….Why can’t I be selfish? I always have to think about others, help out others, do what’s right for other people….but, this time, why can’t I just get what I want?”
You felt your visions starting to blur from the water forming in your eyes. Your father quickly goes over to your side and gives you a hug. The smell and comfort of your father made you feel a little at ease. But, it still hurts….Just thinking about Minhyuk, possibly, leaving you. 
“It’s not the end of the world. You can still chat with him, talk to him on the phone, meet up on certain days.”
“It won’t be the same…”
“It’s going to be hard…but I’ll be with you every step of the way. Appa, will always be here supporting my little baby.”
“Appa…..Why does life always like giving me surprises?”
“Because she knows that you’re a strong girl. She knows that no matter what she throws at you, you will be able to handle it.”
“But, what if I can’t do it this time around ? What if I can‘t handle it?”
“____________-ah this is just a little bump in the road. You will be able too. I know you. You are a strong girl. You are my daughter. So, I know you can do this.”
“Appa…..I love him so much.” You continue to weep on his shoulder.
“I know…I know you do.”
“Why didn’t I see this coming? I should’ve distanced myself from him. I should’ve just never fell for him. I should’ve continued to hate him…..Why must he like me back?…… Is it possible for him not to leave?”
“ You know that can’t happen. Our devotion belongs to Mr.Lee. Whatever he wants we must follow. Minhyuk is not who we devote our life to and you know that. Mr.Lee was the man who helped fix this family. He was the one.”
“Must he really leave?”
“I’m not leaving.” You bring your head up and find Minhyuk standing across from you.
“I’ll leave you two alone.” Your father stands up from his seat as he exits out of the kitchen. 
Minhyuk makes his way to your side and kneels down so that he can get at your eye level. He then takes your hand as he holds it in his. 
“I’m not going to leave you.”
“Stop….. I know how this will end.” 
You put your hands against your eyes as you rub the tears away. 
“I’m being serious. I talked it over with my old man.”
“Minhyuk…..”
“I don’t care what he says, or what my grandma says, or what anyone else says…..I’m not leaving you…..The only person who can make me leave is you. That’s if you want me to leave.”
“I don’t want your father to get angry with you because of this decision.”
“Your more important to me than he is. He can get angry all he wants but I’ll never return to that hell hole. Please, don’t send me back there. I’m happier with you.”
“Pabo.”
He brings you into a hug and nuzzles his head on your shoulder. 
“We’ll be in this together. Me and you. I’ll protect you. No matter what happens.”
“Mmm” You nod your head in agreement to the verbal contract. It was now you and Minhyuk against everybody else.