Chapter 1

The annoying, Lee Minhyuk. (in the midst of editing)

http://youtu.be/zJcwFB-wXfQ

 


                 It was just one of those days. One of those days where you were tired of the people around you. You didn’t mind being alone. You liked it but you also craved and wanted the attention and comfort of another human being. But it was just too hard to find…..to find that one person who’ll be able to make you feel like you are the only one that matters. There will be days where you feel like dying, so thoughts of death and killing yourself fill your mind. But, there will be days where you just can’t stop smiling and everything around you just makes you happy. That was just the kind of person you were. You weren’t suicidal. You were just being you. But, because of the way you were people were afraid that you would kill yourself one day. They thought you were crazy.
 
           As you get lost in the thoughts of your mind someone from behind pulls your earphones from your ears. 
“Hey,_____! Why won’t you listen to me?! Here I am talking like no tomorrow and you aren’t even listening to me. What kind of best friend are you ?!” This is Lydia. You can call her your best friend….or just a friend. She’s the only girl in your class who had enough guts to come up and talk to you. You just gave off an unfriendly aura on the first day and everyone just made assumptions that you were the class bully. But Lydia had guts and started talking to you first. After that, your friendship just bloomed. But the thing about Lydia is all she does is talk about herself. You didn’t mind that she did but sometimes it just got to the point where you didn’t want to hear her talk anymore. Sometimes, you just wish that she hadn’t talked to you first. 
“Sorry, I was just….thinking.”
“That’s all you ever do ! Why don’t you share some of your thoughts for once ?!”
“….I don’t really want to.”
“But, best friends are supposed to tell each other everything !”
“ …Lydia, I really don’t mind if I just listened. I like it that way. I don’t really like talking about myself. You know that.”
“ Fine ! But, it’s just not fair !” She whines. 
“Just continue on with your story.” 
“Okay, okay….Anyways, he kept sending me texts and we text each other everyday. It gets annoying sometimes. But, I like the attention he gives me. Then he finally asked me out. At first I didn’t want to because I don’t think he looks cute. But, he is the most popular boy in our school and going out with him would give me more recognition in our class. Not that I need that anymore but knowing me and him would be dating would be seen as the perfect couple don’t you think ?” You nodd , looking uninterested with what she was talking about….and this was your typical conversations with Lydia. Shallow, self-centered and pointless. You tried escaping from Lydia before but for some odd reason she would always find you. It was like you had some type of Lydia magnet tied around your neck. You didn’t even understand why she kept hanging around you. You were the total opposite from her. You were quiet, timid, dark, awkward, shy and likes heavy metal. She is eccentric, outgoing, annoying, talkative and likes pop. You were both the total opposites of the social status spectrum but, for some odd reason she considers you as one of her closest friends….. Or her only real friend, for that matter. She has tons of friends at school but she bad mouths each and everyone of them behind their back. I guess that’s why you both clicked. You both hated the people in your class. Except she fakes it with them and you were just being real. 
“Hey….imma head to the art studio. I need to go finish up my painting.”
“Awwwww ! I was going to go ask you if you can come with me to get manicures !”
“Sorry. Maybe next time.”
“Fine, fine. You owe me one.”
Lydia and you part your ways as she heads to the direction of the salon and you head to the school. 
 
  _______________________________________________
 
                      Art was something you truly enjoyed. You just couldn’t get enough of it. On certain days like these where you feel like the whole world is against you, you always turn to painting. It always seems to know how to calm you down. You put both your earphones on your ears as you searched for a good song to listen to. You started painting away, just letting the paint brush lead you. No matter how much you tried not to get emotional over painting you always seem to find yourself in tears. You slowly started to get lost in the painting as you let the paint brush touch the canvas. You stood up from your seat as you slowly step away from the painting. You tilt your head to the side as you try to figure out if it looked alright. Just then a hand removes one of your earphones as they whisper,
“It looks fine. I actually really like it.”
You get startled from the random remark the stranger makes as you turn around to see a boy about your age. He was tall and definitely good looking. Good looking in a way where he looked like he’s about to debut for a kpop group. To you that wasn’t really your type. But, to Lydia it was definitely her type. 
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” He smiles so hard that his eyes slowly started to disappear. His grin was big and mischievous.  
“….No it’s okay.” You turn back around pissed off as you walked back to your seat. You continue to paint like nothing ever happened. He pulls a chair right beside yours as he stares at the canvas you are painting on. 
“So, do you draw too ? Or sculpt?” You ignore him as you continue to paint. 
“Not much of a talker huh? But, I really do like the piece you are working on. It’s so different. The colors are so odd but seem to work and the details on the painting are so live like. It is also very dark and eerie. I love it !”
You turn to face him, pissed off. 
“I don’t know if you’ve noticed I’m kind of in the middle of painting something and you are really starting to annoy me. Like….who are you ?! I don’t even know you !” This was the first time you ever exploded in front of someone. Not even Lydia has made you this angry that you would yell at her. 
“Oh, I’m sorry for being rude. My name is Lee, Minhyuk. I didn’t mean to annoy you but I’ll be here way more often.”
“and why would you do that?”
“Well, for starters I’m going to go to the same school you are going to.” He points to your uniform.
“and I am an art student just like you. So I’ll be in the art studio more often and since I might see you here a lot I wanted to be friends with you.”
“Oh…Can you do me a favour and just leave? And, I really don’t like when I’m being interrupted while I’m painting or working on my pieces. Plus, I don’t like making friends.” You put your earphone back on as you continue to paint. He stands up from his chair as he walks away with his head down. You didn’t mean to seem rude but today was supposed to be a day where it was just you and the painting. You didn’t want anyone else disturbing you. On top of all that you were in a bummy mood and you didn’t want to talk to Mr.imsocuriousabouteverything. As he walks out of the room you continue to paint as you get into a whole new world.