First Period

The Small Little Things

 

 

 “Hello, my name is Kwon Ara. Please take care of me.” I bowed to the class. Everyone started murmuring and I heard good comments but bad ones too. 

“She’s pretty~”

“Wasn’t she the one who bumped into Queenka Hanmi today?”

“She’s hot!”

“Isn’t she the one who talked to my Zelo today?”

Zelo? Isn’t he that blue haired kid?

“Ms.Kwon, you may sit in the back with Jung Daehyun.” I looked at the back and saw the guy with the mask.

People’s murmurs got even louder and all the girls glared at me. I’m guessing the masked guy must be popular.

As I walked to the table in the back, one of the girls purposely stuck out their leg and tripped me. I closed my eyes waiting for my body to meet the cold tiled floor. Instesd I felt warmth and my body was definitely not on the floor. I slowly opened my eyes to see a blue hair.  

Zelo looked into my eyes worriedly and asked “You ok?” I nodded and got up. “Thanks.” I murmured as I walked to the back table.

I didn’t think the people’s murmurs could get any louder, but it did. I heard many girls whispering to each other about me being a b**ch and all. I just ignored the comments and tried not to look at anyone. Everyone settled down when the teacher wacked the wooden ruler on the board. “Be quiet!” his voice screeched. He put his ruler down and began to blabber random things about algebra.

“Hey, Ara. Wake up. Ara.” I felt a tap on my shoulder. I fluttered my eyes open to see Zelo.

“Oh, hey.” I said still a bit hazy. “Where did everyone go?” I blinked a few times.

“It’s lunch time.” Zelo said while blinking rapidly.

“Oh, thanks for telling me.” I picked up my bag and was about to head out the door when Zelo grabbed my arm.

“D-do you want to sit with m-me? I-I can show you around the school afterwards too.” He shyly muttered.

“Sure.” I gave him a small smile. He did catch me when I fell and it’d be rude if I declined his offer again. He brightened and smiled wide. “Let’s go.” He led the way.