Bye

The Small Little Things

Zzz… Zzz… Zzz…

            My eyes fluttered opened as I heard my phone ring. I quickly snatched it and turned off the alarm. I tried to get out of bed but felt a hand wrapped around mine. I turned to my right to see Daehyun. My eyes widened and I blinked a couple times. I felt heart beat against my chest again and blushed. I slowly pulled my hand out of his grip and got out of bed. I quietly walked out of the room and went downstairs.

            “Ow.” I accidently dropped my phone on my foot as I packed up my things in my bag. I checked the time on the clock- 4:45am. I sighed and took out 6 colored letters from my bag.

            I walked inside each of their rooms and placed an letter on each of their desks. I placed the 5th letter on a desk and walked to the other desk. The last letter. I hesitated to put the letter and turned around to leave. I stopped in my tracks and looked back. I sighed to myself and swiftly placed the letter on the desk and left the room.

            “Bye guys.” I whispered softly as I stepped out of the house. I close the door which was accidently slammed due to the wind. “Oops,” I bit my lip in worry. “Probably no one woke up.” I shrugged it off and walked to my house for the rest of my luggage.

            But, I was wrong. Two people woke up, not from the noise, but from the discomfort they were feeling.

            Daehyun started to cringe and sweat buckets. He was having a nightmare, about you.

            “Ara? Ara? Where are you going?” Daehyun asked confused as he watched to walk away. Everything was blurry and all you could see was fog. “Ara? Ara, come back. This isn’t funny.” Daehyun started to worry. “Ara! Ara!” He started to run after you. “ARA!” as he screamed your name, you slowly disappeared into the fog. “A-ARA!” Daehyun ran in full speed, but you were now gone. “ARA! ARA!”

            “Ara!” Daehyun screamed as his eyes fluttered open. He quickly turned to his side to no longer see your presence. “A-Ara.” His lips trembled. He stood up from his bed and ran out of his room. He ran into everyone’s room looking for you and even looked down in the basement. He raked his hair in frustration and ran back to his room hoping you were there somehow. He groaned in anger not seeing you anywhere. Even your bags were gone. He was about to go looking for you around the house again when a small baby blue envelope caught his eye. He dashed to his desk and opened the envelope to see a letter inside.

            “I-It’s from A-Ara.” His lips trembled. He slowly opened the letter and tears slowly formed in his eyes.

            Dear Daehyun,

            Uhm hey Daehyun, it’s me Ara. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier but I’m leaving today. I was really happy that I was able to spend my last few days here with you and the guys, and I’m really thankful for everything you did for me. You were there for me when I needed you and we had some weird moments together but I enjoyed every little minute of it. You were able to make me smile and laugh so easily at times hard times and made me feel… special. You always knew what to say and took care of me as if we didn’t meet just a few weeks ago. You turned my gloomy world upside down. Of course with the help of the other guys too ^^. I’m really going to miss you Daehyun. Thanks for everything, bye.

            “No, no, no.” Daehyun gripped onto the paper. He looked at the clock on his bed stand- 5:16am. He swiftly grabbed his jacket and ran out to grab a taxi.

             “Please don’t leave yet.” Daehyun muttered to himself as he fidgeted in the taxi cab. Unfortunately, there was horrible traffic. Daehyun groaned and took out some money from his pockets. “I’ll go myself from here Ahjussi.” Daehyun paid the driver and hopped out of the car. The airport was still 10 minutes away but Daehyun didn’t care and just ran as fast as he can. He didn’t want you gone just yet. He didn’t even say goodbye. He breathed heavily as he kept on running. Finally in about 8 minutes he arrived at the airport. It was now-5:35. He ran inside and started looking around the whole place, calling your name. “Ara! Ara!” People looked at him as if he was crazy but he couldn’t care less. He needed to find you and that’s the only thing that mattered to him right now. 

            After Daehyun left the house, someone else woke up.

            “Ugh.” Zelo groaned as he woke up. He looked at the clock-5:19am. He made a face and tried to go back to sleep. He turned and twisted but couldn’t fall back asleep. He couldn’t help but to feel uneasy inside. He wasn’t sure why but he just did. He stood up to get a glass of water but noticed a blue piece of paper on his desk. He opened the letter slightly confused.

            Dear Zelo,

            I know you don’t want to speak to me but at least let me say goodbye. I’m leaving back to my hometown. Don’t worry, you’re not the whole reason why. I can’t pay for my house anymore so I’m now going to take my leave. I’ll probably already be on the airplane when you see this. I just want you to know that even though I may not be special to you, you’re really special to me. You and the guys made me laugh and have fun. I hope that when I’m gone, you’ll go back to being the cute, adorable, and shy Zelo again. I’ll miss you Zelo, bye.

            “How can you just leave?” Zelo gripped the paper tightly, almost making it rip. Zelo ran out of the house and grabbed a bus. He checked his watch in worry-5:30am. “She wouldn’t have left yet right?” Zelo raked his hair as he sighed. There was traffic and it started to annoy him. Fortunately the traffic dispersed and he made it to the airport. He checked his watch and looked around slightly worried. It was now-5:47am. He groaned and started looking around for you. 

            “Oppas,” I looked at the picture I took with Yongguk and Himchan a while ago. I waited on a bench while looking at my old pictures. I stopped by a picture of Daehyun and me. It was taken by Yongguk when he stole my phone. It was the day when it snowed in the park. Daehyun and I were laughing with snow in our hair.

Tears formed in my eyes as I softly chuckled to myself. I wiped my tears and checked the time-5:50am. There was still around 30 minutes till the flight. I stood up and put my phone in my pocket. I was about to walk away when…

            “Ara.” 

 

 

 

 

Who can it be? Could it be Daehyun who came earlier or Zelo who might've found her first? Wait till the next chappie to find out~ I'll probs update tomorrow ^^