Surprised

The Small Little Things

I happily hummed a tune as I skipped down the sidewalk. I almost reached home and I smiled even wider thinking about the guys. But soon my smile fell and I thought about how uncomfortable they would feel with me around. Maybe they won’t want me there. I pouted and slumped down.

As I continued walking, in the corner of my eyes I saw the BAP guys quietly walking to my direction. My eyes widened and I sprinted inside the house trying to go unnoticed. I threw Daehyun’s keys on the couch and put the cake in the fridge. I jumped on the couch and pretended to be calm.

I heard a sigh as the door opened. I sat on the couch, looking through my phone as if I never left.

“Why did Ara have to leave so soon?” I heard Himchan’s gloomy voice and felt my heart break a little. His usually cheery voice wasn’t there and he didn’t call her Ara baby or princess. I saw Himchan walk into the kitchen without even noticing me. I rolled my eyes at him but smiled. I’m right here yet he doesn’t see me.

“Who bought this cheesecake?” I heard Himchan’s voice from the kitchen.

“Ara?!” Jongup stared at me startled. Finally someone sees me. I gave him a small smile.

“Jongup what are you talking about Ara lef- A-ara?!” Yongguk had the same expression on his face as Jongup’s.

“Why are you guys saying Ara’s name so surprisingly? Now I miss her even mo- A-ARA BABY?” Himchan came out of the kitchen and stopped in his tracks.  Youngjae walked in with a confused face expression which was soon replaced with a surprised one like the others.

“Sup guys.” I calmly said and looked back at my phone.

“ARA BABY YOU’RE BACK~!” Himchan was the first to react. He ran over and jumped on me giving me a tight hug.

“Oof- Himchan oppa! You’re so heavy!” I struggled to push his body off of me.

“HIMCHANNIE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. DID YOU MISS HIMCHANNIE TOO?” Himchan sobbed.

“Oppa I was here just yesterday, now can you get off? You’re kind of crushing my body.” I squirmed and wriggled.

“I’m not letting you go~ I missed you too much~!” Himchan hummed and snuggled in closer.

“Kim Himchan.” Yongguk walked up to us. Himchan ignored Yongguk and smiled to himself as he laid his head on top of mine.

‘Help me.’ I mouthed.

Yongguk sighed and threw Himchan off of me.

“ACK~! OOF-”Himchan fell to the floor as I finally got up.

“You came back.” Yongguk brightly smiled. I smiled back and nodded. “Give me a hug kiddo.” Yongguk opened his arms. I jumped on him and gave him a bear hug. Mostly because I was relieved he wasn’t mad.

“A-ara, I-I was so scared you wouldn’t come back. I was s-so worried.” Jongup slightly sobbed.

“Aww Jonggupie.” I immediately ran to the boy and engulfed him in a hug. “I’m back so don’t worry alright?” I looked at him with bright eyes.

“Ok.” Jongup brightened up and became his cheerful self again.

I looked over at Youngjae who was just standing looking slightly surprised but still emotionless as ever. I opened my arms and tilted my head as if I were saying ‘Hug?’ Youngjae smiled and walked into my arms.

“Why are you guys so calm? Aren’t you surprised?” Jongup asked Daehyun and Zelo.

“Who do you think brought her back?” Daehyun raised an eyebrow.

“Well technically, I brought her back.” Zelo added making Daehyun glare at him.

“I helped.” Daehyun crossed his arms and made a ‘hmph’.

“So that's why you weren't at home in the morning?” Youngjae asked. The two nodded.

“AW ZELO~! THANKS FOR BRINGING MY PRINCESS BACK!” Himchan hugged Zelo.

“Uh you know what, I think it was actually Daehyun hyung who convinced her to stay.” Zelo uncomfortably shifted in Himchan’s arms.

“Nah, it was all Zelo. You should thank him some more Himchannie hyung.” Daehyun smirked at Zelo.

“YOU’RE RIGHT DAEHYUN. LET HIMCHANNIE HYUNG GIVE YOU A KISS BABY ZELO. COME HERE~!” Himchan chased Zelo away.

“Yonggukie hyung! Help me!” Zelo screeched.

“Sorry kid, you have to deal with him on your own.” Yongguk smiled.

“Ara! Help!” Zelo begged running past me.

“I would but since it’s Himchan oppa I don’t think I can, sorry.” I ‘innocently’ smiled.

“HYUNGS?! HELP~!” Zelo screamed as he ran around the house.

“COME HERE ZELO~! LET CHANNIE HYUNG LOVE YOU~!” Himchan skipped down the hallway. 

'Everything is back the way it is' Yongguk smiled.