Small gestures

The Small Little Things

 

“Ow.” I winced as Daehyun patted the medicine on my cheek. I’m still surprised that Daehyun offered to help. The slap didn’t do much but leave a red mark but her nails scratched my face half way through the slap. It hurt. Like really bad.

“Stay still.” Daehyun said as he held my shoulder. He gently placed a tiny pororo band-aid on my cheek. “There.” He patted the band-aid.

“Thanks.” I quietly muttered. I fiddled with my fingers.

“What?” He turned his head around with a confused face.

“T-tha- Nevermind. It’s nothing.” I looked down at my fingers. He looked at me weird before getting up.

“Let’s go.” He said as he walked out. I quickly got up and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What happened!?” Zelo said as he stared at my red and swollen cheeks.

“It’s nothing.” I smiled to let him know I’m fine. Everyone looked at me worriedly.

“Daehyun what happened?” Yongguk asked.

“Hanmi was complaining to Ara then she slapped her.” Daehyun said like it was nothing.

“Hanmi did this to you? Imma slap a b**ch today.” Himchan snapped. I couldn’t help but chuckle at his attitude.

“There’s no need for that. You’re ok right Ara?” Yongguk asked. I nodded. “Ok, then let’s all go to lunch ok?” Yongguk looked at each one of us. We all nodded and headed towards the cafeteria.

When we entered the murmurs were louder than yesterday. Some were talking about me being a b**ch like yesterday but most of them were talking about the incident between Hanmi and me. The whole cafeteria murmured and glanced at me quite a few times. I saw Hanmi in the corner of my eyes glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the lunch line. BAP trailed along behind me and glared at each and every one of the students.

“Ara, are you ok? Everyone will probably settle down soon and some other gossip will come up.” Jongup patted my back.

“I’m fine. I don’t really mind the murmurs or glaring.” I played with my salad.

“Don’t worry Ara we’re here to protect you!” Himchan made a fighting sign. I chuckled and nodded.

“Oh Ara, clear up your schedule for this Saturday.” Jongup said while he munched on his kimbap.

“Why?” I asked curiously. I sipped on my smoothie as I waited for an answer.

“We’re going to go to Everland!” Zelo cheered. Everland? Eh, I have nothing to do on weekends anyways. Why not?

“Can you go?” Jongup asked with his bright smile on his face.

“Sure.” I grinned.

“YAYYYY!” Himchan screamed. We chuckled as we continued eating our lunch.