Ice cream

The Small Little Things

“Over here!” Jongup waved over his hand to Yongguk and Himchan. They still looked a bit sick. We chuckled as they wobbled over to the table.

“Want to go order with me?” Zelo tapped my arm. I nodded as we stood up.

“Get me chocolate!” “Me too!” “Same for me!” “Vanilla for me!” They all screamed as we walked away.

We walked up to the counter and order our ice creams. As we waited I saw two people come in. It was no other than Daehyun and Eunmi. They walked in laughing, smiling, and shoving each other. They seemed so close and friendly… I didn’t know Daehyun could be so playful. I felt slightly weird, or should I say uncomfortable? I don’t even know but I didn’t like the thought of them together.

“Ara?” Someone called my name.

“Huh?” I turned to see Zelo carrying all the ice creams struggling. I mentally wacked myself. How could I just leave him there while I stood there staring at the door?

“Oh! Sorry.” I rubbed the back of my neck and took half of the ice cream cups.

“It’s ok.” Zelo smiled. I smiled back as we walked back to our table. When we got to the table we saw Daehyun and Eunmi there, sitting in our seats. It slightly pissed me off that nobody noticed we were right there until Himchan called our names.

“Oh Zelo and Ara come over here!” Himchan pointed to the seat next to him. We walked over there and passed out the ice cream.

“THANK YOU~!” Everyone cheered. 

“Where’s ours?” Daehyun pouted. Next to him Eunmi’s eyes glistened. I’m pretty sure she was fangirling inside from his little pout. I shoved ice cream inside my mouth which caused me choke a bit.

“Ara, are you okay?” Zelo tapped my back. I coughed and nodded my head.

“I’m fine.” I smiled at everyone. I saw Daehyun staring at me worriedly which made me feel somewhat happier. At least some of his attention is on me. Gosh, what am I thinking? I mentally screamed at myself. I turned to see Eunmi glaring at me. As soon as she saw me looking, she immediately smiled and turned back to Daehyun. I frowned as I shook my head. And I thought she was actually nice. Eunmi stood up and tugged on Daehyun’s sleeve.

“Daehyunnie, let’s go.” She smiled cutely. Ugh. Daehyunnie? Really?

“We should hang out with the guys. It’s more fun if we’re in a big group.” Daehyun said.

“Yeah, you guys should stay.” Jongup smiled. I saw Eunmi’s face turn a bit bitter but before anyone else could’ve noticed she put on a big smile.

“I guess it’ll be more fun.” Eunmi smiled and sat down. I rolled my eyes and shoved another scoop of ice cream inside my mouth, which made me choke, again.

“Ara, eat slowly.” Zelo tapped my back. I smiled as I embarrassedly looked down. Gosh I must look stupid.