Second Hanmi

The Small Little Things

“ARA~ OVER HERE~!” Himchan waved over to their table. Daehyun, Zelo, and I blushed in embarrassment and shuffled over to the table.

“I MISSED YOU SO MUCH~ I MISSED YOU ARA BABY~” Himchan squealed as he snuggled against my arm.

“Can I change my seat?” I asked desperately. Everyone in the table shook their heads with wide eyes. “Daehyun?” I asked hopping him to say yes. He shook his head and went back to devouring his pizza. Himchan pretended to cry but nobody cared which made him pout.

“Ara!” I heard a familiar annoying voice calling me. I put my fork down and turned around. I saw Baekhyun being followed by a group of girls. He escaped from the crowd and jogged over to my table.

“Hey Ara.” He smiled as he put his tray down and squished in between me and Daehyun. Everyone in the table looked puzzled and amused that someone would just sit at their table. The Kingkas’ table.

“What are you doing here?” I glared at him.

“I told you! I’m sitting with you today, oh and remember later you’re showing me around the school.” Baekhyun said as he bit into his apple. I heard girls fan-girling behind me.

“No you’re not, now go.” I made a shooing motion. Baekhyun was about to talk back but Himchan interrupted us.

“Who are you?” Himchan looked at Baekhyun with his intimidating eyes. Himchan’s attitude totally changed.  

“I’m Ara’s friend, who are you?” Baekhyun said blankly.

“I’m Ara’s ‘oppa’ and I would like you to leave this table right now.” Himchan glared at him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think I needed reservations for this table.” Baekhyun cocked his head to the side and smirked. I saw Himchan’s face darken as Baekhyun left.

“Is he really your friend?” Jongup asked. I shook my head and put my face in my hands.

“He’s so annoying.” I complained.

“I don’t like that kid.” Yongguk shook his head.

“Same here.” Himchan said.

“Us too.” Daehyun, Zelo, and Youngjae added.

“He seemed pretty nice to me. I like him.” Jongup smiled.

“You like everyone Jongup.” Yongguk rolled his eyes. Jongup brightly smiled.

“So, how was your day Ara?” Himchan asked back to his smiley self.

“It wasn’t that bad until Baekhyun showed up.” I made a face.

“Wanna hang out after school today?” Yongguk asked.

“Sure.” I smiled.

“I can’t come today though, I have dance practice.” Jongup said.

“Me too, I have singing classes with Daehyun.” Youngjae added.

“How about you two?” Yongguk asked Himchan and Zelo.

“I think I’ll stay home today. I have a lot of homework.” Zelo said not even bothering to look up. I wonder what’s bothering him these days. I bit my lip in concern and curiosity.

“I can come!” Himchan cheered.

“Ugh.” I scrunched up my face.

“Fine! I won’t come then.” Himchan pouted and crossed his arms.

“Ok.” Yongguk and I responded not caring.

“You guys are so mean.” Himchan frowned.

“You can come.” Yongguk and I chuckled. Himchan immediately brightened and squealed. I got up and threw away my garbage. While I was walking back one of the Queenka girls stood up. She was like a second Hanmi but with more make-up if that’s possible.

She stood in front of me and looked at my face then body then smirked.

“So you’re the one that’s been stealing my boys.” She walked around me. “I heard you were with the new kid, Baekhyun.” She faced me. “I’ve also seen that you’ve been getting closer to Yongguk, huh?” She scoffed. “Well he’s mine and you better back off.” She glared at me.

“Who said he’s yours?” I smirked. She scoffed then raised her hand to slap me. Before her hand came in contact with my face I grabbed her wrist.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” I warned her. She slowly put her hand down but she threw a fist at me with her other hand which I easily caught and twisted her wrist.

“Ow!” She screeched and fell to the floor. Everyone’s attention was on us. I leaned down to her.

“Don’t try to pull off something like that again, ok?” I whispered. I stood up with a blank face and walked back to the table.

“Yah!” I heard her scream then I felt a cold liquid run down my back. I turned around to see her holding a milk carton. She seemed a bit scared but still stared back with piercing eyes. I blankly stared at her with my back dripping wet. She didn’t threaten to hurt me so there’s no reason to hurt her right?

“Ara!” Yongguk and the others came to my side. “Let’s go get you cleaned up.” Himchan, Jongup, and Youngjae took me out of the cafeteria.

“Jihye.” Yongguk called out in a stern voice. She struggled standing up.

“Yongguk-ah.” She softly called out.

“Stay away from Ara got it?” He stared her down.

“Look at you being all protective and caring.” Jihye scoffed “Remember when you did that for me?” Jihye smirked. “Do you?”

“Aish.” Yongguk grunted and walked out of the cafeteria. Jihye just smirked staring at the ground.

“Don’t go near our Ara? Got that?” Daehyun warned.

“You’ve changed a lot Jihye noona.” Zelo shook his head walked out with Daehyun. Jihye stood there with wet eyes and shame. Everyone went back to whatever they were doing and whispered to each other about what happened. Jihye stood up which caught the attention of most people and walked out of the cafeteria.