Daehyun's comfort

The Small Little Things

“Ugh.” I slammed my alarm clock and stretched. I fell asleep on my desk finishing the history project last night. It took me a while because to finish because I couldn’t concentrate. I didn’t know what to do. Yongguk was right but maybe going back is better. “Aish.” I stood up and got ready.

            Ding. Dong.

            Huh? I stopped brushing my hair and went downstairs and opened the door. I looked out to see Yongguk and the others, except Zelo. I tried to looka round the 5 others but he wasn’t there. Yongguk’s eyes softened seeing that.

              “What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

            “We’re walking with you today.” Yongguk smiled. I puffed my cheeks then nodded. I let them come in and ran back upstairs. I quickly brushed my hair and put it into a high ponytail.

            “Let’s go.” I smiled at them. As they all walked out the door I stopped Yongguk. “Why’d you come today?”

            “If you choose to go back, I want us to spend the last 3 days with you.” Yongguk slightly smiled. My eyes softened and I embraced him in a hug.

            “Why are you guys hugging? I want a hug too!” Jongup whined and joined in the hug.

            “Hug? I’M COMING ARA~!” Himchan came and joined the now group hug.

            “Daehyun you come here too.” He blushed and walked over.

            “You too Youngjae oppa.” I smiled.

            “Oppa?” He asked surprised that I called him that. I nodded my head and slightly chuckled. He shrugged but I saw his cheeks turn pink as he walked over and joined in the hug. We all tightly hugged and chuckled afterwards. I’m going to miss these guys…

            The girls glared as usual as I walked in the school gates with the guys. I saw Jihye with Hanmi and her ‘gang’. She had a bandage over her wrist which shocked me. I was just joking when I said she needed her wrist checked out. They saw me walking and glared straight toward my way. Hanmi even had the urge to walk over to us. Jihye and the others followed behind her.

           “Hey Daehyun oppa~” Hanmi cooed with her usual annoying voice. She turned to me and her eyes changed. I kept a blank face while she glared at me walking toward my way. She smirked then slapped me. I stood there with wide eyes in shock well along with the others. Even some of the girls from her group were surprised at how loud the slap sounded. Jihye stood there with a big smirk along with Hanmi. “That’s for doing that,” she pointed at Jihye’s wrist who shook it in the air with a fake pout “-to Jihye. And I better receive an apology.” She stood there with her arms crossed.

            “She was the one who bothered our Ara in the first place, she does not need to apologize.” Jongup’s bright smiley face was gone.

            “Our Ara?” Jihye scoffed. Her face was full of hatred and anger. “So she’s now yours? Why would even want to be near this poor little piece of here?” She smirked.

            “Don’t you dare call her that!” Yongguk raised his voice. It surprised everyone including me. “If you ever say anything like that to Ara again,” Yongguk stepped up. I quickly held him back and gave him a look to say ‘stop’.

            “Do you have anything else to say?” I asked calmly. She stared at me dumbfounded then glared at me with hatred.

            “No, but I’d like to give you this.” She raised her hand up to slap me. Before her hand came in contact with my face someone blocked it. I looked up to see Daehyun shooting daggers towards Jihye.

            “I don’t think that’s a great idea.” Daehyun growled. Jihye glared back and shook her wrist out of his grip. Jihye clenched her fist in anger. Daehyun turned around to leave but she pulled him back and punched him straight in the jaw. Everyone stared at her in shock, even Hanmi who seemed the most surprised. Jihye smirked and was about to aim for his face again when I grabbed her fist. I slowly tightened my grip on her hand and pushed her down making her whimper.

            “Looking at what I did to you last time,” I glanced at her wrist. “I don’t think making me mad again is a good idea.” I glared at her before letting go of her fist. I walked back to the guys when I heard her scoff.

            “Look at you two protecting each other, acting like a couple.” She stood up and crossed her arms. “But too bad you guys won’t be able to be together.”

            “What are you talking about?” Daehyun asked suspiciously. Everyone else were just as confused as him.

            “Oh? Ara didn’t tell you? She’s leaving.” Jihye smirked in triumph. Oh no... I stood there frozen not knowing what to do. Yongguk glanced at me worriedly.

            “Wait, what do you mean by leaving?” Jongup asked confused as always.

            “She’s leaving you. As in she’s not going to be here anymore.” Jihye stated.

            “Wait hold up, I never confirmed I was going to really leave.” I defended myself.

            “Wouldn’t it better for you’d to leave?  Except for those 5 boys over there, no one wants you here. And what are you going to do about Zelo? The one who told you to ‘leave him alone’? He’s right, you are the problem. Why don’t you just leave and make us all happy?” She made a shooing motion. My eyes-watered as I glared at her. I shoved through her way and ran inside the school.

            “Ara!” I heard Daehyun’s voice call after me. People stared but I didn’t care. I ran and ran until I ended up at the rooftop. Tears still rolled down my cheeks as I panted. I slid down the wall and quietly sobbed. I thought staying was a better choice but if everyone here hates me too what’s the point of staying? Leaving here would make everyone happy right?

            “Ara.” Someone called out as they panted. I couldn’t tell who it was but his voice sounded slightly deep so I expected it to be Yongguk.

            “Go away Yongguk oppa.” I turned my body around with my head down.

            “So you’d expect Yongguk hyung to come up here?” The guy said jealously. I turned around to see Daehyun with his hands on his knees. He let out a smile before sitting down next to me against the wall.

            “You okay?” he held my shoulder. I turned around and tried ignoring him. “Ara.” He turned me around. I quickly put my head down. I couldn’t let him see me like this. I was a mess. He grabbed my chin and faced me to him. He caringly smiled and wiped away my tears. He held my face in his hands for a while as we stared at each other. My heart started beating quickly and I felt my cheeks warm up. I broke the eye contact and sniffled.

            “Why are you here?” I put my knees up and put my head down.

            “I wanted to check up on you and… wanted to know what’s going on. Ara, are you really leaving us?” His voice slightly worried. I turned to him and saw his troubled face.

            “It’s better if I did right? Either way I go I’m hated anyways and should go back to where I used to be.” I let out a weak smile.

            “That’s not true. You mean a lot to us and leaving us randomly would have left all us miserable Ara, especially me.” Daehyun muttered the last part which I didn’t hear.

            “Huh? What was the last part?” I asked confused.

           “Oh, I-it was nothing.” He cleared his throat. “What happened between you and Zelo?” He cautiously asked. I froze. Should I tell him?

            “He just wanted me to leave him alone, that’s it.” I didn’t want to go around telling everyone what Zelo said. I don’t even know how Jihye found out.

            “Oh, well whenever you need someone to talk to or need help, remember that I’m always here for you.” Daehyun smiled. His words melted my heart and his smile made it beat faster again.

            “T-thanks.” I blushed.

            “Oh yeah, why don’t you call me oppa?” Daehyun pouted. Oh not with this again

            “Don’t be like Himchan, Daehyun.” I shook my head.

            “But still! You even called Youngjae ‘oppa’ this morning, and he’s younger than me!” He crossed his arms.

            “No.” I playful crossed my arms and followed him.

            “Why~?” He whined. I chuckled at his childish behavior.

            “I’ll call you ‘oppa’ when I want to.” I smiled.

            “Please~ Just once?” He batted his eyelashes. I raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

            “Fine, Daehyun oppa~” I cooed.

            “Yay~!” Daehyun cheered and pecked my cheek. My eyes widened as I totally froze. He seemed just as surprised at what he did.

            “U-uh sorry.” Daehyun blushed deep red.

            “Huh? O-oh it’s fine.” My cheeks warmed up and turned bright pink. The bell rung signaling first period. “L-let’s go. We’ll be late to class.” I shyly smiled. We both stood up and walked to the door. I tried avoiding his gaze and blushed even more walking down the stairs. Before we walked to our classes he turned me around and stared straight into my eyes.

            “Think carefully when you decide where to go. Just remember that the guys and I will always be here for you.” He smiled warmly.

            “Don’t worry I will.” I smiled

            We entered the class and apologized to the teacher for being a couple minutes late. While we were walking to our table I spotted the Queenkas glaring toward me and mouthing words like ‘’ and “’. I also passed by Zelo who didn’t even bothered to look up. Throughout half the class I felt a slight nudge on the side. I turned to Daehyun who pretended like nothing happened which I chuckled at. I looked down at the table to see a small note. I took the paper and read it. ‘Don’t worry about the Queenkas and Zelo, remember you have us ;)Be lucky, you’re getting a note from one of the hottest kingas <3 –Daehyun OPPA’ I turned to him who looked back and winked. I chuckled and playfully shoved his arm.

            “If you’re staying I’ll always keep you company like this, think wisely.” Daehyun softly smiled. I smiled back. I will Daehyun, I definitely will… 

 

 

 

 

I haven't written in like 3 days so I decided to give you guys a long chapter~! All my chapters seem really short compared to other authors. By any chance do you guys know how to double space on this? Becasue I usually copy and paste from microscoft word and when I double space it there it doesn't come out the same :( sorry for the bother but PLEASE HELP~!