New kid?

The Small Little Things

“Bye Ara~!” Himchan waved.

“See you in lunch.” Yongguk ruffled my bangs and walked away with Youngjae and Jongup. I didn’t want them to leave. I have to walk all the way to first period with Daehyun and Zelo. It’s gotten awkward between me and the both of them after Saturday.

“Uhm, l-let’s go.” I cleared my throat and walked ahead. The two followed behind me. It felt really awkward and the other two weren’t really helping. I gripped on to the end of my sleeves and tried to walk as fast to the classroom. On the way I saw Hanmi and her friends glaring at me like always. Finally we entered the classroom. I felt so relieved I didn’t need to be between those two awkward and distracted boys. Oh, wait. I mentally face-plamed myself. Daehyun is my seating partner. I let out a big sigh and walked to my seat.

“Everyone be quiet!” The teacher yelled as she entered the classroom. “We have a new student in this class.” She announced. Everyone started whispering to each other curious of whom it would be.

“Come in.” The teacher called to the new kid outside. Baekhyun? My eyes widened. He’s going to be in my class? I slapped my face. Ugh.

He caught all the girls’ interest. They started fixing their hair and applied like their 5th layer of make-up. They all tried to act ‘pretty’ and ‘innocent’. The guys shoulders sagged in disappointment.

“Hi, my name is Byun Baekhyun. Please take care of me.” He smiled. All the girls including Hanmi clapped their hands and squealed. Baekhyun took a look around the classroom and found me. He smirked and walked over to my desk. The desk had three seats and two were already taken by me and Daehyun so I quickly placed my bag on the chair on the end.

“Aw, you don’t want me to sit with you?” Baekhyun pouted as he stood in front of the desk. I gave him a face and crossed my arms.

“Come one ‘Ara’, let me sit with you please~” He emphasized my name. I glared at him and mouthed ‘Go away’ but he didn’t get the message I wanted him nowhere near me.

“What? Whatever, I’m going to sit with you anyways.” Baekhyun put my bag down and took a seat next to me. I sighed as I put my face in my hands. I turned to look at Daehyun who seemed as confused as the classmates. Then I turned to Baekhyun who was just smiling brightly.

“Uhm ok, let’s start with algebra.” The teacher confusingly said and started the class.

“Do you know him?” Daehyun whispered.

“Not really, he’s just some annoying kid I met on the stree-”

“I am not annoying.” Baekhyun cut me off then scrunched his face. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the board.

“Class dismissed.” The teacher told us. Class ended 5 minutes and early and we couldn’t leave the room yet so I decided to take a small nap.

“Hey Baekhyun.” I heard Hanmi’s annoying little voice come near my table. “and hi Daehyun oppa.” I looked up to see Hanmi flirting with both of the guys. She gave me a look and went back to Baekhyun. “So, would you  like to sit us girls during lunch? We’d be happy to accompany you around the school too.” Hanmi winked which made me throw up in my mouth.

“No thanks.” Baekhyun said as he didn’t even bother to glance at her. “I’m sitting with Ara.” Baekhyun turned to me and smiled.

“What!?” Hanmi and I said at the same time.

“And she’s showing me around the school.” Baekhyun smiled proudly.

“No I’m not.” I glared at him.

“Yes you are, so sorry I’m going to have to decline your offer.” Baekhyun turned to Hanmi and her friends and said. Hanmi scoffed and glared at me.

“Why would you want to sit with this piece of trash when you can sit with the prettiest girls in school?” Hanmi flipped her hair.

“I am sitting with the prettiest girl in school, Ara.” Baekhyun said as if it was obvious. Hanmi glared at me again and walked away.

“I’m not sitting with you.” I told Baekhyun.

“Yes you are. Who are you going to sit with then anyways?”

“Him.” I pulled Daehyun’s arm which surprised him. “And him.” I pointed to Zelo who was walking by. Zelo pointed to himself confused of why I did that. “And 4 other boys.”

“Well you’re a little now aren’t you?” Baekhyun smirked. I slapped his arm. “I’m kidding!” Baekhyun laughed. “I’ll sit with all of you then.” Baekhyun smiled.

“No you won’t and that’s final.” I walked away as the bell rung. I pulled Daehyun and Zelo with me outside. “Ugh, he’s so annoying.” I rubbed my temples.

“How do you know him anyways?” Zelo asked quietly.

“Just some weird kid I met on the street today.”

“Oh, ok.” Zelo went back to being quiet. The walk to the cafeteria was once again awkward. No one dared to speak to either of each other. I sighed mentally as we entered the cafeteria.