Lunch

The Small Little Things

 

“Hey, Ara. Wake up. Ara.” I felt a tap on my shoulder. I fluttered my eyes open to see Zelo.

“Oh, hey.” I said still a bit hazy. “Where did everyone go?” I blinked a few times.

“It’s lunch time.” Zelo said while blinking rapidly.

“Oh, thanks for telling me.” I picked up my bag and was about to head out the door when Zelo grabbed my arm.

“D-do you want to sit with m-me? I-I can show you around the school afterwards too.” He shyly muttered.

“Sure.” I gave him a small smile. He did catch me when I fell and it’d be rude if I declined his offer again. He brightened and smiled wide. “Let’s go.” He led the way.

We entered the cafeteria and the murmurs started again. The girls were calling me names and gave me glares. I tried not to care and just walked as Zelo led me to a table. I spotted the masked guy sitting at the table also. He looked up but I immediately looked away.

“Who’s the girl?” one guy asked. Woah. His voice is deep. I scanned the table and saw the masked guy, a smiling boy, a guy eyeing me up and down, a guy holding an IPad, and a guy with a gummy smile.

“Yeah, who is this pretty lady Zelo?” The guy eyeing me smirked.

“She’s Ara. She’s in my Algebra class.” Zelo said as he sat down. “Here.” He pulled out a chair for me.

“Thanks.” I smiled in return.

“Aren’t you going to introduce yourself?” The guy smirked at me again.

“Oh, well my name is Kwon Ara and I’m 18 years old.” I blankly said. “Aren’t you guys going to introduce yourself to me?”

“We’re BAP the kingkas of this school. I’m Himchan, that’s Yongguk, Daehyun, Jongup, and Youngjae.” Himchan smiled.

“Hey, let’s go get something to eat.” Zelo pulled my arm.

“Oh ok.” I followed him. I was about to reach for the last tuna sandwich when someone reached out and took it. That person also decided to shove me aside and fit in between me and Zelo. It was the girl I bumped into this morning. I scoffed.

“Hey.” I tapped her shoulder. She innocently turned around and cocked her head to the side.  “I was in front of you so if you would move-“ I was about to walk in front of her when she held out a hand.

“I think you’ve mistaken, because I was here the whole time. Wasn’t I Zelo oppa?” She turned her head to Zelo.  Zelo rolled his eyes as he pulled me next to him. “Ara was behind me and I am not your oppa.” Zelo said as he walked ahead of the line.

“Yeah, um I’ll be taking this.” I said as I took the tuna sandwich on her tray. I heard her scoff then scream in annoyance as I walked away. I smirked and took a seat next to Zelo and Daehyun.