Almost

The Small Little Things

“Woah.” I looked out the glass window. The street lamps were all lighted and the rides were all glowing in different colors in the moonlight.

“It’s a nice view isn’t it.” Daehyun came to my side and smiled. I stared at his side facial features. He turned to me and eye-smiled.

“I came here with Eunmi before it’s still just as pretty.” Daehyun said as he looked out. Eunmi huh? He came here with Eunmi, I wonder what they did together. I sat back in the end as I sighed quietly. Daehyun turned around and sat next to me.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been acting like this since the morning.” Daehyun asked worriedly.

“I told you already, it’s nothing.” I shook my head.

“Ara, tell me.” Daehyun pulled my wrist and faced me toward him. I pushed his hand away and glared at him.

“I told you it’s nothing why can’t you just except it that?”

“Because I’m worried!” Daehyun stared back intensely. My eyes widened as I stared at him in shock.

“I’m worried about you Ara. I’m not even sure how or why because I’ve never cared about anyone except the guys.” Daehyun quieted down.

“How about Eunmi?” I scoffed.

“Eunmi’s my friend and she means a lot to me but not as much. And I don’t know why I feel like I care about you more than her. Sure we just met, but you made me open up to you and now I feel like I finally made another friend.” Daehyun said. Friend? When he said that something in my heart told me I was expecting something more than that. Shouldn’t I be happy that he at least thinks of me as a friend?

“Ara, please talk to me.” Daehyun tugged my arm. I stayed turned around and tried to ignore him.

“Ara.” Daehyun tugged harder. He tugged a bit harder this time which made ended me on top of him. I looked up and saw his face right in front of mine. My hands were on his chest while his were on my waist. His shocked eyes became softer as he tightened his grip on my waist. I gulped as my eyes were wide opened. He slowly closed his eyes as he leaned forward.

“Next!” We heard the employee say in an annoyed tone. We turned around and saw him staring at us looking pissed off. I quickly got of him and blushed. Oh my gosh we almost kissed! What's wrong with me?! Daehyun cleared his throat and sat up. I got off the carriage and ran out the exit while Daehyun followed behind. We walked up to Zelo and Jongup.

“H-hey guys.” I waved awkwardly still trying to recover from what just happened.

“Hey Ara, why are your cheeks so red? They’re like two big tomatoes.” Jongup said as he poked my cheeks. I blushed even more and looked down.

“It’s nothing.” I murmured.

“H-hey.” Daehyun came behind.

“Hi Daehyunnie hyung.” Jongup smiled. “Wasn’t the view great?” He smiled brightly.

“Uh y-yeah.” Daehyun cleared his throat. I noticed that Zelo wasn’t talking. He looked distracted by something so I poked his arm.

“Hey.” I smiled. Zelo just slightly smiled and went back to staring into space. Something about his smile seemed sad and hurt. I shook it off and waited for the others.

“OH MY GOSH ARA~!” Himchan ran into me. He engulfed me in a hug. “WE WERE SO HIGH UP AND IT WAS SO SCARY, I MEAN IT WAS PRETTY BUT IT WAS SCARY TOO!” Himchan said as he hugged me closely.

“H-himchan l-let go.” I couldn’t breathe inside his tightly wrapped arms.

“OOH I’M SORRY.” Himchan let go and smiled. “Let’s go home now!” Himchan grabbed my hand and skipped down the amusement park. The others followed behind. I felt embarrassed skipping down the park with Himchan as people stared at us. It felt weird being dragged by him as he happily ran to the exit.

“Himchan let go of Ara! You’re dragging her!” Yongguk yelled from behind.

“BUT-”

“NO BUTS.” Yongguk cut him off. Himchan pouted and let me go. He was about to grab my hand but Yongguk came to my side and pulled me towards him.

“I’ll walk with Ara.” Yongguk said firmly. Himchan pouted and sagged his shoulders. I chuckled as he ran to Jongup and leaned on him.

“Thanks Yongguk.” I smiled at Yongguk.

“Nah it’s nothing.” Yongguk said. “You know you should call me oppa.”

“Sure.” I said sarcastically.

“I mean it! I’m older than you so you should call me oppa.” Yongguk stated.

“Why do you want me to call you oppa?” I asked.

“Because I’m older than you and it feels good to be called oppa.” Yongguk smiled.

“Fine Yongguk ‘oppa’, but don’t make me call the others ‘oppa’ too. It’s awkward and weird.” I shivered.

“Ok!” Yongguk showed his gummy-smile. I smiled back as he put an arm around my shoulder. The little gesture felt brotherly and very warming which made feel happy that I became closer with the guys today. 

 

 

 

 

I wrote a lot more than usual ^^ I thought about spliting it to two chapters but I think this is better :) I think I'll wirte mor often since my summer break is coming up soon~ :D