Kris

The Small Little Things

Replay~ Replay~ Replay~

I hummed the melody of Shinee’s replay as I strolled down the streets. I entered the White Star Café and sat down next to the window.

“May I take your order?” A very tall male stood in front of my table. He had straight blonde hair that was gelled up and a cold appearance.

“A ham and cheese croissant with a mango smoothie please.” I smiled. He let out a small smile back which made me change my thoughts about his cold appearance. I got a glimpse of his nametag before he left. Kris.

I stared out the window and leaned my head against my hands. How will the guys react when they find out I stayed? Would they be annoyed because I changed my choice way too much? Would it be a burden for me to live in with them? I grabbed my hair frustration for being so stupid.

“Here’s your croissant and your smoothie.” Kris came back and smiled. “Is there something wrong?” Kris asked confused. I let go of my hair and awkwardly smiled.

“I ‘m just thinking about some choices I made before, and I seriously hate myself for it.” I pouted.

“You wanna talk about it?” Kris brightly smiled.

“I barely know anything about you.” I made a face but still smiled. “And don’t you have work?”

“I seriously need a break and that girl behind the counter won’t stop hitting on me.” Kris looked over to a girl with thick makeup and waitress uniform.

“So you’re just going to sit here and your boss would be fine with that?” I raised an eyebrow.

“He’s out right now to eat lunch so, you mind if I sit here?” Kris looked at me hopefully.

“Take a seat, it would’ve been boring to eat alone anyways.”

“Thanks~” He beamed and took a seat in front of me. “So, care to tell me what’s bothering you?”

“I just met you and telling you my worries seems a bit weird. Why are you curious to know anyways?” I titled my head to the side.

“I don’t know, I guess I’m just bored.” Kris shrugged. “I’ll listen if you tell me. You don’t need to give me the names.”

“Well, alright. I guess I can tell you.” I bit into my ham and cheese croissant. “I was just about to leave to go back to my hometown because I was having some problems with a few people here, but then I changed my mind and came back. Now I don’t know how my friends will react because I changed my mind way to many times. Only two of them know I’m back because they were the ones that changed my mind on coming back but now I’m living in their house and the other guys don’t know about me being back. Oh yeah, I have 6 guy friends who I now live with.” I took another bite of the croissant.

“You live with 6… guys?” Kris blinked a couple of times.

“Yes, but it’s only because I don’t have a place to stay.” I popped the last piece of croissant in my mouth.

“Dang girl.” Kris leaned back in his seat. “Living with 6 guys? You interested in one of them?” Kris put his hands on his chin and stared at me with beaming eyes.

“Oh shut up.” I flushed and took a sip of my smoothie.

“Ooh~ who is it?” Kris smirked and shook his shoulders.

“Nobody. You don’t even know who my friends are.” I huffed.

“Meanie.” Kris pouted.

“You’re so immature.” I chuckled and shook my head. I checked my watch and it was- 2:15. “Aish, they’ll probably come home any minute.” I quickly shoved all of my belongings in my bag and stood up.

“Where you going?” Kris looked and blinked.

“The guys are coming home soon and I want to surprise them. They’ll be home from school any minute.” I pouted and walked over to the counter to pay.

“Well good luck.” Kris said as he accepted your money.

“Oh wait, hey Kris can you pack me that strawberry cheesecake?” I pointed to the cute looking cheesecake that was covered in strawberry sauce.

“Sure thing.” Kris quickly packed up my cake as I paid for my meal and my cake.

“Come here more often so we can talk, alright?” Kris smiled.

“Okay.” I smiled back and waved. “Bye Kris~!”

“Bye~!” Kris waved back.