Seoul Arts

The Small Little Things

 

“Thank you.” I smiled at the cashier as she handed me an iced caramel macchiato. I walked out of the café with the cold drink in my hands. The sweetness immediately brought a smile on my face.

I heard voices of many people as I turned the street.

I stood there with huge eyes, surprised of how big the school was.

It was my first day going to Seoul Arts. I hid my nervousness with a poker face as I threw my caramel macchiato in a nearby trashcan. I walked through the gates and looked around the place. All the guys did nothing but fool around while the girls fixed their makeup. I turned my head and spotted a guy staring straight into my eyes. He was wearing a mask that covered his mouth and nose. I couldn’t help but notice how pretty his eyes were. I was too busy staring at the masked guy that I didn’t notice someone heading towards me.

“Watch out!” I heard someone scream. I turned around and saw a blue haired boy on a skateboard heading straight towards me. He lost his balance and fell on top of me. “Ow.” The blue haired boy and I said at the same time.

“Sorry.” The boy awkwardly smiled as he rubbed his neck. “Um, can you get off of me?” I asked.

“Oh.” He got up and held out a hand. I ignored him as I got up myself and dusted myself off. He slowly put his hand back but raised it and waved.

“Hi, my name’s Junhong but you can call me Zelo.” He smiled. “My name’s Ara.” I said as I grabbed my backpack.

“Are you new? I’ve never seen you before. I can walk you to class if you want-” I walked away before he could blabber even more. That kid is talks way too much.

I came out of the office with my schedule and walked down the hallway looking for my locker. A48, A50, A52… where the heck is B52?

I looked around and asked people for where my locker is. Some were helpful but some were just plain rude. “B46, B48, B-” my mumbling was cut off as my books fell to the floor.

“Watch where you’re going! Do you even know who I am?!” The girl I just bumped into flipped her hair. I just ignored her as I picked up my books. “I’m talking to you!” The annoying girl screeched. I stood up with a poker face and blankly said “Sorry.” She glared at me before walking away with her friends. I turned around to see a pair of hands holding up a book.

“Here” He blankly said holding up the book. It was the masked guy from before! “Take it.” His voice came out muffled.

“Oh, thanks.” I grabbed the book and the rest and walked to my locker. I was surprised to see him opening his locker which was right next to mine. I think he caught me staring because he turned his head and stared back. My eyes widened as I turned my head to my locker as I mumbled a quick sorry. He closed his locker and walked away.