Game over

Do you remember?

Everything hurt.

Jae was shrouded in complete darkness. She was unable to move, and she felt numb, lost, and in pain. Her body felt heavy, and the smell of blood was fresh in the air, making her stomach churn. It was until then, that she was no longer in darkness. Millions of images began to swarm through her mind, making her groan in pain.

"Look, she's alright!"

"She's waking up!"

Two familiar voices spoke, and Jae slowly opened her eyes, her vision slightly blurry. Beepings sounds and scurrying footsteps filled the room, and her vision focused upon 5 familiar, worried faces. She felt an air mask over her, and she felt tubes in her skin. She had a massive headache, as if her brain was ready to burst anytime.

"W-where am I?" She weakly asked, her voice coming out as a small whisper. Yong Guk his dry lips and spoke softly.

"You're at the hospital. You were out for 10 hours." He said, and Jae's eyes widened in shock as she began to remember the incident. She sat up so quickly that she winced in pain at how sore her body felt. Jongup quickly made her lay back down, and she tried to calm herself down.

"W-where's Daehyun?" She asked, and everyone was silent. The air was filled with thick tension, and Jae suddenly felt a weight over her heart.

"No..."

"He hasn't woken up yet. He's in criticial condition, since he had recieved the most force from the crash." Youngjae whispered, who had walked back over to Daehyun, who was laying motionless in a bed next to Jae's. She weakly turned her head, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head at his condition. Bandages were covering her forehead, he had several gashes on his arm, and his plump lips were cut slightly. Overall, he looked so pale, as if his life was slipping away. Jae swallowed the lump that formed in , and she felt hot tears form in her eyes. She held her arm out towards Daehyun, expecting him to wake up and reach for it as well.

"Dae, wake up." Her voice cracked; it pained her to see him in this condition. He didn't respond, or even stir. It looked like he was already dead. Jae felt helpless.

Is this how Daehyun felt when I was in the coma? Is this how painful it felt to see somebody you love motionless, as if they were already dead?

Jae felt like her brain would explode any second, and she felt her heart accelerate, as well as hearing it in the monitor.

"Jae, calm down." Youngjae whispered, reaching for her hand, but she moved it out of the way, and continued reaching for her husband.

Daehyun, don't go. This can't be it.

"Dae!" She sobbed, nearly falling off the bed. Jongup quickly grabbed her in time, but she needed to get to Daehyun. She quickly got out of his arms and walked over to Daehyun, holding his soft hand, which was already beginning to feel cold. 

No, this can't be it. I can't lose you.

"H-hey, something's wrong!" 

The beeping sound coming from Daehyun's monitor began to slow down. Yong Guk stood up and ran out of the room, calling for Doctor Ryu.

"Daehyun, stay with us!" Youngjae pleaded, squeezing his best friend's arm. Jae squeezed her eyes shut.

Dae, don't do this. Stay with me and HaJoon.

Jae stared in horror as a horrible drone filled the room, and suddenly she lost it. 

"No Dae! Stay with me! I love you! I can't lose you like this!" She screamed, and she felt arms around her waist, trying to pull her back.

"Jae, calm down!" Himchan yelled, but she kept thrashing around in his arms, struggling to break free. She felt millions of images focus in on her brain, and suddenly, she remembered. But it was all too much to bear at once.

She soon faded to black.

****

10 year old Jae sat down at the little round table at the far end of the cafeteria. She watched as the other kids sat down and chatted loudly with their friends, laughing together and eating together. Jae sighed, turning her attention to the simple sandwich in front of her. Her best friend had moved away from Seoul, and now she had nobody to talk to, since she was too shy to talk to anybody else.

She sighed again and picked up her sandwich, taking a small bite while staring at the other kids enjoy each other's company. It was always like this. She felt as if she didn't exist in their vision, since they never notice her or even try to offer company.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" Jae looked up and nearly dropped her sandwich when she noticed a cute boy standing in front of her, holding his tray. He had a gentle smile on his face, and he stared at her expectantly.

"Um, sure." She quietly murmured, looking down at her tray. The boy smiled and took a seat next to her.

"Thanks." He said, and he immediately began to eat his sandwich. Jae was silent, but she was staring at the boy curiously.

"What's your name?" He suddenly asked as he caught her staring at him. Jae blushed and looked down again.

"I-I'm Jae I Iwa..." She murmured, and Daehyun smiled.

"Wow, what a pretty name. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jung Daehyun." He grinned, and Jae looked up at him and smiled softly.

"I-it's nice to mee you... Daehyun."

****

Jae's eyes popped open as a single tear rolled away from her eyes. Her brain was throbbing, causing her to have a huge, massive headache. Light shone through the windows, and she saw that it was broad daylight. At first, she couldn't remember where she was, but when she finally heard the beeping sounds from her monitor, she instantly remembered. Along with many other things.

The room was silent, too silent to her liking. Her eyes roamed around the room, but she couldn't find anyone.

Where are Yong Guk and the others? Where is my baby? Where is-

She froze, slowly turning her head to the left to look at Daehyun's bed. He had flatlined just before losing unconciousness. However, his bed was empty.

Did they already transport him... is that where everyone is?

"Dae..." She began to sob, and she nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard rustling beside her.

"Jae? Are you alright?" Daehyun poked his head up from beside the small couch that was next to the bed. Tears streamed down his face like a silent waterfall, and the bruises and cuts on his face had been cleaned. Jae stared at him, dumbfounded. But then she burst into hysterical tears and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

"Daehyun, y-you're alive..." She sobbed into his shoulder, and Daehyun gently smiled before placing a small kiss on her neck. He pulled away and nearly melted her with his smile.

"Jae, I told you that I would never leave you. I said that I'd always be here for you." He said, wiping her tears away with his thumb. Jae caressed his cheeks with her hands and sighed.

"I thought I lost you..."

"You can't get rid of me that easily." He chuckled, and Jae smiled and hugged him again, enjoying the warmth radiating from his body.

"I thought I lost you. When I woke up, I saw that you still haven't woken up yet, and it scared me..." He trailed off, looking down at his blue sneakers.

"I thought that since we were in an accident... I thought that I'd lose you to a coma again... or worse..." His voice cracked, and Jae shook her head.

"No, not this time." She said, and she took a deep breath.

"Daehyun, I remember now." Daehyun seemed confused at first, but then it hit him, and his watery eyes lit up with joy.

"Really, that's great babe! I'm so glad to have you back." He leaned in and gave her a warm kiss, ignoring the stinging pain from his cut lip. Jae understood. When she awoke and first saw Daehyun, she felt stronger feelings towards him than before. Her mind no longer felt empty and hollow. It felt full and lively, and she could now remember the beautiful memories she had shared with her friends and family.

"Where's Mee? She's responsible for this, I'm sure." Jae growled, remembering how she saw the witch behind the wheel. Daehyun squeezed her hands, shaking his head slightly.

"Jae, Mee is dead. She died a couple of hours ago." He whispered, and Jae stared at him. "Oh..." Was all she could manage. Sure, she hated the girl, and she would've enjoyed to see her get punished, but not this way. She was young, and still had her life to live. Jae wished that this didn't have to lead up to all of this.

"Yeah... It's game over now. But she went in peace, since she said that she was trying to win my heart..." He sighed, hastily wiping his tears away. He had been weeping since he thought that Jae had slipped into a coma again, or that he was going to lose her like he had nearly lost his life. He didn't want Mee to be punished like this either though. He silently embraced her and held her like that, her hair while Jae tried to comprehend what had just happened.

Mee is dead. She died trying to kill us. And now she paid the price.

Looks like it's game over after all.