Gender scan

Do you remember?

~ Back at the last chapter I posted, I think I should've skipped 5 months instead of 3... :P Sorry lol. And I couldn't make it too long since I  was baby-sitting. :) Aah babies!! <3

~

 

2 more months later...

 

"Jae, we're going to be late!" Daehyun groaned and banged his fist against the car horn. He drummed his fingers impatiently against the dashboard of his car and groaned again. If they didn't leave soon, they'd be late for their appointment. Today was the day that they would find out the gender of the baby, and Daehyun didn't want to be late. Jae was hurrying of course, but her actions were slower due to the weight on her body. She hurriedly slipped her shoes on and waddled outside, locking the door. She got inside the car and blew a piece of hair away from her face.

"Daehyun, the hospital is only 10 minutes away, and there's 20 minutes before the appointment. What's the rush?" Jae sighed, crossing her arms across her chest. Daehyun's annoyance disappeared, and he sheepishly smiled at her.

"I'm sorry babe. I'm just so excited." He sheepishly grinned, and Jae glared at him before smiling at him.

"I can tell. You were yelling at me. Don't forget that our baby can hear us too you know." Jae smiled as she rubbed her stomach,and Daehyun leaned in and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry." He said, and he drove to the hospital in a flash.

****

"Are you ready Jae?" Doctor Ryu asked, and Jae nodded and held Daehyun's hand. Doctor Ryu smiled and pulled up her sundress, and he spread the cool liquid onto Jae's stomach. She giggled as the ultra sound was placed into her stomach, and instantly, an image popped onto the screen.

"There's your baby." Doctor Ryu smiled, pointing to the screen. A small baby was laying there, barely moving its arms. He pointed in between the baby's legs, and luckily, he could tell right away what it was.

"See that small thing sticking out? Looks like it'll be a boy after all. Congratulations." Doctor Ryu said, and Jae squealed with delight. Daehyun's eyes was glued to the screen, but he had a huge smile on his face.

"I'm going to have a son!" He mindlessly bent down and kissed her stomach, smearing some of the cool liquid onto his cheek and knocking the ultra sound away, and the image disappeared.

"Daehyunah!! Babo!" Jae gently smacked Daehyun, and he sheepishly smiled at her. "Sorry."

"Can we have pictures Doctor Ryu?" Jae asked, and he nodded and smiled. "Of course dear."

****

Jae couldn't stop looking at the pictures even as they arrived back at the house. She still couldn't believe that she's going to have a son.

Now I can take care of a mini version of Daehyun.

She giggled at the thought. She went into the kitchen to make dinner, but Daehyun grabbed her and gently pushed her into the living room, making her sit down on the couch.

"I'll make dinner this time. You just relax." He said, and before Jae could protest, he silenced her with a kiss. He held her hands and kissed her wrist and fingers.

"Babe, you're giving me one of the greatest gifts in the world. The least I could do is cook for you." He said, giving her lips a warm peck. Jae smiled at him and shrugged. 

"I guess I could let you..." Daehyun smiled and nodded, and went right to work.

****

As much as Daehyun didn't want to, he had to leave for work the next morning. He had to continue supporting Jae and their baby, and knowing that they'd be getting married soon, he couldn't keep  complaining. The jobs pays really well, and Mi and Park were so kind. After he left, Jae grabbed her purse to a little bit of shopping.

****

"Jae!" Jae turned around and was briefly shocked to find Jongup standing behind her, holding a big bag of groceries.

"Hi Jongup, aren't the others with you?" Jae asked, and Jongup shook his head.

"I'm just running errands. Are you done shopping?" She nodded, and Jongup smiled his boyish smile and led her to the register. He took out his wallet and pulled out 100,000 won. Jae's eyes widened, and she shook her head.

"Jongup, I-"

"I'll pay. It's on me." He smiled, handing the cashier his money. Jae sighed and crossed her arms. Jongup also carried her bags, and he even decided to walk her home.

Jongup is the sweetest man ever, always smiling and always in a good mood.

She waddled behind him, trying to keep up with his quick strides. The boy was athletic, she knew, but could he give a pregnant lady a break? He was listening to music, but he had only one earbud on so he could hear her. She was about to open to tell him to slow down, but suddenly an arm s out and yanked her into the alley she was just passing.