Frustration

Do you remember?

Daehyun was fuming.

He had been waiting for Jae to come home so they can talk about what happened. He had been willing to explain what he felt, and he kept glancing out of the window to check if she came home. After the 100th time, he finally saw her, but she was with another guy. He didn't recognize him at all, and when Daehyun saw him kiss her forehead, and that she was laughing, Daehyun felt anger bubbling inside of him. Sure, he'd been willing to let her live her own life, but seeing her with another guy after what had happened made his anger shoot through the roof.

Jae happily skipped inside and bumped directly into Daehyun's chest.

"Who was that guy?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest. Jae's eyes widened briefly, but then she had a huge smile on her face.

Why is she smiling?

"Why are you smiling? Is he your boyfriend now?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes. Her smile had faded now, and her eyes widened again.

"Daehyun, what are you talking about?" She said, suddenly feeling tiny under his intense gaze. Daehyun felt her tension, and he internally screamed at himself for being an idiot, but his mouth and brain had a mind of its own.

"I didn't expect you to replace me so easily, even after what happened." He said, and Jae frowned at him now.

"Daehyun, that's not what happened!" She said, and she tried to walk past him, but he blocked her path and stepped foreward, causing her to step back. She felt her back hit the wall, and she had never seen so much hurt and anger in Daehyun's eyes before.

Or at least, that she could recall.

"Well babe, then what was that about?" He questioned, and Jae felt anger starting to form inside of her. How could he completely accuse her of such a thing without knowing the truth? Her hands balled into fists, and she glared at him.

"How could you accuse me of such a thing without even knowing the truth?" She snapped, and Daehyun sighed.

"Well explain, I'm waiting."

"He's my cousin!" She yelled, gently shoving him so that she wouldn't suffocate under his gaze. Daehyun was momentarily stunned.

"Your cousin?" He whispered, and Jae glared at him. 

"Yes, my cousin. I came home ready to explain how I found one of my relatives before you rudely accused me of such a thing. How could you think that I'd do something like that, even after what.... happened..." Her voice grew quiet at the last part, and she felt her cheeks beginning to burn up. Daehyun sighed and scratched his head.

"Jae, how would you know if this man was your cousin?"

"He told me. He recognized me." Jae gave him a look, like that was a ridiculous question.

"Did you tell him about your condition?" Jae nodded and Daehyun sighed.

"You can't do that! Anybody can lie to you, and they can try to take advantage of you!" Jae sighed loudly.

"He knew my name and recognized me before I told him anything! Besides, he knew of my parents' death, he just thought that I died as well!"

"Still, you can't just tell people about your condition! You'd never know if that person is a fraud who will want to use you later!" Jae groaned and managed to push past Daehyun, heading for the stairs. Daehyun grabbed her arm, halting her in her tracks. Jae glared at him and yanked her arm away.

"Jae, wait." Jae didn't listen, she was tired of this. She was tired of everything.

"I can take care of myself too you know." She said, little quietly. She ran up the stairs and into her room.

Daehyun winced when he heard Jae slam her bedroom door shut a little too hard than normal. He groaned and gripped his hair in an angry way.

Way to go idiot. Now the girl you love probably hates your guts right now.

Daehyun didn't mean to lose his composure. The thought of seeing another man with Jae, or people who would take advantage of her condition made him angry. He wasn't angry at Jae; he was just angry in general. Not only that, but he probably jeopardized his only chance to win her back, but he probably just lost her forever.

Jae sat down on her bed and probably strangled her pillow to death with her arms. Hot, angry tears formed in her eyes, and a brilliant shade of pink was on her face. She was furious.

Why does that man have to be so infuriating?!

She hated everything at the moment. She hated her Amnesia, she pretty much hated her life at the moment, and she hated feeling so helpless. She buried her face in her pillow and screamed her lungs out, and when she was done, she threw her pillow down and laid down on the bed. She buried her face in her arms, completely out of breath from her furious scream. She was exhausted, and her headache was increasing once again.

Daehyun stood outside of her room, wondering if he should give her some time to cool off, or just go in and deal with her anger. He couldn't bear with the thought of Jae being angry at him, and just giving her space was killing him. He wanted to knock, but his hand froze before it hit the door. He could quietly hear her sobbing, and he knew that he just added to her pressure.

I'm such an idiot. I need to stop thinking about how I feel. What she feels is more important.

He had never heard Jae cry so much in all of the years that he had known her, since she was always smiling and laughing. She can brighten up anyone's mood with a simple smile, and she could easily make anyone cry at the sight of her tears. Jae was truly special, an angel sent down from the heavens.

He decided to let her have some space, and he painfully walked downstairs and into the living room. He wanted to brighten up her mood, and suddenly an idea popped into his head. He smiled to himself and grabbed his car keys.

Jae, I'm sorry.