Thank you

Do you remember?

Yongguk, Himchan, and Daehyun left their shifts early the next morning, and Jae was once again alone with Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo. The boys went to sleep late last night, so they were still asleep. Jae awoke early though, and she suddenly had the urge to go out. She quickly showered and changed into a black sundress, fed Lucky and left him in her room. She wrote the boys a note and quietly walked out of their dorm. She had only one destination in mind, one that has been bothering her all week ever since her house burned down. Nobody knows what started the fire, and she didn't know herself.

Jae stopped by a flower shop and bought a bouquet of white flowers, then she walked until she reached the cemetary. She gulped and around the area. She always hated seeing this place. It gave her goosebumps to think that she was in a place where dead people were buried. But she straightened up and bravely walked on, searching for her parents' graves. It took her a while, but she finally noticed the 2 grey graves of her parents.

 

RIP Yoon ChiWoong

1985-2009

He had a heart of gold

 

RIP Su Hwa

1986-2009

She was like an angel

 

Jae felt her stomach begin to flip. Her parents were buried below her feet. She slowly slumped to the floor and took a deep breath.

"Hi mother, hi father." She said, and she stopped to give herself a moment. She wished that Daehyun could be by her side, but she had to do this alone.

"After the accident, I had slipped into a coma for 4 years. After I awoke, I had lost my memory. I've slowly been remembering them one by one, but I feel bad. I'm sorry that I forgot about you." Her vision began to blur, and her voice cracked a bit. She gave herself a moment before continuing.

"Just about a week ago, our house burned down. Nobody knows what started the fire, but I'm very upset. It's the only important piece that I have of you left, and I lost that too... I'm so sorry. I miss you..." She slowly began to sob, and she held out the flowers, almost expecting for someone to grab it.

"I bought you flowers. I wanted to say thank you; thank you for everything that you've done for me. There were times where we fought, screamed at each other, cried with each other, or hugged each other. We had our good and bad times, but I absolutely am grateful for the life that you've given me. If I could go back in time and see you just once more... I'd be happy." She sobbed, setting the flowers down in between their graves.

"Thank you for everything. I love you." The wind blew, sending one of the flowers flying and landing on her lap. She gasped, but smiled and stood up.

Thank you.

****

Daehyun wiped the sweat off of his face as he finished wiping the tables. He picked up any glass and plates left behind, and hurried off to place them in the kitchen. Mi and Park watched with amazement. They had never seen somebody work so hard before, especially for a girl.

"Daehyun truly is something else." Park said, his brows raised with amazement. Mi smiled and nodded.

"I think we should give him a raise." She said, and Park nodded as he watched Daehyun return from the kitchen to push the chairs in.

"Hey Daehyun!" Park called him over, and Daehyun walked over, panting and exhausted. It had been another busy afternoon.

"You work too hard. Relax boy." He chuckled, and Daehyun nervously rubbed the back of his sweaty head.

"S-sorry. I just want to get the money to help my girlfriend out." He said, and Park smiled at him.

"You're one of a kind. We decided to give you a raise in your salary." He said, and Daehyun's eyes widened.

"R-really?"

"Yes, we want to help you as well. Besides, you work so hard and do an excellent job, so you deserve to be rewarded. As a matter of fact, take the day off tomorrow." 

"Are you sure?" Daehyun asked. Park nodded, and he smiled.

"Thank you sir!" They put 440,000 won in his hand, and he'd get the rest of the money on payday. Daehyun happily walked out of the restaurant to meet up with Yongguk and Himchan so they could walk home together.

****

Daehyun found Jae staring up at the ceiling in his dark room. He walked up to her and touched her arm. She jumped a bit, but relaxed when she noticed who it was.

"Jae, are you alright?" He asked, lying down next to her. She snuggled closer to him and nodded.

"I'm fine. I visited my parents' graves today." She said, and Daehyun's eyes widened.

"Alone?" She nodded. Daehyun placed a kiss on her lips and sadly smiled at her.

"How do you feel?"

"I feel like they're a bit closer to me now." She admitted, and Daehyun silently nodded, unsure of what else to say. They both stared at each other in silence.

"So, what's the real reason that you, Yongguk and Himchan leave every morning. You couldn't possibly have meetings with the manager every day." Daehyun nervously chuckled and coughed slightly.

"No, we also run errands for him." Jae pouted her lips, not believing him. Daehyun chuckled and kissed her pout away. He had to get the money fast, before Jae figures out his surprise for her.