Bonus: HaJoon and Saemin

Do you remember?

"HaJoon, give that back to me!"

Saemin chased after her brother. HaJoon held the girl's teddy bears tightly in his hands as he darted down the stairs. Saemin tried to run faster, but she screeched in pain when she tripped over the last step. She landed face-first on the floor, tears immediately surfacing to her eyes when hot pain shot through her nose. HaJoon stopped in his tracks and ran back to help his younger sister.

"This is all your fault." Saemin's tears slid down her cheeks as the boy helped her up. Some blood was beginning to trickle down her nose, and HaJoon sighed loudly as he lead her towards the bathroom.

"You should learn to be more careful, clumsy girl." He scolded as he began to wipe the blood away with a wet towel. Saemin glared at him and slapped his hand away when he had accidently applied pressure to her nose.

"I wouldn't have fallen if you hadn't taken my bears!"

"My friends are coming over today, so I wanted to clean up a bit."

"But those are my things!"

"Yeah, but it's my room!"

"Our room!"

HaJoon sighed loudly and ran his hand through his hair. He didn't like sharing a room with Saemin. She was too... girly for his tastes, and his friends would always for having half of a girly room. It was embarrassing. He was thirteen now. He felt like he should have his own room.

"I don't care about what you think! It's my room, so you better put all of your stupid bears and girly things away! My friends will be here soon, and I don't want them to tease me again."

"It's my room, and I have a right to stay." Saemin stubbornly said, holding her head high. HaJoon narrowed his eyes at her before he picked up the bears again. He marched up towards their room, ignoring Saemin's protests. He began to pick up all of Saemin's belongings and threw them onto her bed. Saemin was confused at his actions and she shoved him to try and stop him.

"What are you doing?!"

"If you won't do what I say, then leave."

The girl froze at his words, and she stared at him longingly. She couldn't believe what she had heard. "W-what?" She whispered, lowering her head. He didn't mean it... did he?

HaJoon sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't want to do this, but if Saemin wasn't going to listen to him, he had no other choice. "If you're not going to listen, then leave." He said, pointing to the door. Saemin was rendered speechless. She couldn't believe it. Her own brother was kicking her out of their room. Before the tears could surface to her eyes, Saemin grabbed her belongings and ran out of the room.

When his friends came over, they didn't . HaJoon should've felt relieved, but his heart felt heavy. The room felt a lot more emptier than he had anticipated. He suddenly wasn't having much fun anymore.

He hadn't seen his sister for the rest of the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HaJoon hadn't talked to Saemin in about three days. The girl was doing all that she could to avoid her brother. His mother wasn't happy with his behavior towards the girl. At first, Jae thought that this would simply pass just like all of their other fights, but when she found out that Saemin was sleeping in the laundry room, she was disappointed with her son. Eventually, Daehyun decided to talk to him.

"Son, I'm not happy with the way you're treating Saemin."

HaJoon scoffed and glanced away from his father. "Well, I don't like it when she leaves her stuff lying around. It's embarrassing and my friends always tease me because of it." He was feeling insecure. He loved Saemin, he really did, but he just felt embarrassed to be with her sometimes. Even he was ashamed of his thoughts.

Daehyun's stern expression softened and he reached over to pat his son's shoulder. He could understand what HaJoon was feeling, because the boy was starting to grow up. He was beginning to mature and he just wanted to show off a cool image.

"You shouldn't care about what people think of you. It wasn't right of you to kick your sister out, even if it was embarassing. I know that you want to act cool, but what you did was uncool." HaJoon lowered his head and let his father's words sink in. He was right. The girl had done nothing wrong, yet he had forced her to leave. She even spent her nights in the laundry room, which was probably very uncomfortable and cramped. He promised to apologize to her when he could set his insecurities to the side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sudden scream woke HaJoon up late one night. He knew that the outburst had belonged to his sister. Without thinking, he got up and reached for the bat underneath of his bed. He didn't bother to put any pants on and simply tiptoed out of his room and down the hall in his boxers. He glanced around in the darkness, searching for any kinds of danger before carefully walking down the stairs. He held the bat tightly in his hands as he slowly approached the laundry room, and taking a deep breath, he flung the door open.

Saemin almost screamed again when she suddenly saw HaJoon holding a bat over his head. Both kids were surprised for a moment before the boy stepped into the cramped space to sit next to his sister. He immediately caressed her face with his cheeks and inspected her.

"Are you alright? I heard you scream-" He trailed off when Saemin suddenly embraced him. He was startled by the sudden action and hesitated to wrap his arms around her.

"Oh my gosh! This was this huge spider that crawled into my shirt!" Saemin shivered at the horrid memory and buried her face into her brother's bare shoulder. When he didn't offer her any sort of response, Saemin quickly pulled away and looked away.

"S-sorry..."

HaJoon still didn't say anything. His head was lowered and his hands were balled into fists. Saemin was worried that she made her brother angry at her again, but the boy surprised her by suddenly picking her up. She blinked at him and watched as he carried her towards the stairs.

"W-where are you taking me?"

"Back to our room." He finally said, and Saemin's eyes widened. Was she forgiven?

HaJoon placed her on his bed instead of hers, and the girl cast him a worried glance. "I can just go and get my blanket-"

"Tomorrow." HaJoon said as he climbed into bed with her. He pulled the covers up their shoulders and pulled his sister's body closer to his. Saemin couldn't even look at him anymore.

"I'm sorry for what I did. It was stupid of me to care so much about what my friends thought of me. It was stupid of me to kick you out of our room just because I felt embarrassed," Saemin opened to say something, but HaJoon placed his hand over to silence her. "No, let me finish. It's true that I felt embarrassed because we share a room together. I'm thirteen, and like dad said, I'm starting to grow up. I want to be able to show a cooler image of myself... but what I did was uncool.

"Saemin, you're my younger sister. You're eleven, so you're still very young. I'm sorry that I felt embarrassed because of you. You're my sister and I love you no matter what. Please forgive me for what I did." HaJoon's cheeks were flaming red as he finished his little speech. He stared at his sister, hoping that she would forgive him for his stupidity, but the boy was shocked to find the girl's cheeks damp with tears.

"W-why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" He began to panic as he wiped her tears away with his thumb. Saemin shook her head and sniffled. 

"No, I'm happy. I thought that you hated me."

The boy relaxed and he embraced his sister. "I could never hate you. We may always fight, but I would never hate you."

"Thank you." Saemin smiled. HaJoon ruffled the girl's hair and kissed her forehead.

HaJoon vowed to take better care of his sister. He learned that he shouldn't care so much about what people say about him. He learned that his sister was still just a child and didn't know what it was like to start growing up. He felt ashamed of his actions and vowed to never repeat the same mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saemin knew that HaJoon's friends were visiting again, so she made sure to hide her teddy bears and clean up her side of their room. HaJoon told her that she didn't need to do that, but the girl knew that her brother was still feeling a bit insecure, so she did this favor for him.

His friends didn't like before, and Saemin was relieved. She watched as the boys played their video games and laughed together. She suddenly felt out of place by being in the room, so she grabbed a book and was getting ready to leave when HaJoon stopped her.

"Come play this game with us." If Saemin was shocked by his actions from last night, then this one took the prize. HaJoon never invited her to play games with his friends before. However, the boy was smiling at her and he even patted at a spot on his bean bag. His friends didn't mind at all and they simply welcomed her into the game.

Saemin smiled at her brother as he handed her a controller, and they all played together. Although the boys were better at the game than she was, everyone was laughing together and having a good time. HaJoon was happy to have his sister by his side, and he was glad that his friends also welcomed her as well. He had really screwed up before, but he swore that he would do better this time.

HaJoon was happy to have Saemin as his precious little sister.



Author's Notes

 

Hello my lovelies! I had been planning this for a while, and I had originally wanted to update on Daehyun's birthday, but I had gotten sick/busy. I was originally going to write about Daehyun, but then I thought of their son HaJoon and their daughter Saemin (who wasn't mentioned in the story), and then this idea popped into my head. Ta-dah! I wrote a short chapter about HaJoon and Saemin's relationship.

I can't believe that this story has almost reached 100 subbies. I'm super thankful for all of the love and support many of you provided for me, so I do hope that you enjoyed this bonus chapter as well. I'm not perfect at writing, but I'm slowly and surely improving. Give me some feedback! :)

Anyways, if you guys want to read my other stories that I've written, feel free to check them out below~ ^^

Crimson Moon - Daehyun || Mystery

Please Stay - Jongup || Romance, Angst

Letters of Endearment - Jongup || Angst, Romance

*There are more, but those are my main ones.

I love you all! 

XOXO~

~BAPisPerfect~