Epilogue

Do you remember?

Daehyun winced in pain as he slowly sat down on the hammock on his roof, gripping Jae's back for support. He had been discharged from the hospital about a week ago, but his body felt like it was made of broken glass, and everytime he moved, he felt like his body would break apart into small shards. The death of Mee had shaken everybody, despite the burning hatred they had for her. They knew she had to be punished, but not this way. This was a cruel way to punish somebody.

Jae carefully laid down beside his body on the hammock, quietly staring at the night sky. There were millions of stars out tonight, all lost in the dark sea above.

"It's funny what life throws at you." Daehyun murmured, and Jae turned her head to face him, but he was still looking at the night sky.

"You don't know what to expect in life. And the most unfair things happen too. But also, it rewards you with beautiful, precious gifts to cherish forever." He added, finally turning his attention to her. His cold breath fanned her face, and she pulled her scarf over her lips to keep them warm. Daehyun had also pulled his mask on, and when he spoke, his voice was muffled a bit and deeper.

"I love you Jae, and I'm so glad that I didn't lose you. I don't know how many times I almost lost you, but I promise you, this will be the last time you ever have to suffer." He said, caressing her cold cheek with his gloved hand. Jae's ears felt hot, both from the cold and from the effects Daehyun had on her. She smiled from behind the scarf, snuggling closer to him so she could enjoy Daehyun's warmth radiating from his body.

"I love you Daehyun. I'm so happy that I got to meet such a perfect man like you. You always stayed by my side and continued to fight for me, making all kinds of sacrifices for me. You truly are the most amazing person I've ever met." Jae said, closing her eyes for a moment, losing herself in his warmth. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, and despite the freezing December air, she didn't feel cold. Daehyun was providing her plenty of warmth.

Jae felt her scarf being pulled down, and she slowly opened her eyes in time to see Daehyun lean in and gently brush his lips against hers. His hand cradled her neck as he pulled her into him, deepening the kiss, losing himself in it. Nothing existed around them; time, the cold air, the time, the world, nothing. It wasn't until they heard a cough that their moment shattered. They looked up and saw a flushed Jongup, but of course, still held his famous smile on his face.

"It's almost time for the countdown." He said, and they nodded. Jae sat up and slowly helped Daehyun sit up, but he held up a hand.

"I've got it babe." He said, and he slowly got up, but he clenched his jaw in pain. Jae and Jongup held his shoulders and back for support as they helped the sore Daehyun walk down the stairs and into the house, where everybody was waiting. Yoo came over and helped Daehyun take a seat while he shrugged his jacket off, and Min, who had become Jae's best friend, hurriedly led her to the living room where everyone was gathered. All of her family that she had left, including Daehyun's family, B.A.P, her own family, and Mi and Park were waiting for her, all holding B.A.P 2013 glowsticks. Daehyun's mother handed her one and sat her down on the couch.

"1 minute until the New Year is here!" She excitedly said, and Jae giggled. Lucky jumped onto her lap and stared at the TV as the coundown began. Daehyun sat down next to her, holding HaJoon in his arms, a small smile on his face.

"10,9,8,7,6...." Jae glanced at Daehyun, who was slowly leaning in with every number that was said.

"3,2,1!! Happy New Year!" Everybody cheered, and Daehyun captured Jae's lips just as the countdown ended. Sparks flew, and they completely forgot about everybody in the room. They heard cheers and whistles, but they ignored them, losing themselves in blissful glory.

"Alright you two, don't forget that there are two babies with you." YuhJoon chuckled, and Daehyun chuckled before pulling away and giving Jae a warm smile, one that made her cheeks light up in flames.

"Saranghae, my love." He whispered, placing one more kiss on her lips. She felt as if her heart would pop out of her chest and soar through the atmosphere.

How can one man be so perfect?

"Alright, everybody! Group picture!" Daehyun's father announced, setting up the camera. Everyone got into poses, surrounding the small couch that Jae and Daehyun were sitting at. B.A.P, of course, made the silliest but cutest poses they could think of, and obviously, the maknae line won. Daehyun's father set the camera up and hurried to get into the picture, and everybody smiled.

"Happy New Year!"

While everybody was cheering and celebrating, Jae smiled to herself. She couldn't believe how drastically her life had changed in as little as one mere year. She had woken up to find her old life taken away from her, but the most perfect man was there to support and care for her. Of course, from the annoying encounters with Mee Yon, her life had taken a stressful toll, but it had improved as her life improved. Now she was married with the man she loved so much, and she has a beautiful son and Siberien Husky to care for. She may have lost her parents, her closest family, but she has a new family to care and support her. One that loves her unconditionally, just as her parents had loved her.

She still misses her parents, but she has let go and forced a smile upon her face as she faced the future. Just like Daehyun's grandmother had stated, you must smile and look onto the future. It may be painful to simply move on, but it all happens one day when you're ready. And Jae was ready. She was ready to accept her new life, accept new memories and new friends and family to her own family, and she no longer cries like she had used to. She is now willing to fight and care for the people she loves, just as they had been fighting and caring for her. 

Daehyun set HaJoon down in his carrier and held Jae's hand, slyly leading her away from the crowd to his room. He kicked the door shut with his foot and scooped her in his arms, spinning her around. Jae giggled, and when he set her down, she held him tightly to her.

"I never get tired of saying how much I love you. In fact, there are no other ways to describe just how much I truly love you." Daehyun whispered, his voice husky. Jae smiled and leaned in a bit closer, their foreheads leaning against each other. She gazed into Daehyun's dark orbs, dissolving in his gaze. He had closed the distance between them, Jae wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him even closer. She couldn't get enough of this. She didn't know what she would've done if she had lost Daehyun back at the hospital. He had nearly died for good, but even he wouldn't give up, and he ended up saving himself, along with aid from Doctor Ryu.

Gosh, I owe so many people so much, and I don't even know where to start.

"By staying with us is a way to repay us." Daehyun murmured, startling Jae. She hadn't known that she had spoken her thoughts out loud.

"But-"

"No buts. We need your love, your presence. That's enough for us. We love you Jae. We're sad that we lost your parents, but thank the lord, we didn't lose you. If I lost you that day, I would've been dead as well." He whispered breathlessly, slipping his cold fingers inside her shirt, causing her to squirm and smile.

"Oh Dae. Thank you." She hugged him, already feeling the emotions begin to work their way up to her eyes. She promised she wouldn't cry anymore unless it was necessary, but he always made things difficult. But she held them in, even if it caused her a slight headache. Daehyun laced their fingers together and headed for the living room as they heard their new family calling from them. Jae hastily wiped a  stray tear that had escaped her eyes with her hand, and she smiled a bright smile as she went to join her family in the celebration.

My life... My family... I'm complete now.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadly, this was the final chapter of this story... It's over! :( I honestly didn't expect to get 50+ subscribers... :)

I really enjoyed writing this story and sharing it with everyone. :) Everyone, thank you for your love and support. :D You guys are amazing ^^ I love you guys!

 

Daehyun's smile is so perfect~ *0*  It's not fair how Jae gets to witness this everyday =\ Lol~

 

Daehyun loves us! *0* <3

 

>//< Geez, his smile...

Haha, sorry for the spam. I love Daehyun >//< Anyway, thanks for reading this story and supporting me. I appreciate it! ^^ Love ya guys! Also, I'm going to write another story soon :) It's called "Late Summer Rain", starring my dancing idol, Jonguppie! ^^ Check it out if you guys want. :) I'll post it soon~ <3 

 

And Youngjae with his gentle smile waves goodbye! :D Bye bye!

~Fighting~ <3