One chance

Do you remember?

Daehyun quietly stepped out of his room and quietly closed the door, then walked into the living room where the boys were.

"Is she asleep?" Yongguk asked, and Daehyun nodded and sat down on the couch, burying his face in his hands. He let out a loud sigh, and he felt another tear escape his face.

"I feel like I just lost her." He mumbled, and Youngjae sat down next to him and patted his shoulder.

"There's still hope." He said, trying to cheer his best friend up. Daehyun shook his head and kept his face in his hands.

"I don't know Youngjae... My existence doesn't ring a bell to her. Besides, she can't remember anything. Can you imagine not being to remember who your family is or who you even are?" He said, raising his head and staring at Youngjae. Youngjae didn't answer; he didn't know what to say.

"Doctor Ryu said that her Amnesia is temporary, but who knows how long he means by that. And we don't even know if she'll regain all of her memories, if any." He added, and everyone was silent. Daehyun felt helpless that he couldn't Jae remember anything faster. He wiped away any tears on his face, and sighed.

"Don't give up hope hyung." Zelo said, and Daehyun gave him a small smile. "Thanks Zelo."

"We'll be here to help you. You're not alone and niether is Jae." Jongup said, and everyone else nodded at him.

"Thanks guys."

The boys tried to get Daehyun's mind off of things, so they walked into their soundproof dance studio and danced to warrior, but Daehyun wasn't into it. They tried dancing to power, but Daehyun gave up and walked over to the side. He watched as the boys danced, and he exhaled in frustration. He was worried for Jae. She didn't have any place to live at, and he didn't know where her other relatives lived. He knew that she couldn't live alone in her home either. He decided to go upstairs and check up on her, just in case something was wrong. He walked inside and found her fast asleep on his bed still, and he quietly shut the door and crouched beside her.

Her beautiful face was relaxed, and her plump lips were set in a straight line. Her warm brown eyes were hidden behind her eyelids, and her chest rose everytime she took a breath. Daehyun smiled to himself, and very gently, he reached out and caressed her cheek. He gently her cheek, and he felt another tear escape him.

4 years. I've been waiting for 4 years for you to wake up. And you finally did.

Daehyun gazed at her plump, pink lips, and he found himself leaning in slowly.

Let me live just once.

Very gently, his lips brushed against her, sending sensations running throughout his body. He pulled away slowly, and he rested his chin on the edge of the bed, staring at her beautiful face. 

Stop being creepy.

Daehyun nearly gasped when Jae's eyes suddenly popped open, and she jumped when she saw Daehyun right in front of her. She jumped up so fast that she nearly bumped her head against the wall. The last thing Jae wanted was to lose the last piece of her existence, her identity.

"Sorry if I woke you up..." Daehyun said, sitting on the bed next to Jae. She nervously smiled at him.

"No, it's fine. I just woke up myself." She said, although she could've sworn she felt something while she was asleep. She stared at Daehyun, and she noticed the bags under his eyes, and how pale his face looked. He must've not been sleeping well.

"Daehyun, I um... need to talk to you about something.." Jae began, nervously looking at her fingers. Daehyun waited for her to continue, swallowing the nervous lump that formed in his throat again.

"Daehyun, you're a great guy... And I admire B.A.P, but us being together... I don't know." She began, glancing at Daehyun. His expression was pained, his mouth set in a sad frown. He was silent.

"I can't remember anything about you, and I don't want to keep leading you on if I don't know who you really are, or if I'm not even sure of my own feelings." She said, her voice growing quieter. Daehyun felt as if somebody was stomping on his heart repeatedly. The words he was hearing made his heart bleed at the thought of losing Jae, and he felt his chest tighten up.

"You wouldn't want a girl who can't remember anything anyway..." She quietly added, and Daehyun shook his head.

"Jae, please don't. Don't say that. I love you, I don't want to lose you again. I almost lost you once, and I don't want to lose you again." Daehyun pleaded, grabbing her hands and holding them close to his heart. Jae furrowed her brows in an upset way, and she wished that she didn't hurt him like this. But she couldn't keep leading him on.

"Daehyun, I'm sorry but I can't keep leading you on." She said, trying to pull her hands back, but Daehyun tightened his grip on them. He kissed her fingers, then her palm and wrist, and gave her a pleading look.

"Don't do this. Please, give me one last chance." 

"Dae-"

"One month. Give me one month. If you truly don't want to be with me by then, then I'll know that it's over..." It took all of his strength to say the last part. Jae I Iwa was his entire world. He truly loved her, and he'd be dead if he lost her again. He fell for her so hard, and he couldn't imagine life without her by his side. Jae was silent, giving herself a moment to think. She really couldn't do this to him.

"If you really don't want to be with me when a month is over, then I promise to leave you alone..." He whispered, and she sighed. This was too much on her plate, and she couldn't believe what she had said.

"Alright fine..." She gave in, and Daehyun's face brightened up a bit for several moments before returning back to a frown.

"Thanks for giving me one last chance." He said, and she gave him an awkward smile.

"When I explained about your past, did you remember anything at all?" Daehyun suddenly remembered, and Jae shook her head and sighed.

"I tried... even when the boys explained some things to me... nothing came to mind." Her tiny smile was quivering, and he couldn't bear to see her tears again. He held her and her hair, resting his chin against her shoulder.

"Don't worry, we're going to help you with this. You'll remember things soon, but it'll take time." Jae forced herself to smile and nodded, wrapping her arms around Daehyun. Daehyun was an amazing person, and he had stayed by her side the entire time, supporting her and he refused to give up. So why hadn't she fallen for him?

"Also, I have a request." Daehyun said, and he pulled away and stared into the eyes of the woman he loved so much. 

"I was wondering... since you'll be alone at your house, I was wondering if I could stay with you, to give you some company." Jae raised her brows at him.

"I um, don't-"

"I refuse to leave your side." He added, and she sighed. He was such a sweet man.

"What about the boys?" She asked, crossing her legs. He grinned.

"They won't mind. Besides, they know how much you mean to me." Jae felt her cheeks heat up again, but her heart rate stayed the same. She was beginning to wonder if it would really be alright to continue with their deal. She really didn't want to hurt Daehyun.

"Alright fine..." She gave in again since he flashed her his famous smile again. He chuckled and went into the closet and grabbed a huge duffelbag.

"Thanks Jae." Jae watched as he practically threw all of his clothes in the bag, not bothering to organize them in a neater way. He struggled to close the bag, and she giggled when he had finally closed it and pretended to wipe sweat off of his forehead. He held his hand towards her, and she stared at it for a moment before she took it, and he smiled and entwined their fingers together. He missed holding her hand like this. He had missed the warmth in her hands.

They walked together to the dance studio, where the boys were taking a break. Youngjae stared at Daehyun's bag, then at him.

"Where are you going?" He asked, and Daehyun nodded his head towards Jae.

"I'm going to live with Jae. I don't want to leave her side, and I want to help her regain some memories." He said, and Youngjae sadly smiled at Jae.

"Yongguk, I can go right?"

"Go ahead Daehyun... We'll pass by and help out as well. Be careful, and Jae-" He walked up to her and hugged her, surprising everybody, even himself. Yongguk was always the tough and scary person out of the group, and they didn't expect to see him hug a girl, at least in front of them. Jae had changed them in more ways than one.

"Take care of yourself." He added, placing a kiss on her forehead, once again, shocking him and the others. Jae gave him a huge smile and hugged him again.

"Thank you Yongguk. Thank you all." She gave them all a hug, leaving them all heartbroken and sad like Daehyun was. Daehyun led her to the car, opening the door for her. They climbed in and drove in the direction on Jae's house.

We're coming home.