When good things happen...

Do you remember?

~ Once again, I was in school, so I had to cut the chapter short. Sorry~ :)

Daehyun kissed her slowly, his hands getting tangled in Jae's hair. Jae encircled her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. She felt feelings stir in her heart like never before, and she thought that it would explode very soon. Daehyun placed his hands on her waist, and without breaking the kiss, he pulled her onto his lap. Her fingers played around with his hair, and she heard Daehyun utter a groan. He began to deepen the kiss, and when she parted her lips slightly, his tongue made an entrance.

She tastes like vanilla.

Jae was lost in their own little bubble, and she gripped Daehyun's hair as his tongue did sinfully wicked things to her. She pulled away and in a deep breath, knowing that if she didn't, she would have fainted. Daehyun was breathless as well, and he seemed dazed for several moments.

Jae understood what her heart wanted now. Behind all of the pain and misery she was suffering, she was too caught up in her emotions to realize it. She was convinced that her feelings for Daehyun disappeared along with her memory, but it hadn't. It had always been there; it had just been locked away deep in her heart. Jae felt confident now.

"Daehyun, I have something to tell you." She began, and he nodded his head.

"Daehyun, I understand what my heart wants. I had been convinced that my feelings disappeared, but it really was only locked away in my heart. She stopped and gave herself another moment.

"Daehyun, I don't think that I've ever stopped loving you." She finally said, and Daehyun's eyes widened. Emotions swirled all over him, and he felt a tear slide down his cheek. Jae's smile began to fade, and a look of concern crossed her face. "Dae?"

"Jae... You don't know how happy I am to hear those words." He whispered, and she smiled and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head against his shoulder, sighing happily. Lucky barked and jumped on Jae's lap, joining the group hug.

"Lucky, she's mine!" Daehyun said, wrapping his arms around Jae in a protective way. She laughed and rubbed Lucky's head.

"Don't be so mean, Lucky's too cute. He's a part of our family now." She said, and Daehyun stared at her for a moment.

Our family.

He needed a future with Jae, and he knew that he had taken a small step towards his goal.

****

The next afternoone, Daehyun left to go to the dorms for a meeting with the group, but he promised Jae that he'd be back in an hour. Fortunately, the meeting ended early, and Daehyun eagerly drove back to the house. Only when he arrived, he felt his heart stop completely, and cold sweat broke out all over his body.

The house was in flames.