Happy Birthday

Do you remember?

Jae awoke to the feel of something soft against her skin. She stirred but she didn't open her eyes. She felt something warm and wet slide against her arm, and she stirred again.

"Lucky, stop being so cute and stop me." She quietly whispered, keeping her eyes closed. She has been exhausted this past week, and fortunately, she had been able to remember a few more memories this week. She remembered good times she spent with her other relatives, and she had been able to remember something Yoo SiHyun as well.

She felt the on her arm stop, but then she felt Lucky her face. She smiled and opened her eyes, only it wasn't Lucky at all.

"Eww!" She yelled, sitting up so quickly that she and Daehyun bumped their heads together. She winced and held her forehead, glaring at Daehyun.

"Ow... Eww, Daehyun that was gross." She said, but she couldn't hide the grin on her face. Daehyun rubbed his forehead and gave her a small smile.

"Hey, I wasn't the only one. Lucky did it too." He pointed to Lucky, who laid down on his back and wagged his tail, waiting for Jae to rub his stomach. She smiled and rubbed his soft stomach.

"Lucky is adorable, and you're not, so he can get away with things." She teased, and Daehyun's jaw dropped open. He pretended to look offended and sobbed, and Jae rolled her eyes.

"Happy Birthday Jae." He said, holding out red and white roses for her, ones that he had hidden behind his back the entire time. Jae gasped, shocked.

"I completely forgot! Daehyun, thank you..." She laughed awkwardly, accepting the roses and holding them close to her. With everything going on around her, she had completely forgotten about her birthday. She was surprised that Daehyun actually remembered, and actually gave her roses too.

"No problem babe. Follow me." He held her hand and led her downstairs, and she nearly jumped out of her skin at the surprise waiting for her in the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Jae!" B.A.P sang, and she gasped and covered her burning face with her hands. They prepared her a special breakfast, topped with pancakes, her favorite fruits, drinks, and of course, cake.

"You guys... You shouldn't have..." She whispered, and Himchan smiled at her.

"We were planning on taking you out during the day, but instead, we decided with breakfast, so that you and Daehyun can have the evening to yourselves." He wiggled his brows, and her face turned even redder, if that was possible. Daehyun nervously laughed and coughed.

"W-well, anyway, let's eat!" 

****

After a long morning and afternoon of the most insane and exciting fun Jae ever had on her birthday, the boys finally left to let her enjoy the rest of her birthday with Daehyun. Lately, whenever they were alone, Jae would always feel these feelings stir deep inside of her heart, and she didn't know what to do. She couldn't figure out if it was love or not.

Daehyun kept staring at the small black velvet box in front of him. He had wanted to give her this gift for quite a long time now, and now that he bought it, he wondered if she was going to like it at all. Before she got into the accident, she had always wanted it, but he wondered if her feelings were still the same, or if they died along with her memory. Either way, it was worth a shot. Daehyun walked into the living room and found Jae throwing away any wrappers from the presents that she recieved from the boys.

"Jae, can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked, slowly approaching her. Jae turned around and nodded at him, giving him a warm smile. 

"Sure, about what?" She asked, taking a seat on the couch. Daehyun sat down next to her and took a deep breath.

"You might not remember, but back before we broke up, and before you got into the accident-" He took a deep breath, as if it took all of his strength to say those words.

"You always wanted this necklace, so I bought it for you." He held out the small velvet box, and when he opened it, she gasped. Inside, there was a beautiful blue teardrop diamond necklace, and Jae's eyes widened.

"Daehyun... this must've cost a fortune!" She said, examining the necklace with awe. Daehyun chuckled and shrugged.

"It kind of did, but I'd do anything for you." He said, and she squealed and hugged him.

"Thank you!" He laughed and put the necklace on for her, and when she turned around, they both suddenly froze. Their faces were inches apart, and Jae's heart began to pound.

"That necklace looks amazing on you.." Daehyun whispered, but he never broke eye contact with Jae. Jae only smiled, and she too didn't break eye contact with him. Daehyun's walls were crumbling. He needed Jae. He needed her in his life. She was the only one saving him from having a mental breakdown. He needed Jae by his side. He was too in love with her to let her go. He just couldn't.

"Jae, I'm sorry, but I can't forget about you. I don't want you in my life, need you in my life." He whispered, and he began to lean closer to her very slowly. Jae was touched, and she found herself leaning in closer as well. She was surprised, but he knew that he wanted to kiss her, and she actually wanted him to.

Now she had finally understood now.

Very slowly, their lips brushed up against each other, then it turned into a full-fledged heated kiss that sent Jae's heart hammering against her chest. She had forgotten about the world and just allowed herself to get lost into Daehyun's kiss.

Don't think, just feel.