Silence...

Do you remember?

~ I'm still in school, and I did this during the middle of Study Hall, so I had to cut the chapter short a bit. Sorry... I'll update later though. <3 Thanks~

~

Jae sighed and poked her small pieces of pancake with her fork, and she rested her chin against her palm. She glanced at Daehyun, who had already finished his breakfast, but he was sliding his fork around in the syrup, completely lost in thought. Instead of sitting next to her, he sat directly across from her. He hadn't looked up at her or said anything to her at all, and it was killing her.

Daehyun let out another sigh and continued sliding his fork around in the syrup on his plate, not daring to look at Jae. She would often feel her eyes on him, but he wouldn't look up. He couldn't continue pressuring her into giving him something that she didn't want anymore. He could see it in her eyes. He was a little confused though. She had whispered "Saranghae" to him, but now, he began to think that she might have been thinking about her parents at the time. And when he awoke, she was gazing right at him, and her hand was on his cheek. Those small actions triggered dozens of memories to materialize into his brain, and he couldn't help but relive the moments they had shared together. They still hadn't talked about the kiss, and Daehyun wanted to give her some space, which was killing him.

Jae waited for Daehyun to say something, anything to break the silence. After several moments, she sighed and got up, placing her plate in the sink. Daehyun hadn't looked up, and when he heard her head upstairs, he snapped out of his daze and got up to wash the dishes. He wished that he could embrace her in his arms and live the life that they used to have before all of this madness began.

Jae walked back downstairs and slipped into her sneakers. Before she opened the front door, she felt Daehyun's presence behind her.

"Where are you going?" He quietly asked, standing a few feet behind her. Jae didn't turn around, and she opened the door.

"I'm going out." She said, and she walked out and closed the door. Daehyun sighed and scratched his head.

She didn't tell me where.

Jae had no destination in mind. She just let her feet take her anywhere. Before she knew it, she had bumped into a man. Jae bowed and smiled.

"I'm sorry. I didn't watch where I was going." She apologized, and the man smiled at her. "It's fine." He began to narrow his eyes, then his eyes had widened.

"Jae! It's you!" The man grinned and hugged her tight, and Jae awkwardly stood there.

"Um... Do I know you?" She softly asked, not wanting to be rude. The man pulled away and stared at her.

"Don't you recognize me? It's me, Yoo SiHyun, your cousin." He said, poking her temples.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid that I lost my memory, and I haven't been able to remember everything." She kindly said, and Yoo gasped.

"Oh... I'm sorry..." He said, hugging his cousin again. Jae smiled at him. Yoo hadn't seen Jae in over 5 years, since his parents had moved away from Seoul, but now he had married and moved back, and he was aware of Jae's parents' death. He hadn't known that she had been in the coma, and he assumed that she had died as well.

Yoo wanted to take this oppurtunity to refresh some of her memory, so he took Jae to a coffee shop to talk. He told her about their family times, but nothing came to mind. He sighed, and they spent a while talking before taking her home.

"Thank you Yoo. I'm glad we ran into each other." Jae smiled at her cousin, and Yoo grinned.

"Anything for you cousin. I gotta go, but be careful, and take care of yourself." He bent down and kissed her forehead, and Jae smiled at him. She was happy that she had found one of her family members, and she couldn't wait to tell Daehyun.

She waved to him as he drove off into the distance, and Jae happily walked inside of the house, bumping directly into Daehyun's chest.

"Who was that guy?"