Vacation

Do you remember?

Daehyun leaned against the wall and drank from his water bottle, waiting for Mi and Park to come out. His shift ended several minutes ago, and he was ready to go and put his plan into action. Finally, he spotted the both of them coming out of their office.

"Can I talk to you guys real quick?" Daehyun asked as he rushed over to them. They nodded, waiting.

"I'm um... I was wondering if I could take the next 2 days off next week." He said, and Park raised a brow.

"Why? Did something happen?"

"I'm um.. planning on proposing to my girlfriend this weekend, and I want to take her to a special place." He said, and Mi let out a low scream, startling Park and Daehyun.

"Oh my goodness how wonderful!! Of course you can son!" Mi yelled, hugging Daehyun. Daehyun was stunned to respond quickly, but before he could, Mi pulled away.

"Daehyun, I'm so proud of you." She said, and Daehyun smiled and nodded.

"Thank you!"

****

"Babe, pack your bags!" Daehyun sang as he strolled into the house. Jae was in the kitchen, making herself a small bowl of mac and cheese. She looked over her shoulder and raised her brows at him.

"What?"

"Next week, we're going on a vacation!" He said excitedly, and Jae's mouth dropped open.

"What?! Where to?" She asked, smiling. Daehyun chuckled and shook his head.

"No way, I'm not telling you. It's going to be a surprise." He said, and Jae pouted her lips.

"Why?" She whined, and he pecked her lips.

"I want it to be special for my beautiful girlfriend." He chuckled, and she blushed and smiled.

And hopefully soon, fiancee.

While Jae ate, he walked into his room and pulled out the ring from his pocket. He flicked the box open and stared at it. The teardrop ring was in mint condition, and he felt nervous for next week. He hoped that she would say yes, and that he would be able to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Daehyun?" Jae's voice startled him, and he quickly shoved the ring in his drawer.

"Yeah babe?" He said, turning around to face her. She was holding Lucky in her arms and petting his back.

"Who's going to take care of Lucky while we're gone?" She asked, concern in her voice. He smiled.

"Youngjae can take care of him." She smiled and nodded, and that's when he realized how pale and tired she looked.

****

Jae lounged back in the seat of the airplane and sighed. She couldn't see anything.

"Why exactly do I have to be blindfolded?" She asked, and she felt Daehyun hold her hand.

"I want it to be a surprise."

"But I don't even know where we're going." She said, yawning slightly. Lately this past week, she kept feeling exhausted and sick. Daehyun noticed and tried to take her to the doctor, but she convinced herself that she was coming down with something.

"Take a nap or something babe." He said, and she shrugged and eventually fell asleep, and soon enough, Daehyun shook her awake. She didn't kow how long she was out, but she knew that they reached their destination. She hadn't even felt the plane land, that's how exhausted she felt.

Daehyun led her through the airport and into the backseat of a car. They arrived at a hotel, and Daehyun signed in and led her to their room. He led her to the balcony of the room and took off Jae's blindfold. Instantly, her eyes were greeted with an amazing view of the ocean, palm trees, and tropical breeze.

"Welcome to Jeju Island."