Daehyun's family

Do you remember?

Jae began to panic as they neared Daehyun's home, and she could feel her legs begin to betray her. She froze for a moment, and Daehyun stopped and glanced at her.

"Babe, quit worrying. They loved you before, and they'll love you again." Daehyun said, brushing some of her hair behind her ear. Jae sighed and held his hands, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, but what if they don't like me anymore? What kind of person would want somebody who has Amnesia for their son?" Jae sighed again, and Daehyun groaned and ran a hand through his hair. He didn't like how she would continue bringing this up, and how people will supposedly "exclude" her from their lives because of an accident that wasn't even her fault.

"Babe, you need to let go of the past. You need to think positively." He said, and Jae gave him a look.

"How do you expect me to let go? I can't." She said, and he shook his head and brought her hand up to his lips.

"You can, and you will. It will hurt you forever, but you have to stop beating yourself over it. You need to focus on your future, our future." Daehyun said, giving her palm a gentle kiss. Jae smiled at him and nodded.

"Thank you.." He laced their fingers together, and they walked to the house, which was now in view.

Jae's legs felt like jelly. A million things could go wrong, but she had to think positive. Positive.

They were now at the door, and Jae's heart was accelerating as Daehyun gently knocked on the door. He squeezed her hand in a reassuring way, and she took several deep breaths.

I need to calm down... My baby..

A man opened the door, and Jae hid behind Daehyun. The man didn't look like him at all though.

"Daehyun, it's good to see you again." The man's shock was brief, but it turned into a handsome smirk afterwards. Daehyun smirked and gave his older brother a hug, patting his back.

"It's great to see you again hyung." He grinned again, and he glanced over his shoulder to look at Jae, who was watching them with awe.

Brotherly love!

Daehyun put his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him, and she blushed and bowed her head at the man.

"H-hello. It's nice to meet you." She tried her best not to stutter, and when she raised her head, the man was giving her a peculiar look. He was staring at her intensly, his dark brown eyes wide, and his mouth dropped open in shock.

"Jae, is that really you?.." He said, but she really didn't need to answer. She kindly smiled, and Daehyun's hand slid to her back and rubbed for comfort.

"She woke up 6 months ago." Daehyun answered, and his brother stared at them for a while. Daehyun coughed and smiled at Jae.

"Well Jae, this is my older brother YuhJoon. YuhJoon, as you already know, this is Jae." Jae smiled and bowed her head at him, and he did the same, but he gave Daehyun a questioning look. He gave him a I'll-explain-later look, and YuhJoon nodded, understanding the unspoken communication. YuhJoon gave Jae a bright smile, flashing his perfect teeth.

"Well, come in and make yourself at home Jae." He smiled and let them in, leading them into the living room.

"Where are mom and dad?" Daehyun asked as he took a seat next to Jae on the comfy brown leather couch. YuhJoon took a seat on the couch on the opposite side and lounged back.

"They're in the kitchen. They're busy setting up lunch." He said, chuckling a bit. Daehyun placed his hand over his forehead and shook his head, exhaling in frustration.

"Please tell me that mom didn't go overboard again..." He quietly said, and YuhJoon laughed.

"Oh she did alright. And dad's actually helping her for once. Shocker." He laughed again, and Daehyun gave his hyung a wary grin.

"I hope you're hungry Jae. Mom probably made enough food to feed a village." Daehyun chuckled, and Jae giggled. YuhJoon observed her for a moment and leaned forward, resting his arms against his thighs.

"So Jae, how has my lousy brother been treating you?" He chuckled, and Daehyun glared at him.

"Aish, you haven't changed. Jerk." Jae giggled and smiled at YuhJoon, feeling a bit more comfortable with him now.

"Daehyun never ceases to amaze me. He's made so many sacrifices for me, and I just have no way to thank him... He's truly somebody special." She said, turning away from YuhJoon to face Daehyun, who was giving her his famous smile. YuhJoon grinned and lounged back into the couch again, and before he could ask another question, Daehyun's parents strolled into the room. At the sight of their son, they were leaping with joy, but when they saw Jae sitting next to him, they froze and stared at her like she was an alien. Jae squirmed in her seat, uncomfortable with their intense gaze. She had a feeling that they were judging her. A strangled cry in the room startled Jae, and she saw his mother run towards her and embrace her in a hug.

"Oh sweetie, it's so good to see you again! We've missed you so much! We were so worried about you!" She cried, and Jae awkwardly stood in her embrace. Daehyun pried her mother off of her and gave her a look.

"Mom, behave yourself..." He began, but he rolled his eyes when his mother hugged him tightly, but he kissed her forehead and gave her a smile that would've sent Jae melting to the floor in seconds. She could see the love in his eyes as he gazed at his family, and suddenly Jae felt upset that she didn't have this relationship with her own parents any longer. She knew that she had to let go and move on, but who knew that letting go could be so difficult?

"Jae, it's great to see you awake and well again." Daehyun's father said, placing his hand on her shoulder. She smiled and nodded. His mother giggled and held Jae's hands.

"Yes, you look better dear... You must be hungry, since you came a long way. I've already set up lunch, so everyone, let's go." She urged everybody into the dining room, and Daehyun's eyes popped out of his head at the amount of food set on the table. Clearly, it would probably feed 2 villages.

"Mom.... Did you invite everybody in Seoul to come and eat too? I mean, that's what it looks like." He sarcastically said, and he wondered how on earth did she even prepare this food in the short amount of time that they had spent getting here. His mother glared at him, then smiled softly.

"When you mentioned that you were bringing somebody, I got excited and I just cooked whatever came to mind." She giggled, and he stared at her like she was crazy. Jae sat down in between Daehyun and YuhJoon, and smiled at his mother.

"The food looks delicious." She said, and his mother smiled and sat down next to her husband, and they served themselves and hardly talked while eating.

****

Everyone was stuffed, and they walked into the living room to have a proper conversation. 

"So Jae, how have you been handling things...?" YuhJoon carefully asked, and Jae glanced at Daehyun and gave him a smile.

"Well honestly, I would've been a huge wreck without Daehyun. If it wasn't for him, I'd be a hopeless person...." She quietly said, and Daehyun rubbed her back soothingly. YuhJoon grinned at Daehyun.

"We're terribly sorry for what happened..." His father said, and Jae silently nodded, wishing that she had her parents back. 

"But we'll be here whenever you need us. Remember what happened when all of us reunited at Daehyun's 14th birthday?" His mother asked, trying to bring up a bright subject. Jae tensed and tried to remember, but she hadn't remembered anything involving Daehyun's family. Daehyun sensed her tension, and he coughed and turned to his parents.

"Uh... When Jae awoke from her coma... she lost her memory... and she's only been able to remember a few memories..." Daehyun slowly said, and the room was filled with silence. His mother's eyes began to tear up, and she reached over the table and grabbed Jae's hands. Jae looked up at her, mouth set in a sad thin line.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry... You've been through so much... Would you like to stay with us for a while? We won't mind; we'd love to have you here." She said, and Jae smiled and shook her head.

"Thank you, but no thanks. I'll be fine... after all, I have Daehyun... I want to take care of myself as well." She said, and his mother sadly smiled.

"Are you sure? We're worried about you. You've been through alot of horrible things." His father said, and she shook her head, smiling.

"Does he always stay by your side?" YuhJoon asked with a smirk, and Daehyun glared at him.

"I always have, and I always will. Besides, I'm her Fiance, I'm supposed to stay by her side always." At this, YuhJoon raised his brows at him, and his parents stared at him. Then his mother screamed and danced around with joy.

"I'm going to have a daughter!!!" She screamed, hugging Jae. She giggled and willingly hugged her, and his father approached her.

"We're happy to welcome you to our family." He said, and Jae squealed and hugged him, shocking him briefly. Daehyun's father wasn't too much of a hugging person, but with Jae, it was different. Jae really can change people in different ways, and that was one of the many things that he loved about her.

"Mom, be careful not to crush my son too." Daehyun confidently said, and his mother screamed and hugged her again, and he thought for a moment that she really was going to crush his baby.

"Son, I'm proud of you. For your hard work with B.A.P, your engagement, your son, everything. I'm very proud." His father said, and Daehyun smiled and nodded. YuhJoon walked over and grinned at him.

"You're really something else. I'm proud of you bro." He grinned again, and Daehyun smirked. "I told you that I could be a great guy."

"Sweetie, we're going to support you 100%. We'll make sure to come and visit you sometime, and be sure to invite us to the wedding." His mother said, and Jae giggled and nodded.

"Of course,I consider you my family." She said, smiling softly.

****

3 hours later, they were on their way back home. Jae was exhausted, but she was happy that things went well with Daehyun's family. She felt guilty for not remembering them, but she loved them. She felt a little jealous that Daehyun had such a sweet family, while hers no longer existed with her.

"Jae, are you alright?" Daehyun asked, holding her closer to him. Jae placed her head against his shoulder and sighed.

"I really love your family." She said, and he chuckled. "I told you that they'd love you."

"Yeah..." She quietly murmured, and Daehyun took a long glance at her and sighed.

"Are you thinking about your parents?" She raised her head and stared at him.

"Am I that readable?"

"Very."

She sighed and stared out the window. The sun had begun to set, coloring the sky a lovely warm shade of orange and pink.

"I just miss them... It's hard to let go." She mumbled, and Daehyun sadly smiled at her.

"I know it is, but you'll do it soon. I'll be here. Always." He bent down and kissed her cheek, and she smiled at him.

"I really do love you Daehyun." He kissed her lips and stared into her eyes.

"I love you too Jae."

She placed her against his shoulder and soon found herself drifting off to sleep. Daehyun wrapped his jacket around her and rested his cheek against her head and sighed happily, watching the trees pass by as the train took them away from Busan.

I love you.

 

~ It's been a while :P I was stuck with baby-sitting, homework, and dealing with personal things... Sorry~ :(

<3 ~