Interrogation

Do you remember?

Jae began to feel uneasy as Daehyun walked back to the table. She glanced at Yoo, who was glaring at him. She hadn't remembered much about Yoo, but from what she actually remembered, he was really over-protective of his female family members. 

Literally over-protective.

Once, she remembered bringing home on of her best guy friends, other than Daehyun, home with her to study for a test in Biology class. Yoo decided to drop by, and when he saw them in her room, he got the wrong idea and started yelling at them. He even slapped the guy in the head and chased him out of the house. Since then, the poor guy got a little afraid whenever he stopped by, worrying that Yoo would be home. 

Another time was when another one of her friends came over, and they had to rehearse something for an upcoming dance show. However, the boy tripped, and they somehow fell on Jae's bed, with him on top of her. Yoo walked in and immediately grabbed a machete that Jae's dad used to keep under his bed. Why he did, Jae never knew. The poor guy was chased out of the house, and Yoo threatened to slit his throat open if he ever touched her again. He got a little afraid to hug her afterwards. Basically, Yoo was a completely different and scary person when it came to protecting his female family members, and Jae didn't know what he'd do now that he knew that she was engaged and pregnant with Daehyun's child.

Jae felt as if Yoo would make Daehyun fly out of the window only using his intense glare.

Daehyun sat down at the table, feeling a bit uncomfortable by the man's intense gaze on him. He was staring at him in an unfriendly way, while the woman next to him was beaming at his presence. Jae, on the other hand, was shooting glares at the man, but she also looked nervous.

What in the world?

"Hello, I'm Jung Daehyun." Daehyun introduced himself and extended his hand towards Yoo, who stared at his hand for several seconds as if he thought if he should actually shake it. But he did it anyway, and forced a smile on his face.

"Yoo SiHyun." He almost hissed, and Daehyun smiled awkwardly and nodded, extending his hand towards the woman. She squealed and shook his hand eagerly, only to have it slapped away by Yoo.

"Behave yourself Min. This is my wife, Min Ji." Yoo said, glaring at him again. Min slapped Yoo's arm and went back to smiling at Daehyun.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Daehyun. I'm a big fan of B.A.P." She said, and Daehyun smiled and chuckled.

"Thank you for cheering for us. We appreciate it." He bowed his hand kindly, and Min giggled while Yoo rolled his eyes. Jae was silent though, watching them intently and making sure that there weren't any kind of "weapons" Yoo might use to harm Daehyun. But then again, he might even kill him with a tissue. Jae cleared and spoke up.

"Yoo is my cousin Daehyun. Remember, the one that walked me home?" Jae said, and Daehyun nodded, remembering that day. He still felt guilty for snapping at her like that, but Jae had moved on from that.

"So," hissed Yoo, "I see that you're seeing my baby cousin, Jae." Jae narrowed her eyes at him and was about to remark when Daehyun spoke.

"Yes I am. It's been going on since High School actually. I've been in love with her for 11 years now, and for more years to come. Eternity even." Daehyun replied, calmly and confidently. He didn't like the way Yoo was staring at him though. He felt like Yoo would take his head and put it on a stick, since he was looking at him like he was dead meat.

"I wonder why I'm meeting you now, and in this current situation too." Yoo said, and he yelped when he felt something hard kick his knee. He glared at Jae, but he yelped again and stared at his wife accusingly, who was smirking but also admiring Daehyun at the moment.

"W-well, I don't know why I haven't met you before... But it's nice to meet you." He said, and Yoo nodded, moving onto his next question.

"So Jae told me that you were engaged to her, and that she's pregnant with your child." Yoo slowly said, and Daehyun nodded, smiling. Min started to worry and told Yoo to calm down and be quiet, but he ignored her.

"I am. I love her so much, that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm happy that we have a son on the way." He calmly said, and Jae smiled at him admiringly. Yoo slapped his hands down on the table and stood up, startling Min, Daehyun, and Jae. He looked so fierce at the moment, and Daehyun flinched at his fury.

What did I do?!

"How could you just knock her up like that?! Don't you know that she has been through enough in her life? She doesn't want more pressure on her shoulders, and having a child is just adding onto that!" He shouted, startling Daehyun again. His eyes widened, and he was silent, looking down at his hands. A few people sitting nearby also jumped, surprised by Yoo's commotion. Jae buried her face in her hands to hide her fury and embarrassment. She didn't want to angry, since it could spark the risk of miscarriage, but right now, Jae couldn't help it.

"Yah!! Will you shut up and sit down?!" She yelled, kicking his leg again. Yoo ignored the pain but glared at her.

"Jae, you're no better. You know your situation, and that's not helping you. You need rest." Min slapped Yoo lightly, but he continued ignoring her, sparking rage in her too. Jae carefully stood up and leaned over the table, glaring at Yoo.

"What's your problem?!" She yelled, not caring if people were staring at them. Min held Jae's hand and gave her a concerned look.

"Sweetie, calm down. Do our babies a favor to not hear this mess." She said, and Jae wanted to, but she couldn't let Yoo trample all over Daehyun. Pretty soon, the both of them were yelling at Yoo, who was also yelling back. Daehyun was lost in thought for several moments however. Yoo's words sunk into his head, and he suddenly felt as if he was a burden to Jae. He had been putting some pressure on her with the baby, but he didn't regret creating the baby not one bit. Jae seemed to notice, particularly by the expression on his face, and she sighed and kissed his temple.

"Don't give me that look. You're no burden to me, and I love you." She assured, and he gave her a warm smile, but the bubbly moment was shattered when Yoo scoffed at him.

"Please, he's so lucky that I'm testing my patience. I would've throttled him ages ago if I weren't on this train with my pregnant wife." He scowled, and something in Jae snapped. She grabbed her glass of water, which she realized was there, and threw at Yoo, soaking his face and shoulders with water. The glass hit his forehead and left a small bruise, and a look of shock crossed his face. People gasped, and Jae had never been more embarrassed in her life.

"Aish, shut up you babo!! Aish, I really hate you right now! Babo!!" She screamed and threw her napkins at him, which didn't seem to have an effect since it didn't even make it to his body. Min gasped with horror, and Jae practically crawled over Daehyun to get out. He grabbed her wrist to stop her, but she yanked it away and marched towards the bathroom, locking herself in it and leaning against the sink, burying her face in her hands. She couldn't believe that her idiot cousin embarrassed her in front of a crowd, Daehyun, his own wife, and her own unborn son.

Jae gave herself several moments to calm down, but she stiffened when she heard knocking on the door. 

"Jae, open up." Yoo sighed, and Jae slammed her fist against the door, making Yoo jump. "Go away." There was some muffled comments and some scowling, but then she heard soft knocking on the door.

"Jae, open up. It's me." She relaxed when she heard Daehyun's angelic voice, and she unlocked the door and let him in. He walked in and locked the door again, and turned to her, concern written on his face.

"Daehyun, I'm so sorry for Yoo's behavior. He's so over-protective." Jae apologized, and Daehyun nervously chuckled and shrugged.

"Who wouldn't be? I can understand him though." He said, placing his hands on her waist. Jae stared at him like he was crazy, blinking several times. "You what?"

"Jae, you were in an accident where you lost your parents, and you nearly died yourself. But you survived and slipped into a coma, waking up 4 years later having no memory at all, only to have your house burn down, and now you're engaged and pregnant. I can see why he's mentally strangling my vocal chords out. He's just looking out for you, since you went through so much." He explained, and Jae was silent. She couldn't form an answer right away.

"If he's really looking out for me, he wouldn't have tried to kill you, and others who came near me." She said, causing Daehyun to raise his brows but he shrugged. 

"I wouldn't either, but hey, he loves you and just wants what's best for you." He said, giving her a genuine smile, making her melt to the floor. She felt her anger slowly diminish, and she couldn't believe how magical he was.

"I feel guilty now for saying that I hate him..." Jae sighed, resting her head against Daehyun's shoulder. He chuckled and rubbed her back in a soothing way that helped work the tense muscles out.

"It's natural to say things like that when you're angry, even if you don't mean it. Now, let's go back before your cousin gets suspicious and will really want to strangle me then." He chuckled, and Jae couldn't believe how calm he sounded.

Gosh this man....

They shared a warm, passionate kiss before returning back to the table, where Min was quietly screaming at Yoo for his stupidity and selfishness. Yoo sighed and kept his head down in shame, accepting the cruel, caring words his wife shot at him. He wanted to protect Jae, and he couldn't help it when he saw that she was pregnant. She had lost everything close to her, and he didn't want to her to be depressed. But he always loses control, and now she's angry at him. He couldn't handle it whenever his cousins or his sister was angry at him. It would tear him apart.

He didn't lift his head when he felt Jae's presence, or when she sat down in her seat along with Daehyun. Min finished with her scolding and shot a kind-hearted smile at Jae.

"I'm so sorry for what Yoo said. Jae, please be careful not to be stressed." Min said, and she nodded. She turned to Daehyun, a bright smile on her face.

"Dae, I'm sorry for what Yoo said. he's just being a babo, please ignore him. I'm terribly sorry." Min said, and Daehyun shook his head and smiled at her.

"He's my hyung, and he did have a point. I honestly wasn't expecting the baby, but I don't regret it. I want to continue making sacrifices to keep that smile on Jae's face." He said, turning towards her and giving her lips a peck. Jae blushed and smiled at him. Yoo sighed and finally raised his head, and Min tensed, getting ready to slap him once an outburst escaped his lips.

"Daehyun... I hate you." He said, and Min slapped the back on his head so hard that it made Jae wince. He yelped and rubbed his head, nervously glancing his wife who was shooting daggers at him. Daehyun was calm though.

"I expected that."

"That's not what I meant though..." He said, grabbing Min's hand and glancing at Jae, who was watching him intently. He noticed that all signs of anger washed away from her face, and he took that as a good sign.

"I hate you for being so perfect." He said, and Daehyun looked confused for a moment. He was about to say something when Yoo spoke first.

"I've heard of all of the sacrifices you made for Jae. You sacrificed your own time to get a second job, despite your already busy job with B.A.P, and now you're getting married and having a baby? I can't work under those conditions. And yet, you've never left Jae's side once. Not even while she was in the coma." He said, and Daehyun slowly nodded. Yoo sighed and bowed his head, staring at his lap.

"...I really hate you. Why are you so perfect? You better take good care of Jae, and if you make her cry once, I'll come back and kill you." He looked back up at him as he said the last part, serious darkness in his eyes. Daehyun didn't flinch though, and he nodded, smiling.

"I swear on my life that I'll protect her and our child. You don't have to worry." He said, wrapping an arm around Jae's waist and pulling her closer to him. She was watching with amazement, smiling at her sweet but idiot cousin. Yoo smiled and turned to Jae now, his smile faltering a bit.

"Jae, I'm so sorry that I got like that. I lose control, and I just want to make sure that you're alright. I'm such a babo..." He sighed.

"You are, and a big one." She said, smiling. Yoo was startled momentarily, giving a wary smile.

"But I love you, and I understand that you're just looking out for me, especially after what happened. I may not remember anything, but I can take of myself too." She said, reaching over and grabbing his hand. He smiled and lifted her hand up to his lips and kissed it, giving her a genuine smile.

"I love you too."

After all of the chaos was over, they spent some time getting to know one another until they felt the train stop.

"Looks like this is our stop. Take care, and Daehyun, remember what I said. You're the only guy that I'm letting near this girl, so don't screw up!" He warned, but he was smiling. Daehyun chuckled and nodded, saluting him like he does in his chant with the group.

"Yes sir!" He sang, and they smiled and waved goodbye, and then they were off again. Jae sighed and rested her head against Daehyun's shoulder, exhaling.

"Aish, he really is a babo." Jae sighed, causing Daehyun to laugh.

"Nah, he's caring. I like him." He said, and Jae pouted her lips. She sighed and stared out the window at the passing trees.

"When are we going to stop by Busan?" She asked, turning her head to look up at him. Daehyun grinned and kissed her lips.

"Next stop."