Finally...

Do you remember?

It's almost as if they had traveled to Hawaii.

"Daehyunah!! I've always wanted to come to this place! Thank you so much!" Jae squealed and attacked Daehyun in a hug, and he chuckled and shrugged.

"I'd do anything for you babe." He kissed the top of her forehead and smiled at her. Jae looked up at him and gave him a small smile, and then Daehyun noticed how pale she looked.

"Babe, I really do think that you should go and see a doctor. You look pale." He said, concern crossing his face. Jae shook her head and returned her eyes to the view.

"I'm fine, it's probably just a thing going around." She said, and Daehyun was silent. Jae smiled to herself and waked back into the room, rummaging through her bags for her bikini and shorts.

"Want to go swimming for a bit?" She asked, and Daehyun nodded and smiled.

****

After several hours of swimming, they finally returned back to their room to rest. Jae yawned and changed into some shorts and a tank top.

"Babe, I'm going to take a nap for a while." She said, and Daehyun nodded and pecked her lips.

"Are you sure that you don't want anything to eat?" He asked and she shook her head. "I don't have much of an appetite right now."

"If you need anything, I'll be down at the Cafe. I'm starving." He chuckled, grabbing his phone. Jae nodded and laid down on the comfy bed and closed her eyes, falling asleep in seconds. Daehyun stared at her for several moments before quietly leaving. He went down to the Cafe and ordered a burger and fries, and he pulled out his phone and dialed Youngjae's number.

"Did she say yes?!" Youngjae excitedly asked after picking up. Daehyun chuckled and pulled out the small box from his pocket.

"Well, I haven't asked her yet. I hope she does.." He said, feelings his stomach flip nervously. He wasn't sure when exactly he'd ask her and where, but he had to find a special place. He wanted it to be special.

"Well, you gotta ask her right away!" Youngjae yelled, and Daehyun sighed.

"I don't know... Everytime I think about it, I get nervous. And besides, what if she says no? She only woke up about a month ago, so she'll probably think that I'm rushing, but I want to be with her so badly. I want to die right next to her, holding her, calling her my wife. I can't imagine life without her. I-"

"Hold it dude. You're making me emotional." Youngjae pretended to sob, and Daehyun rolled his eyes.

"I have an idea. Why not take her to a beautiful place, and as the sun is setting, propose then." Youngjae suggested, and Daehyun thought about it for a moment.

"Actually, I just thought of something."

****

Daehyun shook Jae awake, and it took her several moments to actually wake up.

"Wha-what happened?" She yawned, slowly sitting up. Daehyun sat down on the bed and held a tray of food on his lap.

"Babe, it's almost 10. You've been asleep all day. I just woke you up so you could eat something." He said, and he held out a delicious smelling burger towards her closed lips. She hesitated, but she opened her lips and took a bite, the flavors dancing around on her taste buds.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" He asked, and Jae took another bite and nodded.

"I'm fine Daehyun, really." She said after she swallowed, and he silently nodded, although he was becoming concerned. Suddenly, Jae clutched her head and winced in pain, and Daehyun stood up so quickly that he nearly knocked the tray of food over. He knelt beside Jae and rubbed her back.

"Did you remember something else?" He asked, and Jae winced again but nodded.

"It was our 1 year anniversary together..." She whispered after several moments. Daehyun felt his cheeks burn and he nervously rubbed his neck, remembering that memory. That was the time where Daehyun was madly in love with her, and he was beginning to think about their future together. He was talking about marriage, kids, jobs, what they'd do.

"Daehyunah-"

"We were young. I didn't know how difficult things would be. Marriage is big, and you have to be ready and-" Jae giggled at him and smiled. "It's fine." She giggled again, recovering from her headache. He just nervously chuckled and helped her eat.

****

Today was the day. 

Daehyun drove deep into the forest and took Jae to a beautiful, private waterfall with an amazing view of the mountains and the ocean.

"Wow, Daehyun how did you find this place?" Jae asked with amazement. Daehyun chuckled and helped her out of the car.

"I have my sources." He said, and she rolled her eyes and walked around. Daehyun quickly reached for the ring in his pocket and held it in his hand. His heart was racing, and his throat was dry. His stomach was doing backflips, but his confidence was burning. He didn't know what he'd do if she said no. He'd be broken. He put the ring in his pocket and smiled to himself.

This is it.

Jae and Daehyun spent some time swimming around the lake. He led her to the center of the lake and grinned to her.

"Race you to see who reaches the bottom first." He said, and Jae grinned. "You're on." They both took deep breaths and sunk uderwater, swimming down to the bottom. Of course, Daehyun let Jae win, because he didn't want to be obvious. Jae reached the bottom and smiled at Daehyun who joined her. She grinned and waved her fingers at him, indicating that she won and he lost. She then spotted a small oyster shell, the ones that carry pearls in their mouths. She curiously lifted it and searched for more, but there were none. She glanced at Daehyun, who had a smile on his face. He indicated for her to open it, and she nodded and opened it, almost in water when she did.

Inside was the blue teardrop diamond ring that exactly matched the necklace that Daehyun gave her, and written in black permanent marker on the top were the words.

Will you marry me?

Jae opened to gasp, but quickly realized that she was underwater. She closed the shell and quickly rose to the surface, and when she did, she in a deep breath and stared at Daehyun who had risen to the surface.

Did he just propose to me?

"Jae, I truly do love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't imagine life without you, and I want to always be here for you." He said after he calmed his nerves down a bit. Jae opened the shell again and stared at the ring and the writing. She had only woken up not too long ago, and Daehyun was asking her to marry her? Daehyun waited, getting more nervous by the second.

"Yes!..." She squealed as she closed the shell and hugged Daehyun tightly. Daehyun's eyes widened and he stared at her.

Did she just say yes?

"Really?" He asked, and she nodded as she broke into hysterical tears. She knew that it wasn't too long that she'd been awake, and even though she hadn't remembered much about Daehyun, he showed her that he did have her back, that he'd always be there for her. He made all kinds of sacrifices for her. She felt 5 years worth of feelings in her, plus the stronger ones that she felt towards him now. She fell for him, and she fell for him hard.

"Yes!!" She sobbed, and Daehyun smiled and hugged her tightly, spinning her around in the water.

She said yes!

"Jae, you don't know how happy I am right now." He whispered in her ear, and Jae blushed and held the shell close to her heart.

"Daehyun, I really do love you. I may not remember much about you at the moment, but I feel what I felt for you before and what I feel now. I really do love you." She whispered, and Daehyun felt his insides explode with happiness.

"I love you so much Jae." He whispered, and he held her and sunk underwater. He brushed some her hair away that was floating in her face, and he leaned in and gave her a warm kiss, pulling her tightly against him. His heart was still racing, and he could feel Jae's heartbeat hammering through her chest as well. Daehyun couldn't believe how lucky he was right now.

I'm now engaged to the most amazing woman in the world.