Lost

Do you remember?

"Sweetie, is Daehyun already at the concert?" Jae's mother asked, and Jae nodded her head. Her father kept his eyes on the dark road, but he spoke to Jae.

"Stay with Daehyun at all times alright?"

"Dad, it's a concert. It's pretty hard to to get kidnapped." She rolled her eyes, but she found herself smiling.

"You know that we love you." Her mother said, and Jae smiled again.

"Sweetie, look out!!" Her mother suddenly screamed, and she glanced up just in time to see the truck's huge headlights blast in their faces, and they all screamed.

And then, darkness came.

 

Jae screamed and sat up so quickly that her neck began to hurt. She was covered in sweat, and she held her hand up to her beating heart. She glanced around, and it took several moments before her eyes adjusted to the dark. There were not headlights in front of her, and there was no truck. She was in her bedroom, safe and sound.

Daehyun came running in several seconds later, and he sat down in front of Jae and gripped her shoulders, giving her a concerned look.

"Jae, what happened?!" He asked, wiping away the sweat on her forehead. She didn't answer right away; she gave herself several moments to catch her breath.

"I-I had another vision... T-The crash..." She breathed out, trying to control her heart. Daehyun was silent, shocked. He wasn't expecting her to remember such a tragic memory so soon, and yet, at 3 in the morning. He didn't say anything; he laid down next to her and pulled her on top of his body, pulling the covers over them both. Jae was too shocked and afraid to realize right away, but even then, she didn't put up a fight. She felt her body go limp in his embrace, and she found herself quietly sobbing. Daehyun her hair and held her there, despite of how quickly his heart was beating.

"It's alright babe. It's alright." He whispered, though he wasn't sure if he was helping. Lately, he didn't know how to comfort her at these kind of moments, especially since she had lived through them. Jae buried her face into his bare chest, and Daehyun felt her tears fall on his chest.

"I-I don't want to fall asleep anymore. I thought that I was going to die..." She whispered, still in shock. She feared that if she closed her eyes, she'd return to the backseat of her car, witnessing the event all over again. Daehyun cupped her chin and lifted her face up gently, gazing into her beautiful brown eyes.

"But you didn't die... You're here, alive, with us." He whispered, kissing her tear-filled eyes. Jae sniffled, giving Daehyun a tiny smile.

"Daehyun... I... Thank you." She had finally gotten herself to calm down, and only then did she fully realize that she was on top pf Daehyun. She blushed, and she felt her heart accelerate again, and when she went to slide off of him, he stregthened his grip around her.

"No. I want to hold you like this for a while." He whispered, and Jae swallowed and rested her head against his chest, slowly closing her eyes. She trusted Daehyun, and she needed his company. She felt safe in his arms, and slowly, her fear was disappearing, but that image would be attached to her brain forever.

"Saranghae." Daehyun whispered in her ear, and Jae barely heard his words before she was falling asleep.

"Saranghae..." She mindlessly whispered, falling asleep completely. Daehyun's mouth dropped open in surprise, but he sadly smiled and planted a kiss on her head.

Saranghae.

****

Jae awoke with a massive headache a couple of hours later, and she was getting ready to get up before she realized that arms were around her still. Instantly, reality came flooding back to her, and she gasped and slowly looked up at the sleeping Daehyun. His soft brown hair was tousled and sticking up in all directions. His dark eyes were hidden behind his eyelids, and his plump, baby lips were parted slightly. She felt his breath fan the top of her head. She blushed, and she couldn't stop staring at his face. Emotions started to stir deep inside of her, and her heart was accelerating rapidly.

With shaky hands, she reached up and very gently, brushed some his hair with her fingers. She stopped for a moment, checking to see if he woke up. He stirred a bit, but he didn't wake up. She brushed his hair again, slowly smiling to herself. Her hand mindlessly slid down to his soft cheek, and she caressed it for a moment. It also woke him up.

Jae half expected him to push her away, or to slap her hand away, but he didn't move. He stayed the way he was, and he gazed into her eyes, slowly pulling her in. Daehyun grabbed her hand and slid it to his lips, giving it a soft kiss. Jae didn't pull it away. He kissed her fingers and her wrist, then he laced their fingers together. Daehyun slowly began to lean in, and Jae's breath got caught in . She was completely frozen when she felt Daehyun's soft lips brush up against her.

Daehyun felt a wave of emotions wash over him like a tidal wave. Unable to resist, he kissed her frozen lips again, but Jae was too shocked to respond. Daehyun suddenly pulled away and looked away from her, sighing loudly. He felt like he was continuing to pressure her about their relationship, and he couldn't keep doing to her. She had a life to live after all, even it wasn't by his side.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered, sitting up and helping her up. Jae blinked several times and mentally shook her head to snap her out of her daze.

"Maybe I should just cancel my ultimatum... I should just let you live your life instead of continuing to be selfish..." Daehyun quietly said, rubbing the back of his neck sadly.

"No, Daehyun, I-"

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable and pressured... I'll go make breakfast." Daehyun stood up and walked out of the bedroom, leaving Jae stunned and speechless. She placed a finger over her lips, her cheeks already on fire. She couldn't believe what had just happened, and nevertheless, Daehyun canceled his ultimatum. Suddenly, she felt upset, and she wanted to be in his arms again, like they had been just moments ago before the kiss happened.

She felt lost and confused, and her heart was confusing her even more. She's feeling so many emotions, and then, towards Daehyun, it becomes different. She sighed and laid back on her bed, burying her face in her hands and letting out a deep breath.

I'm so lost right now...